Smurf pics and Scrappy's Slide 1987

PKIVortex

Oh my, how those pictures brought tears to my eye! Family trips to KI were the best parts of my childhood! That five hour drive from Detroit to Mason with my grandparents, riding the "Smurf Boats" as we called them...I loved the Smurfs, but was always terrified the ride was going to brake down and I'd be stuck in there with Gargamel staring at me! That history section is basically my childhood preserved online!

Thanks guys, I'm glad I could help.

im just excitied you have some of those they bring back so many good memories that massive slide was so much fun lol i remember when one kid got hurt on it when i was there and i think they took it out the next year lol if my memory is right :rolleyes:

Ha! Some of us remember the glory days when Coney Island was THE Cincinnati area amusement park! :)

I would have loved to ride the Shooting Star. The Minebuster at CW is no match.

And that's putting it mildly. Given my expectations, The Mighty Canadian Minebuster was among the two or three biggest disappointments of my coaster riding life. It most certainly isn't nearly anything like the Shooting Star was.

I wonder where the Shooting Star traines ended up. They were new in 1961 and taken out of service in 1971. KI claims all the trains for Racer were brand new. I can't imagine Shooting Star trains with ten years service being scrapped.

good question... im interested to hear an thought to be or an answer! :rolleyes: