Even More Firehawk Construction!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure hope that isn't the color because that is just well...ugly. A wood coaster looks good brown but to paint a steel coaster that color would just be dumb. I am also assuming it is primer I don't think cf is that bad with colorcoding

I know it isn't the track on Disaster Transport, but the qeue line is pretty bad, or at lest when I was there in '05

And, is anybody on PKIC named Brandon Rucker? I got an email and that was the name, so I wasn't sure to open it or not.

I sure hope that isn't the color because that is just well...ugly. A wood coaster looks good brown but to paint a steel coaster that color would just be dumb. I am also assuming it is primer I don't think cf is that bad with colorcoding

I thought it was going to be a brick red :blink:

I was driving down I-71 from Ohio State yesterday and saw two flat-bed trucks hauling two large pieces of green track. They looked to be pieces of the station, but I could be mistaken.

I can back you up on that one on my way to the lodge on Monday I passed by it and it appeared in the back of the lot closest to GLW there was a crain and two flatbeds. On these flatbeds appeared to be pieces of track and under them supports which I can only imagine is the station.

Not the station. The Station isnt coming to KI. Do you mean the Station Track? I would have thought those pieces would have arrived a while back. There isnt much left as of 3/3 of X-Flight I would say the most of the track is already at KI.

all you guys are saying you dont really like the green ... maybe im crazy .. i kinda like it lol .. its bright and catches the eye quick .. lol that would just be a funny thing to have u could see it from a mile away lol i wouldnt care :P

I forgot that it wasn't opining on opining day. I will say then it don't look like it will be up and running in 57 working days either.

Why do you believe that, if they already have most of the footings in place, and they are starting to take back the track? I think that they are on schedule and with Italian Job, they ran into some technical difficulties with all of the effects. I think that Firehawk will open up Memorial Day weekend.

I read that it would take 70 days to install when they put it in at GL and it was painted when they got it. They are just starting and have to install, paint and test in 57 days. They will not be working each day because there will be bad weather some of them days.

I don't know what they are working. They could be working 4 days a week and not have that many days.

A couple of things. First, as others have said, that paint is likely the primer coat. It is also a tinted primer (as opposed to the off white color they used when they repainted Vortex). The reason they tinted it, is so that they likely won`t have to spray two coats of the finish paint. Otherwise, some of the green existing paint might have bled through. Additionally, I believe Maureen said at Winter Soar that they had crews working on Firehawk seven days a week.

If they have crews working on Firehawk seven days a week they must be out to lunch when they took the photos.

http://www.KICentral.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=183

When did they take the photos was it Friday or Saturday?

i wish i knew that answer.. but in any case it seems they are becoming red or maybe thats just another undercoat who knows

They would have to put some kind of primer on it first, that can't be the final color, and if it is, I don't like it.

exactly right they have to put primer on it but i dont really know of a red primer but who knows maybe,, that would be a weird mix once the paint somewhat comes of by the wheels red green and the actuall color lol