Beast's Lake

RWildman424

Having a lake under The Beast's queue was a mistake from the beginning. People were constantly throwing trash and dumping drinks in there. Some people even chose to relieve themselves in the lake. It because a mosquito haven and was eventually drained.

Reason 1 - Removing the lake was a heath issue since the water was pretty much at a stand still and as far as I know there were no fountains or pumps to keep moving the water and was pretty much a heath issue as Ryan said.

Reason 2 - I DO NOT KNOW THIS FOR A FACT but it is what I have heard. Maintance on a roller coaster over a lake specailly the station would be a nightmare for the maintance crew.

Reason 1 - Removing the lake was a heath issue since the water was pretty much at a stand still and as far as I know there were no fountains or pumps to keep moving the water and was pretty much a heath issue as Ryan said.

Reason 2 - I DO NOT KNOW THIS FOR A FACT but it is what I have heard. Maintance on a roller coaster over a lake specailly the station would be a nightmare for the maintance crew.

What about the thing that is near the queue thet pumps water into a traugh thing, Or was that just for show?

You cant forget about the guys that fell in the lake and died that could have very well been a reason as well. I bet that if they brought back the lake today then it would be better than it was back in the 70's and 80's because of the new technology and it is easier to get pumps to go in there.

I've been told that originally the water traugh theming in The Beast queue did in fact run while the water was there.

Shawnee Landing, now thats a ride they should bring back, lol.

Yes, it did.

Quite nice, actually.

And those Coke machines in the queue once were real people dispensing popcorn, Coke and the like....well, the machines themselves were not people, but you get my drift...

I've been told that originally the water traugh theming in The Beast queue did in fact run while the water was there.

Shawnee Landing, now thats a ride they should bring back, lol.

Yes, it did.

Quite nice, actually.

And those Coke machines in the queue once were real people dispensing popcorn, Coke and the like....well, the machines themselves were not people, but you get my drift...

Yup that's Beast Drinks. It was originally just part of Rivertown Karts that had it's office in the train station. It later became a chain of it's own. - Then Paramount made it vending machines.

• 7 months later...
Beast_Press_1.jpg

The original plans had a lake.

did they change the lay out of The Beast? because for one the helix is backwards and two you don't go over a bunny hop hill after you come out of the first tunnel until after you turn to the left where the lay out pictured you going over the bunny hop as soon as you come out of the first tunnel. :huh:

and to top it all off when The Beast first openned it didn't have a tunnel over the helix

Beast_Press_1.jpg

The original plans had a lake.

did they change the lay out of The Beast? because for one the helix is backwards and two you don't go over a bunny hop hill after you come out of the first tunnel until after you turn to the left where the lay out pictured you going over the bunny hop as soon as you come out of the first tunnel. :huh:

and to top it all off when The Beast first openned it didn't have a tunnel over the helix

o.k. i am starting to second guess myself was The Beast suppost to have openned with the tunnel on the helix or not?