Paramount Parks web sites have changed

The Kings Dominion park map was up scince yesterday if not earlier. The 3 new attractions also made it onto the map and the map has been changed a bit. Look for yourself. (link below)

http://www3.cedarfair.com/kingsdominion/vi...it_park_map.cfm (Download the High Resolution version of the park map. It shows more of the details Cedar Fair added and maybe will look simular to all the other former Paramount Parks park maps.)

A couple of observations based on the Kings Dominion map. The practice of smoking only in designated areas appears as if it will continue. Also, the park has not renamed their Paramount Theater or their Paramount Showplace. Like has been said before, the transition from things with Paramount in the name (excluding rides with Paramount tie ins) may take several seasons to be completed.

I'm sure the blue mountain and other remnants of the Paramount name which still exist will be off of all Cedar Fair websites before opening day in April.

It pleases me to see CF remove the Paramount name and re-brand the parks. I look forward to this season.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

As far as the Paramount is concerned, that name was tacked on to all of the former Taft/KECO park names in '92 or '93. The only thing Cedar Fair did was drop the Paramount from all the parks and now they are back to their original names. The Taft/KECO names were around 3-4 years longer than with the Paramount slapped on.

I noticed that the new Tornado attraction is on the "Old" side of the water park (north side of the Rebel Yell) and the other two new attractions (2nd wave pool and mammoth slide) are on the "New" side of the water park (south side of the Rebel Yell). So much for the theory floating around that all water park attractions would be relocated to the south of the Rebel Yell. Things are getting interesting for 2007. :o

Paramount put its name on all the parks except for Wonderland in 1993. It placed its name on Wonderland in 1994, after they acquired the remaining 80% stake from the two other developers of that park. What do you mean about the Taft/KECO names had been on the park for three or four more years? Taft owned Kings Island, until 1983 when several executives at the theme parks bought out Taft`s theme park division to form their own company, Kings Entertainment Company (KECO). KECO was later bought in 1987 by Carl Lindner. So Taft was in control of KI for ten years, KECO (under its original owners and Lindner) for nine, and under Paramount Parks (Paramount Pictures, Viacom and CBS) from July 1992 through May of 2006 (just under fourteen years).

Very true. But its not like that extra two months really made that much of a difference. 2006 was still a transitional year from the very bad things that CBS had introduced, to Cedar Fair correcting some of CBS`s mistakes.

Interestingly enough, back when Walt Disney was planning Disneyland, CBS balked at buying a show from Disney and helping finance the new park. So there lack of interest in the amusement park arena dates farther back than their recent dealings with unloading the Paramount Parks.

What I meant by my previous response, is that the park names Kings Dominion, Kings Island, Carowinds, etc. were branded as such longer (18-19 years) than with the Paramount name attached (14 years). Most of the public identifies with the non-Paramount names even while under the Paramount/Viacom/CBS ownership.

The general public did not see drastic changes to Kings Dominion as a whole during the Taft/KECO/Linder years. The park, during those ownership years, was stable and was well rounded as far as ride attractions and entertainment goes. And the themed areas and landscaping was kept up. I can't say as much during the years with the Paramount name attached.

What I meant by my previous response, is that the park names Kings Dominion, Kings Island, Carowinds, etc. were branded as such longer (18-19 years) than with the Paramount name attached (14 years). Most of the public identifies with the non-Paramount names even while under the Paramount/Viacom/CBS ownership.

The general public did not see drastic changes to Kings Dominion as a whole during the Taft/KECO/Linder years. The park, during those ownership years, was stable and was well rounded as far as ride attractions and entertainment goes. And the themed areas and landscaping was kept up. I can't say as much during the years with the Paramount name attached.

Ohhhhh! Ohhhhhh!

I can! I can!

Paramound did everything in it's power to destroy the absolute tranquility of Kings Dominion.

And this is still the "Official" Year of Liberation.

The Year that The Park Has Been freed of the Paramount Scourge!

Just like in 93 when Linder was gone, the gum came off the trees, and the park didnt look like it was going to close in the coming years.

They took all that gum off the trees and moved it to The Racer then?