Do You Collect Park Maps?

JAHill

I have the '04, '05, '06 regular season maps as well as the '03 and '06 Fearfest, and '05 Winterfest maps. (Thanks Topgun! :P )

I also purchased a 1993 park map and guide which I'm very proud of. I own the *first* and *last* Paramount's Kings Island maps. :D

...I can't wait to pick up my 2007 Cedar Fair-style Kings Island map! (Hopefully they offer a souvenir version as well!)

And why exactly do you need THAT many maps from each year?

I have all the general maps since 1998, the first year that I had a season pass to Kings Island. I also have the WinterFest map, and several of the FearFest maps (including the special maps they had for P&G day last year).

And why exactly do you need THAT many maps from each year?

I have all the general maps since 1998, the first year that I had a season pass to Kings Island. I also have the WinterFest map, and several of the FearFest maps (including the special maps they had for P&G day last year).

There are usualy 10 different maps per year(July4th-Aug. 1st) so I get around 10 maps x 10differents maps = 100 ,2006 maps. If that makes since

mvc012sor4.jpg

As seen here

• Like 1

I have the large, fold out maps for 1973 thru 1979. The first three years are in bad shape, because I was a kid when I started collecting them and treated them badly. Also, until 1976 the maps were printed on this glossy paper stock that in later years started to crumble at the fold lines. Now I don't even dare handle them. Starting in 1976, they changed their map stock (not to mention the illustration style), and that material has done much better over the years. If I can get my scanner back from my wife's best friend, I'll try to post pics of them sometime.

I don't have many maps from the 80's; I didn't visit the park between 1984 and 1991, when we visited on our honeymoon. From then on, I have sporadic years of the brochure with maps, and since 2000 I have every year. I wish they'd re-introduce the large, collectible quality souvenir maps; actually, I wish Cedar Fair would bring those to all their parks.

• Like 1

Well, I could maybe see one map of each of the ones they produced each year, but ten maps for each one produced? Seems a little excessive to me. Also, unless you were at the park for the corporate sell outs, I doubt you got all of the 2006 park maps, as I know they had special park maps for the P&G weekend.

Well, I could maybe see one map of each of the ones they produced each year, but ten maps for each one produced? Seems a little excessive to me. Also, unless you were at the park for the corporate sell outs, I doubt you got all of the 2006 park maps, as I know they had special park maps for the P&G weekend.

Don't doubt me :P

baseballraticebrian435mp5.jpg

• Like 1