Another 2007 Attraction?

beastfan11

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be all for flying eagles again as well, it would be fun to ride them and look off that platform and see above all the patrons in coney mall.

However...and I have no sources, I had heard in late October that under Paramount, Kings Island would be getting a Jump Squared (Jump 2). Once again this is not any insider info, I have no exact idea of what could be going on, I simply heard some chatter about this being Paramount's addition this year. I guess we will see April 21st!

If this was Paramounts plan I wonder if CF would follow through in addition to X-flight, im not so sure that they would!

The park probably has its hands full already with the modifications of SoB and the addition of a coaster. Two major things is enough change for 2007. I agree...enough has been said about the Eurobungee and the laser tag facility. Something needs to change there. Maybe something different in the next couple years?

I think that maybe you just have too much time on your hands.

But, Cedar Fair did say before that they were going to honor the previous owners ( P who must not be named ) plans for the 2007 season. Didn't they? So it would not completely surprise me. But, who knows......Cedar Fair KNOWS!

But, Cedar Fair did say before that they were going to honor the previous owners ( P who must not be named ) plans for the 2007 season. Didn't they? So it would not completely surprise me. But, who knows......Cedar Fair KNOWS!

No, Cedar Fair NEVER said that. During a conference call, Mr. Kinzel said they would honor the SAME LEVEL of investment at each Paramount Park that Paramount (CBS) had planned. Never once has it been said by anyone at Cedar Fair, to my knowledge, they would follow CBS's plans.

Lets see Firehawk, SOB new track, and all new SOB train cars. Also I think some of the money will goto flowers and to clean the park up. I don't see any more money for another ride in 2007. I hope Cedar Fair does put a new flat in the area by the old lasser tag area for 2008.

I wasn`t at No Coaster Con, but weren`t the reports saying that Maureen said the park had decided to get new trains, but had yet to select a manufacturer? Or was I just imagining that?

Under Paramount, the additions for this year would have been far less impressive than they are now. In fact, there likely would have been no new rides (there would have been a "new" attraction though). Also, the Flight of Fear rides at both Kings Island and Dominion would have been gone after 2007 (KD`s after last season) and would reappear at sister parks. Needless to say those attractions fell by the wayside when Cedar Fair completed the purchase of the Paramount Parks from CBS.

I was just wondering what paramount had planned.

I can tell you what they had planned: new shows and perhaps some new 'eats'. That's it. Don't listen to the rumors that we were going to get a Jump2, or Giga Coaster, or whatever. In fact, the plan I mentioned above WAS the plan until VERY late last summer.

Yea I figured it would amount to something like that but I heard rumors of a swinging inverter ship.

I think I know where you heard that from. The removal of Viking Fury and the addition of an inverted swinging ship was never the plan, regardless of what some people choose to post on other sites.

Yea I figured it would amount to something like that but I heard rumors of a swinging inverter ship.

I think I know where you heard that from. The removal of Viking Fury and the addition of an inverted swinging ship was never the plan, regardless of what some people choose to post on other sites.

I am not entirely sure, but I once heard that a swinging inverter ship would never happen in the state of ohio because of law. I once heard that a ride such as the viking fury could not go all the way around in the state of ohio. Anyone know the truth? I would have never believed that rumor because of what I have been told is law.

No, Cedar Fair NEVER said that. During a conference call, Mr. Kinzel said they would honor the SAME LEVEL of investment at each Paramount Park that Paramount (CBS) had planned. Never once has it been said by anyone at Cedar Fair, to my knowledge, they would follow CBS's plans.

^ You know, that has to be the greatest misconception to come out as part of the acquisition. To no fault of Marlfox...I've read that comment on more forum messages and more sites than I can count. No wonder it seems so "real" to everyone...

But, the actual comment made by Kinzel was to help comfort the analysts that CF wasn't going to have to dump tons of capital into the former Paramount Parks in addition to the purchase price. It was along the lines of "we're not stuck with any big capital committments like we were with Ghost Rider at KBF..." CBS had made only modest capital committments for the parks for 2007 (because the plan all along was to see them), and CF could easily go forward with that modest level of cap ex.

I am not entirely sure, but I once heard that a swinging inverter ship would never happen in the state of ohio because of law. I once heard that a ride such as the viking fury could not go all the way around in the state of ohio. Anyone know the truth? I would have never believed that rumor because of what I have been told is law.

I heard about that law but I am not sure why they wouldn't allow it. Maybe the law is referring to the travel kind and not stationary ones.

As I've mentioned before, the inverter ship was to have gone on Swan Lake in Rivertown.

That went by the wayside after acquisition by Paramount.

Whatever reason it was for, it was not as a result of law. (But of course laws have been changed and added in the past.)

• 2 months later...
I dont care about your figures, if they are right or wrong, because the Eurobungee does receive low ridership and isnt worth the space it occupies. Once again MuteDarkness you make anotehr worthless addition. Thank you

The area of Coney Mall running from Eurobungee to the old Lazer Tag building is dead. Something needs to be done and a new flat or atleast a relocated flat would be great.

Bring back the Flying Eagles.