K.I. 20th Anniv. Special

marlfox_21

I want to thank Jay Groh for placing the Kings Island 20th Anniversary Special on this website.

Over the years, I have had this preserved, but ONLY from the halfway point. Just before the episode shows The Vortex. Until now, I had never witnessed the entire episode. Even though I have the 2nd half memorized over and over again. Here is question. Seriously!!!!!

Is there any possibility that I could have a copy sent to me, in either V.H.S. or in D.V.D. format.

What I really truly want from the video are the scenes of Wild Animal Habitat and The Seal Show. You see, I am currently employed at Disney's Animal Kingdom. And this was no easy task, earning an Associates Degree in Science in Zoo Animal Technology, and a Bachelors in ZooBiology. I am going for my Master's Soon. I have a diving certification, and I have a certification for handling Venomous Reptiles. I am currently attending hours of hands on in my spare time to achieve a certification in animal training. ( so I can train others how to train )

WHY DO I MENTION ALL OF THIS....?

Well, I love what I do for starters. I would not trade my job with animals for any other job in the world. And I developed my love, and DESIRE to work with animals by watching Kings Islands Seal/Dolphin shows as a child. SERIOUSLY, NO LIE! I have always wanted to work with animals, as far back as I can remember as a result of seeing these shows. This is why it would mean so very much to me to have this part of the video.

This is the show that helped to make me into the animal enthusiast that I am today. And I want to share it with Disney's Animal Kingdom in hopes of maybe making something like it here.

This show was just SOOOOooooooo UNIQUE. Even when compared with SeaWorld. I always tell people that, but nobody really believes me. This video, is my proof.

CAN I ORDER IT? I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO PAY FOR IT?

THANKS

M.F.

Have you checked with KI's marketing department? They might be able to assist you with obtaining a copy...

The point in your post about being certified to handle venomous reptiles absolutely fascinates me! (Probably due to my near phobia-like fear of snakes :) ) Just out of curiousity, how do they teach someone to do that safely? (I assume you practice a lot first with non-venomous reptiles before working up to the more dangeous ones?) What's the most dangerous reptile you've ever handled?

Sorry for the probing questions...but like I said--that really fascinates me! :D

In t he quick and brief pictures in the 20th Anniversary Special, you can see a crane in the background of a rusty red looking incomplete Eiffel Tower. You can also see the full crane and the same unpainted tower in the background of the video of The Racer being built.

I just watched it this morning. These images are shown when referring to the closing of Coney Island and the New Kings Island being built in Kings Mills.

I usually try to be just another Kings Island Fan. Meaning I don't want to get too involved and send people articles directly. But I can see someone wanting to see this image. Granted it is a fast video and you really have to pause it to get to see everything.

But, if anyone is interested in seeing the Kings Island 20th Anniversary Special starring Jason Priestly, send me a message, and I will post the movie online, or send it to you exclusively.

I don't honestly expect that many people have kept this episode for this many years. I got lucky enough to stumble across my recording several months ago, right after joining this site. Since then, I have preserved it onto a d.v.d. along with a video of my last trip to the original WinterFest.

m.f.

I was wondering if your copy is any clearer than the one posted.

In t he quick and brief pictures in the 20th Anniversary Special, you can see a crane in the background of a rusty red looking incomplete Eiffel Tower. You can also see the full crane and the same unpainted tower in the background of the video of The Racer being built.

I just watched it this morning. These images are shown when referring to the closing of Coney Island and the New Kings Island being built in Kings Mills.

I usually try to be just another Kings Island Fan. Meaning I don't want to get too involved and send people articles directly. But I can see someone wanting to see this image. Granted it is a fast video and you really have to pause it to get to see everything.

But, if anyone is interested in seeing the Kings Island 20th Anniversary Special starring Jason Priestly, send me a message, and I will post the movie online, or send it to you exclusively.

I don't honestly expect that many people have kept this episode for this many years. I got lucky enough to stumble across my recording several months ago, right after joining this site. Since then, I have preserved it onto a d.v.d. along with a video of my last trip to the original WinterFest.

m.f.

I was wondering if your copy is any clearer than the one posted.

It is a lot clearer. It is Perfect. Only I don't have the 1st half.

Have you checked with KI's marketing department? They might be able to assist you with obtaining a copy...

The point in your post about being certified to handle venomous reptiles absolutely fascinates me! (Probably due to my near phobia-like fear of snakes :) ) Just out of curiousity, how do they teach someone to do that safely? (I assume you practice a lot first with non-venomous reptiles before working up to the more dangeous ones?) What's the most dangerous reptile you've ever handled?

Sorry for the probing questions...but like I said--that really fascinates me! :D

Actually, you might be surprised. When I 1st started working with Venomous Snakes ( in a professional facility and not catching them in the wild ) I started immediately with an Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake. ( Crotalus Adamanteus ) And they gave me a 6 Foot Snake Hook, in which you remove the animal from it's high enclosure, and place it into a barrel ( plastic trash can ) And 10-12lbs. at the end of a 6 ft. hook is pretty heavy. Then you check for babies, since this animal was from the wild and can holds a potential of giving live birth for up to 12 YEARS!

You feed the animal a humanely youthenized rat, and perform what is called a "Protective Slide" which is safely sliding the barrel lid back on without placing your fingers around the edges. Then you slap on some bungee cords, and a label indicating the species of the snake and a venomous sign. You also place signs outside of the building and you have to call the Management office of whatever facility you are in before and after handling venomous. On top of all of this you have to be able to prove that you have No Phobia, can identify species, including scientific name, and definition of that name. And you must put in 1,000 volunteer training hours in no less than One year and achieve letters of Reccommendation from your trainer(s). As well as passing a USFW examination, State, and National Examinations.

To answer your ?, I have handled Gila Monsters ( Hydrodynastes Gigas ), Florida CottonMouths

( Agkistrodon piscivorous conanti ) Diamondbacks ( Crotalus Adamanteus ), False Water Cobras

( Hydrodynastes Gigas ) CopperHeads ( Agkistron Contortrix ) and Green Mamba ( Dendroaspis Polylepis ). Which as far as stealth and toxicity is by far the most dangerous that I have ever handled.

m.f.

I have already contacted him trying to get it on DVD. He said he simply lost it in his house somewhere and will contact me if he finds it.

Not sure if the marketing dept would have this video still.

What about the network that it was aired on?

• 6 months later...

This is Jay Groh. I thought I would tell you all that I have found the DVD I made of the TV special. :D

I just upgraded my PC and I found it when I was going through all my old driver CDs. How it got in that big mess I have no clue. I apparently made two copies both identical.

I took some screen shots of the video and I will post them below. The quality is about as good as a 15 year old tape recorded on a 1980s VCR. In todays terms that means it still looks like crap but much better than the video I have on my site and this one. The content is the exact same as the one I posted for internet use.

Here is what I can do at the moment. I can 1. upload an ISO of the DVD to a binary news group and have it available to everyone to download at full speed in about a day. or 2. seed a torrent of the DVD ISO which might take about a week for some seeds to appear. I don't want to make copies and ship them as I don't want to spend my time making copies and dealing with money for postage.

Its up to you all on what you think is best.

I left these pictures in the original 320x240 bmp format so you can see the quality of the DVD without the jpg compression getting in the way.

http://jaygroh.dreamhost.com/1.bmp

http://jaygroh.dreamhost.com/2.bmp

http://jaygroh.dreamhost.com/3.bmp

OK I just decided to make it a torrent. It is an ISO of the DVD I made. It has the same content at the web version but better quality.

I will seed at least 5 copies or I will seed for about a month which ever comes first or what ever I feel like. So after I seed a few copies it will be up to everyone else to make sure to have a share ratio of at least 1:1. Link to the torrent is below.

http://jaygroh.dreamhost.com/kiadvd.iso.torrent

I know about 10 of you have this now but it looks like two or three more still want to download it. Could a few of you hop on for a few hours and help out?

Also for the one who have it now are you happy with the quality given that it was from an old VHS recording? I know we all want a %100 good copy but this was the best I could do.