A Five Year Plan You Decide

westcoasterman

If Kings Island were to ask you the Park fans: What would you want in 5 year plan, What would you say?

2008--Add a flat or two near FOF and Firehawk

2009--B&M Inverted and new slide in Waterpark

2010--New Flying Eagles and Miniture Golf

2011--Intamin Mega Coaster and and a new slide in Waterpark

2012--Ferris Wheel and replace Sponge Bob 3D Theatre with a Camp Snoopy

I know this is sort of a wish list but, you never know who is watching and reading and may just say, That sounds interesting.

Have fun and give me your thoughts.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2007- Just add Firehawk and make sure theming and the area is done correctly. I don't really want to see a coaster just in there for the heck of it.

2008- Add a few flats behind Flight of Fear, retheme Topgun (paint please) and Faceoff. Take it one step at a time

2009- A new steel coaster, preferably near Firehawk.

2010- If this is possible, retheme the scooby doo ride in Nick Universe.

2011- Add some water park attractions, add some trees and relaxing areas in Action Zone.

Well, technically, Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle is on International Street, not in Nickelodeon Universe.

Why retheme Face Off, its name is appropriate for the ride. Although it may have to be renamed when and if Cedar Fair decides to drop the movie licenses. But there really isn`t any movie specific theming in Face Off`s line or station.

2008- Add a little bit more theming on Adventure Express (I think it needs a tad more, but thats just me)

2009- New Flat ride in Rivertown somewhere (I dont know why, but It just pops in my head)

2010- New Coaster in Park

2011- Theming on Rides that are outdated or chipping paint (like Top Gun)

2012- Add some new sheds in the picnic grove, and add a new attraction in the waterpark

Get rid of the Paramount name.

Refresh park with paint (buildings and rides that need it).

Replace blacktop with concrete.

Update restrooms that need it.

Add more flowers and trees.

Add Flat Ride

Add more flowers and trees.

Add new slides to BB

Update walkways make Action Zone have a better follow.

Add B&M coaster

New Shows

Get rid of Nick and convert to Camp Snoopy

New ride for Scooby

New camp ground and cabins

New Coaster (Giga or Strata)

Hotel on property

2008:

New B&M floorless coaster, located in Action Zone, intertwines with SoB, and has a loop directly next to the old SoB loop location. Named: Slayer

2009: TRTR is removed, replaced with an S&S Screamin Swing. Named: SkyHunter. All remaining attractions with names referring to Paramount films are renamed. Face/Off becomes Dominator, Drop Zone becomes Perilous Plunge, Top Gun becomes Thunder Road, Italian Job becomes Stunt Track.

2010: General park improvements. Additions of 2-3 small flat rides in Coney Mall area.

2011: Scooby Doo is replaced by Charlie Brown's Great Adventure. Nickelodeon Universe gets an overhaul, with several new flat rides, no new kid coasters.

2012: Vortex is removed, and replaced by an Intamin hydraulic launch coaster. Named: Star Rider

Oh, no you don't...there will be no removal of old rides..this is why we hate paramount remember!

Vortex can stay right where its at! lol that intamin coaster can go somewhere else!

I have my reasons for removing Vortex. I love the ride, but it has to go soon. Cedar Fair removes old rides too. ALL parks remove old rides. It happens, get over it.

I recall a quote from Al Weber that appeared in a Cincinnati Enquirer tribute at Kings Island`s 25th anniversary. The paper had a special in their Weekend section in May chronicling the history of the park through its first twenty five years. In one of the articles, Al Weber, who was at the time Kings Island`s general manager (he would later become the CEO of Paramount Parks until they were sold to Cedar Fair) said "We know the park will be different in the future, we just don`t know how it will be different yet."

2008 New restaurant, new flat ride, new water slide

2009 Renovation of International Street, including new ADA accessible restaurant in IR space. Trees removed, and pathway located closer to the fountain. Seating areas and trees moved closer to buildings - for clearer view of fountains and Eiffel Tower. New flat ride or water slide.

2010 B&M Hyper Coaster.

2011 Update/expansion of Nickelodeon Universe. Second wave pool.

2012 40th Anniversary: new "outside the park" village, leading to the front gate. This area would include a mid-rise hotel, a few shops and dining options, conference center. This would be built in the center of the parking lot. Some parking could be relocated to remote lots with shuttles or a parking structure built in part of the existing lot. Yes, a very ambitious, costly plan, but would lay the foundation for Kings Island's future.

Gradual Improvements, each year: Replacement of blacktop with concrete - restroom remodeling - landscaping

Some really good ideas. At least those who have responded, understand that the beauty of old Kings Island needs to return. As in flowers and landscaping. Lets hope this is being read. I love this park and only want it to improve every year. I hope they bring back the Clown Band or whatever it was that used to roam around the park. Keep those great ideas flowing.

2008: Continue adding trees, landscaping, etc.

Add fresh coats of paint on buildings, rides

Move TRTR to another area of the park and add S & S screamin' swing in it's place (wishful thinkin)

New restaurant above entrance to park

2009: B & M invert or hyper (preferably behind FoF/ Firehawk). Either that or install the world's largest

B & M stand-up, paint it yellow and green and call it the next "King Cobra"

Refurbish all theming and robots around train tracks (I used to love the robot blacksmith dude)

2010: New waterslide in BB (something along the lines of that bowl slide that Splashin' Safari is getting

this year)

Bring back Flying Eagles for the whole family

2011: Maybe another new flat ride or water ride like a water coaster

Add another sit-down restaurant with reasonably priced food

2012: For the 40th anniversary, install world-class intamin hyper, giga, or strata coaster. This could be

2008: Continue adding trees, landscaping, etc.

Add fresh coats of paint on buildings, rides

Move TRTR to another area of the park and add S & S screamin' swing in it's place (wishful thinkin)

New restaurant above entrance to park

2009: B & M invert or hyper (preferably behind FoF/ Firehawk). Either that or install the world's largest

B & M stand-up, paint it yellow and green and call it the next "King Cobra"

Refurbish all theming and robots around train tracks (I used to love the robot blacksmith dude)

2010: New waterslide in BB (something along the lines of that bowl slide that Splashin' Safari is getting

this year)

Bring back Flying Eagles for the whole family

2011: Maybe another new flat ride or water ride like a water coaster

Add another sit-down restaurant with reasonably priced food

2012: For the 40th anniversary, install world-class intamin hyper, giga, or strata coaster. This could be

Here's what I would like to see:

2008:

-Refresh International Street to make it more "international". Bring back a French pastry shop, a German clock shop, etc. - anything else that would make International Street a little more international.

-Change setup of Festhaus to serve some of the best, authentic German food (hire a German chef). They can still serve LaRosa's Pizza, but German food needs to be served in the Festhaus. Restore the fountain outside Festhaus, so it is no longer just a giant planter. Add a new show inside the Festhaus complete with a German band, dancers and polkas, etc.

-Agressive landscaping, park beautification work

2009:

-Reopen the International Restaurant as a very classy (not TGI Fridays) sit-down restaurant. Restauarant should serve a variety of Internation foods.

-Add a new German-themed flat ride to Oktoberfest

-Some type of new coaster. Perhaps a new mid-size wooden coaster that has some nods to Coney Island's history.

2010:

-Retheme Tomb Raider so it has a more Rivertown-like theme. Remove ugly, giant rock facade from entrance

-Relocate Italian Job to somewhere else and retheme to ensure it fits to wherever it's relocated to

-Restore former Antique Cars and Italian Job site to restore landscaping and add some type of family-friendly ride (perhaps bring back Antique Cars)

2011:

-New enhancements to Nickelodeon Central

-Enhance Kings Island and Miami Valley Railroad to be more than just a form of transportation to Boomerang Bay

2012 (KI's 40th Anniversary):

-Remove Bubba Gump's Shrimp Shack. Add another new German-themed Oktoberfest flat ride

-New rides/slides for Boomerang Bay

-Major new coaster for Action Zone or Flight of Fear/Firehawk area of park

-Special fireworks for 40th anniversary

Since I started this topic, I would like to refine it a little. What would you like added and where to each section of the park. Example--Action Zone move Go-Carts and Sky Coaster and have Ferris Wheel and

Giant Swing. Coney Island--remove trampolines and laser tag building and have Wild Spinning Mouse.

These are just a couple examples of what I mean. I still think moving all pay-per-play attractions and adding a mini-golf to area between waterpark is a good idea. What are your thoughts??

In Oktoberfest Bring back show stage in Festhaus with German Folk dancers. Clean up fountain outside entrance and add an additional flat of some kind.

In Rivertown retheme TRTR to logging theme of logs being thrown down the mountain side. Add animation back to the train ride. Add shops like the Frontier trail at Cedar Point. You could even add a topple tower going along with the rivertown theme.

International Street bring back International flair in shops. Take shops back to the time when there were true craftsman with International offerings. Add Light effects to Tower. Redo International Restaurant to ADA standards and have a reasonably priced restaurant in there. Rename Paramount Threatre back to American Heritage Hall. Bring roving entertainment back to International Street. If ecah set of buidlings had a set theme such as French, Spanish, English or whatever have some type of entertainment based on that culture. A museum based on park history with a small scale model of the park with models of all the rides on it would be really cool.

Kids area is just fine for now with the exception that they need to reopen and have shows in outdoors theatre.

Waterpark needs another wavepool and another action lazy river that you would not have to get out of after only one time around.

Area between kids area and waterpark has picnic grove on lfet why not on right have all pay-per-play attractions and add mini-golf. This gives something extra that large groups could use also it could have an entrance so that people outside the park such as future hotels guest could use with out having to go in park.

Another area is the FOF and Firehawk area. This area is could be site of most ambitous new coaster country has ever seen. An area large enough for any type of steel all terrian super speed coaster. Also a great area to expand all the way to around end of Racers. Where current Sponge Bob 3D theatre is, remove it and add a Camp Snoopy.

Now there is an ambitous hopefully thought out view of what I think the park could do.

Westcoasterman; you obviously have put some thought to you plans and some pointers to back up you theories too. It’s nice to see new members contribute in such a positive way has you have. Welcome aboard glad you’re here!

Thanks it is nice to feel useful again. Had bad 2 year stretch battled cancer and won but, lost job in the fight. Trying to get life started again for my two boys, girlfreind and her son. I really enjoy Amusement/Themeparks. Like it so much I worked 5 five years for Disney.

Congratulations.

Ya know ya won the important fight.

And always remember, that it's gonna be friends and family that are with you in the end. The job is just a means to an ends. In the long run, there will always be another one. Ya only get one life.

This is just what I would do if I was in charge, but since I am not I am sure only a few of the things I list we will get to see come to true!

International Street

I would first open back up the restaurant above the gate with an international flare. Then I would expand the walkway down International Street with more of a café feel. I would also take out Scooby and connect that building with International Street and make a Soar (Disney) type ride where you enter and exit the ride on International Street. I have always felt that International Street needed a ride on it. I would also rename Paramount Theater to The International Theater. I would also add a lighting package to the Eiffel Tower. Paramount Gardens would be taken out and returned back to the Tower Gardens

Oktoberfest

I would return Oktoberfest back to its former glory; first I would put back the ice show and update the food to German food. Take out the Viking Fury and replace it with a German themed Screaming Swing, Also change the theme to Adventure Express to more of a German theme maybe racing around the black forest. Would also relocate the slingshot to another part of the park.

Action Zone

This area needs a lot of work I think this is where most of the updates would go if I were in charge. I would remove Timberwolf and put in a Hotel on property. Relocate Sling Shot to this area along with adding a Putt-Putt course so you would have more of a Challenge park area. Relocate Congo Falls to Rivertown. Flip Face off and Sling Shot. Add a new gate area to get into the park. Reconfigure the queue to Top Gun and continue the path around Top Gun and SOB and connect it with Area 51.

Area 51

Put in restaurant and restrooms along with a gate to enter from the new Kings Island Village and Camp Ground. Add a new flat ride with a space theme. Leave land and paths open for future expansion.

Coney Mall

This area is pretty good as is, add new flat rides to the end area of Coney Mall area, maybe a Topple Tower where Flight Commander used to be. Relocate Italian Job to where the FX Theater is now and return that area back to the former glory with the racing cars on the Coney Mall side and Antiques Cars on the rivertown side.

Rivertown

Place a B&M Inverted coaster over and around Swan Lake. Retheme Tomb Raider to a fit more of the Rivertown theme. Place Congo Falls in this area so you have all the water rides together and also retheme Wild Thornberry back to a logging company and add more shops to give it more of frontier town feel. Return the train back to a more enjoyable experience with the props returned.

Nickelodeon

I would retheme all of Nick to Camp Snoopy.

Boomerang Bay

I would keep the name the same, just add more slides and put in another wave pool with maybe a hotel on this side of the property as well. I would also put in more trees and shade.

Over all, I think every things needs a good paint job and cleaned up with more trees and flowers. I know this is a lot of stuff, but this is how I would make Kings Island even better.