New Info On New Sob Trains!

mbpavilionfan

Well I Emailed The Company That Owned The Myrtle Beach Pavilion and i asked who bought the hurricane roller coaster trains well they emailed me back saying that Cedar Fair bought the wooden coaster trains and they were shipped to Kings Island well i dont know what coaster there going to be used on well i just thought i would post this info.well first off i posted this info to let ya know if u read all of my post you will see that i did not just say sob i said they could and second i said they could be used on another coaster but all i know is that they were sold to Cedar Fair and shipped to Kings Island they could be shipped some place esle i dont know but thats all i know.

here is the email

----- Original Message -----

To: BRANDON RUCKER

Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 4:51 PM

Subject: RE: Question

Kings Island.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 4:50 PM

To: Dowling, Pat

Subject: Re: Question

thanks pat is there any chance u know what park they were sent to.

Thanks A lot Pat

Brandon

Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 4:47 PM

Cedar Fair did buy them.

Thanks,

Pat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 4:44 PM

Hey Pat thanks for responding to my emails but is there anyway u can check to make sure if Cedar Fair bought them im just wondering because I wanna know were there going because I loved the hurricane well thanks pat.

Thanks

Brandon

Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 9:01 AM

I believe they were sold to Cedar Fair and may be located at Paramount's Kings Island park in Ohio.

Here's the Cedar Fair group's website:

http://www.cedarfair.com

Thanks,

Pat Dowling

Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2007 7:54 PM

is there by anychance u could tell me who bought the hurricane trains I would like to know thanks

thanks

Brandon

It was already been said this past weekend, that Kings Island will be getting Gerstlauer trains for SOB. Unless that is also false information. I guess we will find out.

*EDIT Well it seems that coaster did use Gerstlauer trains, so I guess anything is possible.

The problem with any type of used ride or train is how long will they last?

And there is a big jump from just having corporate look at them (and they will look at the outside) and maintenance looking "under the hood" as it were.

Not to mention the fact that any of the G trains would more than likely have to be heavily modified to conform to Son of Beast`s unusually large track gauge. Either that or they would have to retrack the ENTIRE ride with the standard track gauge, and Maureen hinted that they are not going to retrack the entire ride.

That wouldn't be the greatest if the Myrtle Beach rumor was true. Those trains were mildly uncomfortable at best on the Hurricane. I shudder to think what they would be like on SOB. I suppose the problem is compatiblilty. If the track gauge is indeed bigger than normal, than trains like the Millennium Flyers (the ones they should have), won't work unless modified. I think it would be worth the money to get those babies on the track...they are so comfortable. Ridership would multiply if it happened.

While I would definently love to see Millenium Flyer trains on SOB as well (hey pkipunk, hows the GCI internship going? ;) ) the real question to ask is not how much money CF is willing to front for the trains, but whos willing to put their product on that thing? Granted, I love PKI, I like the ride, and want to see it become sucessfull along with the rest of the park, but SOB had a really bad stigma to it that was just re-inforced by last summers accident. I know the park is doing all they can and I darn well kow PKI maintenace is top notch, but the ride does have a bad rep. It would not surprise me if the ride opens up very late in the season (or not at all, and then re-opens up in 08) with new trains, plenty of modifications, and possibly a new name.

Stevo, you asked about how gerstauler trains compare to PTC's. I've ridden Gerstauler trains on two coasters, The Villain and The Raging Wolf Bobs both at Geauga Lake Park. The trains arent that bad, but the only padding is the seat. The lap bars are just steel and bag on your knees, RWB wasn't too bad and was quite fun. However, the villain is horribly maintained and an awful ride over all, the lack of padding on the trains doesnt help it, those trains on that bad of track felt like they were digging into your kidneys and pulverizing your lungs (zoso can atest to that). I thing Gerstauler trains will be ok as long SOB has some other problems worked out.

Let's assume CF DID buy the trains from Myrtle Beach. (I'm NOT assuming that, but for the sake of discussion, let's do...). That does not mean:

( a ) they will actually be used as trains as opposed to for parts,

( b ) that if they are used as trains, that it will be at Kings Island,

( c ) that even if it is at Kings Island, that it will be on Son of Beast.

Someone is jumping to a LOT of conclusions here. A lot of someones, actually.

The MB trains being the SOB replacement trains is a very, very small possibility.

For those who do not know, the MB Hurricane had trains virtually identical to those on what is now called Twisted Twins at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom in Louisville, Kentucky.

I rode the Hurricane numerous times in the years that is was open, and I don't honestly see how those small trains will conform to the size of the SOB, the trains didn't seem all that sturdy to me, and believe me last year that rollercoaster rattled your head and body about as hard as what the SOB does. In the bottom of the dips it literally felt like the cars were going to rattle apart, had gotten very rough, I do love the roughness of the woodies but as the body ages, no matter how much you love them, only so much you can withstand.

Im Not Saying The Trains Are Going To Be Used On Sob But They were sold to Cedar Fair and shipped to Kings Island im not joking about this at all i dont know if there going to be used on sob but all i know is they were sold to Cedar Fair and shipped to Kings Island.

I highly doubt that they will go on at least The Beast. Those trains are perfectly fine, and I honestly don't see how they could edit the trains to make a better ride... it's as smooth as glass, especially for it's age. However... The Racer is another story. But I still doubt that they will change the trains on it.

So, with that being said, they could go on The Son of Beast. But I hope not. That would kill. But the spare parts may be a great reason. I'm sure KI probably bought them for an extremely cheap price. On Gerstauler website, there is nothing said about a project for KI. However, they do have a lot of other projects posted there.

ok to slove this all i sent another email to b&c and here is the reply k

and she said Cedar Fair did buy them and they were sent to kings island just read the email k

Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 4:51 PM

Kings Island.

Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 4:50 PM

thanks pat is there any chance u know what park they were sent to.

Thanks A lot Pat

Brandon

Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 4:47 PM

Cedar Fair did buy them.

Thanks,

Pat

Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 4:44 PM

Hey Pat thanks for responding to my emails but is there anyway u can check to make sure if Cedar Fair bought them im just wondering because I wanna know were there going because I loved the hurricane well thanks pat.

Thanks

Brandon

Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 9:01 AM

I believe they were sold to Cedar Fair and may be located at Paramount's Kings Island park in Ohio.

Here's the Cedar Fair group's website:

http://www.cedarfair.com

Thanks,

Pat Dowling

Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2007 7:54 PM

is there by anychance u could tell me who bought the hurricane trains I would like to know thanks

thanks

Brandon

I highly doubt that they will go on at least The Beast. Those trains are perfectly fine, and I honestly don't see how they could edit the trains to make a better ride... it's as smooth as glass, especially for it's age

Did you really just say that The Beast is smooth as glass? It has its moments, but it is regarded as great ride that is unforgiving to some who ride it!