Season Pass Decision

Ben

I can't decide on which season pass I want to buy. I live only an hour away from KI, and about three hours from CP. I have had both CP and KI passes in the past and I love both parks. I would like to buy a CF Maxx Pass so that I can go to both parks, but I'm unsure on how many times I'll visit CP. As for KI, I love the Gold Pass Parking, and all the other perks I get with it.

Any idea on which would be the better investment?

Well, if you buy a Maxx pass from Kings Island you will get all the benefits of the Gold season pass from Kings Island. It would be cheaper to buy a Maxx pass, than it would be to buy a general admission to Cedar Point for one day. So it would make sense that if you are going to visit Cedar Point once or twice, it would be wise to buy a Maxx Pass. Heck, I will be visiting Cedar Point a couple of times this summer, and I bought a Maxx pass. Plus, I got my Maxx pass from Kings Island for $105.

No, the Maxx Pass has, since its introduction to Kings Island in the fall, been offered at $125 to the general public. Never was it any cheaper in the fall. I bought my pass the weekend that Procter and Gamble rented out the park in September. Kings Island was offering a special that weekend exclusively for P&G workers and their families. $20 off of a Maxx Pass or a regular Kings Island season pass. Needless to say, that deal was too good to pass up! My dad bought his Kings Island only pass for $54.95!

Yes, you can get the gold pass perks on a Maxx pass. However, the perks are only good at the home park where you bought the pass. So if you bought the Maxx Pass at Kings Island, the perks would only be valid at Kings Island, and not at Carowinds, Kings Dominion or any other Cedar Fair park. But you would get free admission into those parks with your Maxx pass.

I find that buying a pass depends on the person getting it. Truly if you visit the park more than 2 times the pass pays for itself. If I made the choice and lived where you are... I would go for the 2007 Cedar Fair Maxx Pass- $120. The reason being is that if you visit each parks more than 2 times, like I said you made a great deal. I feel I don't need to pay for a Plus pass for admission to the water parks, I go for the rides and if I want to get wet I go on river rapids rides. Don’t get me wrong, water parks are great I just don't think it is worth the extra money for the plus pass.

This decision for you is what I would say is a...

"Deal, or no Deal" situation.

Actually Coasters, it must have been offered for cheeper than that because I remember being offered the MAXX pass for 105 and Maxx Plus for 125. We had gotten something in the mail explaining it.

Can anyone else confirm this? As long as I can remember, Maxx Passes bought at KI were $125 not counting the P&G Promos.

Yeah, that is what I seem to recall too Bill. Although Ronny said that he apparantely remembers seeing the Maxx Passes being offered for less at KI, I certainly never saw that. But then again, I got mine for $105, and after I had my pass, I didn`t pay that much attention to the price of the Maxx Pass.

Is boomerang bay included in the standard KI gold pass?

Boomerang Bay is included with all passes at Kings Island. There is a special season pass entry gate at the Bay for you to enter.

Mike

If you got to the water park season pass entrence an hor ahead you can ride get on about 3-4 water slides before the train comes. I'm kinda and expert to the waterpark and the Rivertown area.

i already purchased a ki pass. my company is now sending me to philly for 2 weeks a month.

will they allow me to upgrade an existing pass to a maxx pass ? i see that dorney is close to where i'll be staying.

If you can upgrade to a Dorney Park purchased Maxx pass (with Dorney as your home park), you get free season pass parking. I think you have to pay for season pass parking at Kings Island now (I did, but then again my home pass for my Maxx pass is Carowinds...)

I wanted to verify that if I purchased Maxx passes through KI, that they would be considered gold passes when used at KI. I tried to call customer relations and the lady was a bit fuzzy on the answer. I also went through the KI website, and sent an email but have not heard back from them yet. We are interested in purchasing several Maxx passes, but wanted to make sure they would afford us the same offerings as the KI season gold pass.

Will there be a notation or different color scheme on the Maxx passes currently being purchased at KI, to denote gold pass option? thank you.