More FireHawk Construction!

After a quick swing down Coney Mall we were able to capture more exclusive photos of Kings Island's New for 2007 Attraction Firehawk!

Currently, the retaining wall continues to grow and concrete is being poured into the molds. Footings are begging to take shape as well. Vertical construction starts in about a week and a half!!

Click here to see the photos!

Regards,

Ryan

PKICentral.com - Oh my gosh! I locked my car in the garage!!

I believe that the "step" will cause the station track to be more or less level with the Flight of Fear midway. essentially, the high portion of the Firehawk site was by the FoF queue with the site dropping off towards the north side of the site, where they had to fill in some of the site with the dirt they removed from the "cut." Hence they used cut and fill to reduce the amount of soil that they had to truck in. I can`t wait to see vertical construction! Yes, the weather lately has been rather bad, but they still can move forward.

Another great update!

Wow i am amazed that they can actually make progress in that bad weather. Does anyone know how far along they are on the track painting scene of the ride?

No idea how far in the painting process, but I am surprised with their progress too. Cedar Point had to start clear back in March for Maverick. Sure "Firehawk" has been put together before, but still should take a lot of work.

But I honestly have no idea as to which order things will happen. Will it be painted first or will Firehawk be assembled first.

You should hopefully have an idea...your question was just answered a couple posts up.

They're going to be painting it once it is assembled. They're professionals...I think they'll be able to handle it. ;)

It makes sense to paint it after the ride is assembled. There will be scratches in the paint between moving it from the parking lot, to its final position on the site. If they paint it once its in place, they can cover up these scratches. Granted, when they relocated Stealth, they did paint it before they reassembled it. But with Ohio`s cold weather, it is still too cold to paint the ride right now, unless they were to put up a tent and bring in heaters. They did that when they were repainting some of the NU attractions.

One of the benefits I would think of painting it when it is assembled is that you shouldnt have to "turn pieces over"! If you think about it, once all of the track is assembled it will be off the ground, and you can get every nook and cranny.

Also, when you paint a house you dont take it apart. But, to equate Firehawk to a model you paint all the pieces then put the model together, but you have to wait for one side of each piece to dry before painting the other side, if the model isnt complex than you just put it together and paint what you have to!

CoastersRZ is right, the track and supports always get nicks and scratches during assembly. I believe that after a new coaster is installed they typically go back and do touch up painting to cover the scratches and such. It would be counter productive to paint the track a new color before assembling it and then going back again and doing touch ups.

Yep. That is why Face Off, before it was repainted, became full of pink polka dots. The touch up paint they used faded quicker than the factory applied paint. Also, back in the early `80`s, Arrow would build their rides before painting them. The Bat was built as raw steel and then painted once it was built.