"Fool" Article on Nick Redesign on Park at MoA

Yep. He certainly had Viacom (actually CBS since they were the owners of the park at the beginning of 2006) pegged right in making a huge mistake in selling the park. They would rather get an easy nickel then a hard earned quarter. It will be interesting to see how many of the licensing agreements that Cedar Fair maintains. I think that they will maintain the Nickelodeon license, they would be naive to drop that brand.

It should be remembered that virtually NO ONE from the old Paramount Parks works for Viacom. And it would not surprise me one little bit to see Viacom enter the park business. When they were dumb was when they agreed to let the parks go to CBS. It was obvious at that point that neither CBS nor Viacom was serious about the park business.

Perhaps that has now changed. I guess we will soon find out.

It would also be interesting to know what, if any, protection Cedar Fair has against Viacom going into competition with the old Paramount Parks.

Part of this, too, may be The Park At Mall of America's way of getting back at Cedar Fair, who used to manage that park as Camp Snoopy.