A Five Year Plan You Decide

westcoasterman

2008- New Motion Ride in the THEATRE in Coney Mall Youre A great Pal Charlie Brown-adventures of snoopy

painting to coasters:

2009- New Hotel, on Grounds with early entrance time, A new Camp Ground

2010- Tiques and The Scooters(flying eagles Return)

2011- New Major Coaster near Firehawk

2012- 3 new flats, in Coney Mall, 2 New family water rafting rides in water works , 2nd wave pool:

2013- DOWNTOWN KINGS: A whole downtown area before the entrance to the park:

with restraunts memoribilia Kings Island Museum , and shops, lots of food:

open from noon-2am daily and a 24 hr dennys:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!!!

This is a very diverse and forward thinking group. Everyone seems to agree on three points. Those points are keep rides diversified, so that there is an appeal to all segments of the demographic groups and an upgrade in the level of food offerings needs to happen. We all, also seem to agree beautification of the park is very important as in painting, flowers and trees.

If we keep pushing and letting the ideas flow someone, may just hear us..

FORGIVE ME

Remove ANYTHING that has the Paramount logo on it. This would mean getting new parking row signs for the parking lot.

2008- Start International Street all over. ( defined ) Get rid of the nickelodeon store on International Street and replace it with a shop that is unique to the park. And One that fits the theme "International." Make the rest of the shops unique in other "International" ways.

Add more trash cans, and plant more flowers and trees.

I would create FASTPASS booths for all rides.

Add a ride that would attract people of ALL ages. Which means not necessarily a roller coaster. I don't know what. Maybe a ride similar to the Old Time Cars. But with a modern twist. Featuring electric cars, and miniature harmless versions of new Mustangs, P.T. Cruisers, or whatever.

2009- Repave the park, or rip up the pavement and add more brickwalk like what is on International Street throughout much of the park. Repaint any buildings that need it.

Add a nice dining restaurant featuring meals at a cheaper price. Not Subway, or Skyline or whatever else that I can find outside of the park. Just cook up some pizza, or chicken, or ribs, or hamburgers, or fish. I don't have all of the answers. Just something good. With a fun atmosphere, or just a highly decorative one like eating at SeaWorld. NO T.V.'S.....These are incredibly annoying. I go to the park to escape television. Not to watch it. Gee, where would I put such a restaurant. Let me think. OH YEA, I would use the INTERNATIONAL RESTAURANT. Granted it doesn't seat that many people, so aside from this I would remove the theming from WINGS DINER and place it there. And people would be able to have B-Day parties at this place! Or reserve seats in advance, such as online. The park could sell B-Day parties that could feature a couple of the Nick Toons as part of the purchase plan for example, as well as being able to ride without waiting in line. ( In kids area only )

I would repaint any rides that needed it during this year, and I would put up a skyride going from Coney Mall to Boomerang Bay.

2010- In celebration of the decades end, I would announce the return of WINTERFEST to Kings Island.

Also in celebration, Kings Island would be the recipient of the worlds Tallest, Fastest, Steel Coaster. But it would not be a launch coaster. This coaster would hit the speed record on the way down from it's elevated lift ( yea, big lift hill ) and it would slow down enough to be a top thriller like Millennium Force that lasted for at least 3 minutes.

2011- I would plant even more trees, and flowers, and build a new stage for shows. These shows would be both fun and educational. They would feature small birds, snakes, and other harmless animals that would be trained to put on a show, and the kids would be able to ask questions and pet them. Another benefit of having these animals would be an extension of the birthday package that I mentioned earlier. Some of these animals would be used as outreach for Birthday party entertainment at the restaurant, or elsewhere. On top of this, at this point ( providing previous success ) a box area would be added at the restaurant exclusively for the children's rented out Birthday parties at KI.

I would extend the budget on both FearFest and WINTERFEST.

2012- I would add a museum of Kings Islands History. It would be a small walk through building featuring information, newspaper clippings, pictures, actual items of the parks past.

I would build a medium sized roller coaster that goes about 55-60 m.p.h. and it would be a nice thriller. Something to take the lines down from the rest of the park. This ride might feature a couple of helixes, and it would have some tunnels. Nothing too extreme, but fun just the same.

THIS IS WHAT I WOULD DO

m.f.

It seems a lot of people would like a coaster like or bigger than Millenium Force. I agree it would be great but, I hope it would be like Milli not Top Thrill Dragster. A long people moving coaster seems like the better choice. It would be great with all the terrain that Kings Island could offer to explore. I also would like a coaster that is similar to Voyage. Who knows maybe someday we will be lucky enough to have both. There's always dreaming anyways.

Knowing what Kings Island has done in the past... they have followed a pattern to keep everyone coming back...

2000- Thrill

2001- Family

2002- Thrill

2003- Thrill/Family

2004- Family

2005- Family/Thrill

2006- Family

2007- Thrill

Kings Island has to keep everyone coming back.

Let's look at the rate of major coasters...

Vortex (1987) - Top Gun (1993)

Top Gun (1993) - Flight of Fear (1996)

Flight of Fear (1996) - Son of Beast (2000)

Son of Beast (2000) - Firehawk (2007)

Major coaster installments came in an average of 5 year increments. So the next major coaster installment for Kings Island will most likely come around 2011-2013.

2008- Start a rumorous hype to a new coaster. Also, regular park clean up.

2009- Keep the rumors flowing through secret messages through out the park.

2010- Built more suspicions.

2011- Regular Park clean up, and a giant rumor. A big area hidden behind The Vortex, a walkway to behind it, but a dead end.

2012- A 4th Dimension coaster be put in that spot, one of the biggest 4th Dimensions in the world, and fastest.

Knowing what Kings Island has done in the past... they have followed a pattern to keep everyone coming back...

2000- Thrill

2001- Family

2002- Thrill

2003- Thrill/Family

2004- Family

2005- Family/Thrill

2006- Family

2007- Thrill

Kings Island has to keep everyone coming back.

Let's look at the rate of major coasters...

Vortex (1987) - Top Gun (1993)

Top Gun (1993) - Flight of Fear (1996)

Flight of Fear (1996) - Son of Beast (2000)

Son of Beast (2000) - Firehawk (2007)

Major coaster installments came in an average of 5 year increments. So the next major coaster installment for Kings Island will most likely come around 2011-2013.

It's a brave new world. You'd be better to look at what CP and Knott's has done than what KI has done in the past.

Be prepared Cedar Fair is planning some great things for Kings Island and B&M are actively looking at a project. Source last summer told me LOOP was going to be taken down. He also said what other coaster was to be replaced but, I hope we can save it. Let's try and coax Cedar Fair not to remove any more rides just to put in a new one. This park could and should have a larger foot print. Have an open mind and who knows better things may just happen.

Be prepared Cedar Fair is planning some great things for Kings Island and B&M are actively looking at a project. Source last summer told me LOOP was going to be taken down. He also said what other coaster was to be replaced but, I hope we can save it. Let's try and coax Cedar Fair not to remove any more rides just to put in a new one. This park could and should have a larger foot print. Have an open mind and who knows better things may just happen.

What a bunch of malarkey. Last summer no one told you the loop was coming down, that was a decision made back in the fall AFTER the state came out with its final report.

Really? Why didnt you mention that before? "Total Rebuild" was never considered by the park or the state. The state reccomened the lighter trains and added steel bracing. The park went the extra step to remove the loop to accomadate certain trains. The park had no plan decided before that report. Your "source" is wrong, as are you.

Answer me this westcoaster....why would a B&M employee whos job it is to "go around and ride coaster and report on there quality" be at a park that doesnt feature any of his company's projects?

Your Either...

A ) Making a fool out of yourself trying to back track.

or

B ) The butt end of a joke played on you by an enthusiast who comes to the park every year sporting his B&M ball cap and polo shirt that can be purchased offline.

I think you have some phony balogna in your lunch or your either trying to feed it to us. Sorry, we already ate.

Because, he said they would and he goes to OHIO, INDIANA, PENNSYLVANIA, VIRGINIA and I think WEST VIRGINIA. Maybe more but those are places he talked about. We also talked about someone who lived in my hometown who he knew at Busch Gardens in Florida.

Oh Really? It all makes sense now! B&M is more than happy to pay his travel expenses to travel across midwestern america to just ride coasters, most of which arent products of his supposed company!

Westcoaster....your hole is starting to get too deep....put down the shovel.