Even More Firehawk Construction!

Kings Island Central is proud to bring you more construction photos of King's Island new attraction, Firehawk! As you can see, the concrete wall we showed you last week is finished, as well as some new station foundation work. Actual ride construction is scheduled to begin next week.

Also included in this update are a few photos of some of your other Kings Island attractions including The Racer, the Monster, and the Zephyr undergoing some winter maintenance and reconstruction.

Click here to visit this photo update.

On a side note, Son of Beasts loop will be replaced with a simple "swoosh" because of the offset the loop created. Coca-Cola will still be the official soft drink provider in 2007, and five new shows will be added to the 2007 roster.

Dane

Kings Island Central - The site formally known as PKICentral

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the "swoosh" track piece is more based on the fishtail portion of the Italian Job coaster minus the actual fishtail drag effect from the cars, and the banking is a bit more angled, I believe.

But I'm just guessing here. :unsure:

Also, I think the old Nick Slime Bowl will finally be getting back their stadium seats and maybe some Slime Time show like Carowinds got when they redid their Nick area two years ago. Again, I'm just guessing.

Nice updates guys. Those are some really good pics. This website is always on top of things. Go KICentral!!! If SOB"s trains get modified to Gerhaulster trains that would be pretty amazing to ride considering they have no front on the cars and the lap bar system is very different than that of the old cars.

Nice updates guys. Those are some really good pics. This website is always on top of things. Go KICentral!!! If SOB"s trains get modified to Gerhaulster trains that would be pretty amazing to ride considering they have no front on the cars and the lap bar system is very different than that of the old cars.

Yes but with no loop, are they really a need to be stapled into your seat? I just hope they will run okay on SOB.

As for the nick theater. I wouldn't look for it to return to it's former glory. They will be adding a stage and some seating (not stadium) for a small show. It will still be nothing like it was, but at least it is an added and long missing kid's show.

I love the fact that Coke is going to be the soft drink provider for the season!! Sometimes I feel like I am the only one who loves it!! :D

There was a 7 year contract signed between Paramount Parks and Coke last year so I expect to see Coke at Kings Island until 2012.

...what, if anything, that contract says about what happens if there is a transfer of ownership has not been released. And companies usually prefer to do business with a company that WANTS to do business with them. There are a number of ways out of an existing contract.

What happens after 2007 remains to be seen.

THANK you Interpreter. There have been so many times I see people so sure it's going to be Coke for the next seven years simply because of that contract. Remember, that deal was signed between Paramount Parks and Coke. Like Interp said, we don't know the details of that contract.

As for the nick theater. I wouldn't look for it to return to it's former glory. They will be adding a stage and some seating (not stadium) for a small show. It will still be nothing like it was, but at least it is an added and long missing kid's show.

You are correct, as Maureen said it will still be a meet and greet but with a "slight performance/show aspect to it".

While it means nothing as far as the future of Coke at Kings Island, Maureen did mention that Coke is sprucing up the Coca-Cola Cool Zone for this season. Just an interesting tidbit to throw into the arena on whether or not Coke will stay after this season. I for one am glad that Coke is staying for at least one more year!

So what are opinions on Gerstlauer trains? I've never really heard much either way about them

Most enthusiasts tend to dislike the G-trains. The main problem is with the u-shaped lap bar that's uncomfortable and not very accomadating. The only G-trains I've been on were on the Villian and I found that to be a terrible ride, although I think track maintenance is more of the problem than the trains.

The trains I just mentioned are the old ones, but as stated earlier SOB will most likely get the newer version of the trains which doesn't have the u-bar and supposedly tracks better. I don't know anyone who's ridden the new trains because I think the only coaster that uses them is in Europe. With that said, I've read that the new g-trains seem to be decent and I have hope that they'll work well. I figure anything will be better than the premier trains.