WCPO Kings Island webcam changed?

tycoonrebel7188

I was looking at the KI webcam on wcpo.com and the pic is not of KI but some random body of water.

Here's a screen shot i took around 9:00 this morning.

http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w135/ty...t=PKIwebcam.jpg

I thought maybe at first this was a webcam of the river behind KI, but after some searching on Google Earth, I found no area that resembled that of the webcam.

Don't y'all know that the Little Miami has over flowed its banks and reached Kings Island? I have a good source that said that a guy named Noah has been hired to build a new attraction, a brand new boat ride...The web cam is proof in the pudding. Details at 11. :wacko:

Mike

Don't y'all know that the Little Miami has over flowed its banks and reached Kings Island? I have a good source that said that a guy named Noah has been hired to build a new attraction, a brand new boat ride...The web cam is proof in the pudding. Details at 11. :wacko:

Mike

I think I've heard of that guy! Didn't he build a similar attraction in Kennywood?

I like Action Theater myself, but I think it needs some upgrades done to it. It would be cool if they added water sprays or bubbles coming down from the ceiling. I think that would be cool, at least for the SB Side.

Wow. So you've seen Spongebob at Great Adventure? It's in focus there, too. Very sharp focus.

The Interpreter, who after his first ride on GAd's version was all wet.

There it is! Nice job. I'm looking at a rain-soaked, night shot, and I notice the tower is lit up. I notice it's been lit up a lot this off season. Unusual. Anyway, good job.

Not exactly unusual anymore. They've been lighting it up since CF took over. I'm guessing (and this is pure speculation) that it will come to the point where the tower changes colors, not unlike MF since they do have that lighting package on it.

In a way, it kind of makes sense to have the tower illuminated in the off season. It gives the park a presence at night along I-71, as opposed to the park appearing as a vast expanse of blackness. After all, the Eiffel Tower is a signature landmark of Kings Island.

I also feel that leaving the lights on through the off season was a kind gesture to do for GWL during it's grand opening. It adds to the guests experience when pulling up to the hotel or when looking out the window of the water park and seeing the tower all lit up. It also reminds those guests about KI, so maybe they start planning their summer visits to GWL to include KI too.

...and yet another smart marketing move by Cedar Fair/Kings Island. That electricity can't cost more than a single billboard display on a busy commercial expressway, and certainly generates more good will, top-of-mindedness and recall than any billboard.

Saving that small amount of electricity each month during the off-season was yet another bonehead move by Paramount Parks and/or its then marketers at Kings Island.

Well, seeing as how that is approximately next to The Vortex station, I`d say that they are likely getting ready to put The Vortex trains back on the track. Keep in mind that the park has a month and a half to get all the trains back on the tracks, have the rides tested and then inspected by the state before guests can step on board.