New Name, New Look, New Attitude, Same Great Place!

After months of planning, it's finally here. The new PKICentral.com V4, err, wait, the new Kings Island Central! A total overhaul of the site from the ground up!

As Kings Island Central grows, we need to keep up with the demand. We simply outgrew our old Pentium 4 server, and have moved to a new 2.8 Xeon Quad-core semi-dedicated server. That this means to you is a faster site that has virtually no limits at all!

And since revamping the site, changing servers, changing names, and updating the forums isn't enough, Steveo3631 has been so kind as to share with us some very rare photos of the construction and promotion of the longest wooden roller coaster in the world, The Beast! Click here to see the photos.

We also are gifted with an awesome little piece of video called "The 20th Anniversary of Kings Island" from Jay Grub. This 45 minute video features everything at Kings Island in the 1992 season IN VIDEO! It is located in the history video gallery. Oh, and while your there, check out the on ride video of King Cobra! And some updates in the "Little Known Facts"

If you venture into the photo galleries, you may notice that you are allowed to comment on the photos again! All you need to do is log into the forums first. And if you still feel like commenting on things, you may now comment on nearly every page!

Dane

Kings Island Central - It just keeps growing, and growing.

Woah! Big change...and I **LOVE** it! Fantastic work, guys. I'm glad to be a part of this new era in Kings Island and KIC history!

Side note...KIC is one of the tabs that opens each time I start Firefox. Needless to say, it was a bit of a shock when I first saw the site. I was confused for a second. :D

I really wish you guys could remove theh ads.

The site's got to make money somehow. It takes money to keep a site going...especially when they have to upgrade servers. If the ads weren't necessary they wouldn't be there...but they are necessary, and thus, they are there. ;)

I`d like to personally say that the history section now has an expanded listing of shows that were held at the park in the `80`s and early `90`s. The new site looks great, and as Dane said, has been in development for quite some time now. Dane put a lot of hard work into programming this update.

What I don't get is why you claim to "overhaul" the site and not update the simplest of information? Also why is Dane allowed to abuse the TOS almost everytime he posts? I see there's a spell check, I suggest he starts to use it. I wish there was a grammar check on this board. That would solve a lot of problems. I'm not trying to nit-pick here, but if you're running a professional website like KI Central, then at least act professional. It's not that hard.

-THE Insider has spoken...

With only four posts in the three years you've been registered, you really don't have a lot of pull here on the site to be nit-picking others. You say you're not trying to nit-pick but that's just what you've done.

These guys work very, very hard to make this site run and bring everyone the content that we have. There is NO reason for you to come in here and post something that is not constructive in any way. Show some respect.

What I don't get is why you claim to "overhaul" the site and not update the simplest of information? Also why is Dane allowed to abuse the TOS almost everytime he posts? I see there's a spell check, I suggest he starts to use it. I wish there was a grammar check on this board. That would solve a lot of problems. I'm not trying to nit-pick here, but if you're running a professional website like KI Central, then at least act professional. It's not that hard.

-THE Insider has spoken...

Over haul is the correct term. What Dane did to this site has been amazing. He has completely re-vamped the lay out and added quite a bit of content. If you understood anything about web design you would know how much work he put into this update. As far as grammar, eveyrone makes a few spelling mistakes and grammar mistakes here and there, and the moderating team is never too harsh with it unless it really becomes a serious problem for the users to read, then they handle it appropriately. Soon the whole site will be brought up to speed as far as little misses in information that needs to be corrected, as far as moderating goes, Dane and Boddah (The admins) have apointed the appropriate persons and they can handle making sure the T.O.S. are enfroced. Have a great day! I'm very glad to see everyone on here is enjoying the new re-vamped KIC! :D