Even More Firehawk Construction!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. They've been laying on concrete, anything can happen

2. They've surely been dinged at times by the forklifts

3. More than likely some paint has chipped off since the ride was last painted

And Finally, the crew was using what looks like Bondo in some of the pictures, So I believe Bondo or a relative to it was used to smooth out areas on the supports and track where plenty of wear has occured.

Awesome, anyone have any idea what part of the ride that is. Also looks like they are getting the final pieces of supports and track in, for the lift, since that was the last part to be removed from GL. Looks like KI is going to give us daily updates on Firehawk. Way to go KI.

Like I said earlier, I think these supports are for the track coming out of the loop and just before the lie-to-fly section above the lift hill.

The section between numbers 4 and 5 in this link. http://www.geaugaguide.com/album/albums/us.../L-X-Flight.jpg

EDIT: after looking at the pic you posted below BEASTmaster, I think you're right, so disregard the opinion above. <_<:P

I agree with THE_BEASTmaster, it looks like the beginning of the horseshoe turn which would make sence if the lift is going towards sob. I thoght the same thing as PKIDelirium, but if you look at some of the pics on rcdb.com, the track is off to the side enough for the trains to pass with out hitting anything.

Like it has been said before, a lot of time is spent on preparing the infrastructure and foundations. Once those are in place, that actual erection of the steel will go rather quickly. I`d imagine, that most of the ride will be assembled by opening day, with only electrical work, painting and testing to be done over the one month or so between opening day and Memorial day weekend.

well you cant technically say it was their fault in building the Son of Beast

the coaster they built is what they were told to build. they dont really get a say in what coaster they build and dont build they just build the thing, if the Son of Beast gets a few minor fixed the coaster will be fine