Favorite piece of Kings Island memorabilia

kiclumsy

I don't currently own any KI memorbilia other than a ride photo or two, but when I was a kid, back in 1979, I remember having this four inch metal replica of the tower I bought as we walked out of the park at midnight. I loved that thing. It was always a reminder of the fun and time shared with family and people dressed up as Scooby Doo and Fred Flintstone. I'm not sure what ever happened to that model, but as a child I loved it, it was like I took a little piece of the park home and back then I didn't get to visit as often as I can now as an adult, so it made those memories that much more special.

I have my first ride on sob picture (with the loop) and from last year, I flatened a quarter with the sob logo on it (with the loop) in about twenty years, that will be really cool to look back and say, "that coaster used to have a loop on it, and I rode it...here's proof...and a quarter) lol

I keep all of my coaster stuff in a notebook (I call it my scrapbook but it really looks like crap...oh, I have so much to add from being in college, should have just brought it). In the book I have an on-ride of my first time on Beast in '02...gosh, I was so scared. And here I have a postcard of Vortex that I put near my desk, and whenever I need a quick lifter-upper I just look at my desk and think of the beginning of Vortex and SMILE...

I need a new T-shirt. The one I got four years ago doesn't fit anymore.

There is no way to post in this topic without sounding like a complete fan boy, I'll try not to sound like one. Mine would have to be my PKI employee work shirt.

You are such a fan boy!

Mine would be all the media passes I have been issued over the last few years. I also have a piece of The Vortex on my desk. No lie!

One of the weirder items I have is a 1989 "FOOD CREW" sweatshirt I found at a church rummage sale. Got it for $1! Woohoo! Here have a look:

ki_food.jpg

Sad, I know.

My favorite piece would have to be a picture of me and my dad when we rode Son of Beast...I was a lot younger..it was a few years ago..me and my dad used to always go to KI at the night time so it wouldnt be as crowded and right The Beast and Son of Beast all night long..It was pretty awesome cause we had season passes..Hopefully when I get a son I will be able to do the same thing with him :D

Also this isnt really a piece of memorabilia but one time me and my mom went to KI and I was in one of the Nickelodeon shows and it was pretty awesome :)

I have two miniature Eiffel Towers. They are my favorite memorabilia.

I got one of those for my mom! She's a KI nut like me and I got to go this year and she didn't, so I brought her back one. (This is also my first year at college, so she gets to remember me as well as the park when she looks at it.)

Other than maybe one picture in my house you will not find anything with a “logo†or a “place†name on it. But we do have a lot of favorite items bought from our travels throughout the years from most places we go. Such as decorations a real nice shirt but all having the same thing in common “no logos or a place name on itâ€Â. But many, many items in our house are not only a nice decoration but they also have a story behind it from a time when we went to.

So from Kings Island; our favorite bought item is a beautiful pink bird house that we had bought from the gift shop at King Cobras exit. When we have family/friends over the bird house is so original that we get asked about it often. It came with a wonderful day with my late father and I enjoy being able to display it without all the logos plastered all over it. Besides clothing and stuffed animals we have not added much Kings Island stuff to our collections for the last few years because the lack of selection and logos on everything .

Guest TombraiderTy

I have a red and white Kings Island director's chair, I have no clue of anything about it, cause the only tag on it is the "Made in Guatemala". My mom got it for me at a garage sale for $5, and the guy who was selling it also had (but no for sale) the original sign from on the front of The Racer.

Kings Island-Opoly would have to be my favorite but coming in, in a close second is my Flight of Fear pin i have when i went to Lexmark Family Day in 1996. It is one cool pin and it even says Outer Limits on it so that is another reason i like it as well.