New Info On New Sob Trains!

mbpavilionfan

I don't know much about coaster trains, but I do know that if they put the same trains on sob as they've got on Thunderhead in Dollywood, it will be an intense and much smoother ride. They are just so open and padded. Also, if these other trains you all are talking about are anything like the ones on twisted twins at KK, the ride will probably be terrible, in my opinion. Twisted twins is a slow ride as someone else said, and I was shaken so hard on some parts I haven't ridden it since. Even some of the slowest parts hurt really bad. That may have to do with the track, but sob isn't really known for its smoothness either.

Well, I did the same thing that "mbpavillionfan" did, and got this answer.

Yes.

Pat Dowling

Burroughs & Chapin Company

-----Original Message-----

From: flatboyalbert@adelphia.net [mailto:flatboyalbert@adelphia.net]

Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 11:18 PM

To: Dowling, Pat

Subject: MB Pavillion question

Who bought the trains from the Hurrican at Myrtle Beach Pavillion? Is

it true that Cedar Fair purchased the trains for use at Kings Island?

Jake B.

Confidentiality Notice

This Message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to

which it is addressed. This communication may contain information that

is proprietary, priviledged, confidential or otherwise Legally exempt

from disclosure. If you are not the named addressee, you are not

authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or

any part of it. If you have received this message in error, please

notify the sender immediately by phone (843-448-5123) or reply to this

e-mail and delete all copies of this message. Thank You

That's exactly what the message said, and sorry for the order, but that is the way I copied and pasted it.

I highly doubt that they will go on at least The Beast. Those trains are perfectly fine, and I honestly don't see how they could edit the trains to make a better ride... it's as smooth as glass, especially for it's age

Did you really just say that The Beast is smooth as glass? It has its moments, but it is regarded as great ride that is unforgiving to some who ride it!

You have to admit for a nearly 30 year old wooden coaster, it is extremely smooth. Just look at The Racer, or some of them at CP. Or the Villain at GL, or Ragin Wolf Bobs before it was totally retracked. You will understand what I mean then.

And TOPGUN1993 has an extremely good point. How about The Beastie. There are only two trains on that.

Won't work. It has track built for flanged wheels on PTC Junior trains.

Wait. Let me get this right, PTC Junior trains don't have underside running wheels? Are they like a side friction coaster? (I've been dreaming up my backyard coaster.)

this is a very interesting topic to me. I havent posted in a while and im sorry i just get busy until the season starts to come back and i get excitied for Kings Island again. I had heard a while back they were thinking about closing it for the 07 season and not opening it till the 08 but if this story is true and they did buy those trains adn they are at Kings Island then who knows maybe they will use them. I'm already really excitied about what Cedar Fair has done to the park when it just picked it up i really wasent expecting a whole lot just minor changes and a small ride so who knows they have suprised me with a new coaster why not suprise us with fixing the sob! :P

Just an idea... what if KI were refurbishing the trains for use on the Raging Wolf Bobs at Geauga? RWB has been using one old train and one of the Villian's for a few years now. Maybe with the Villian's retracking the missing train could be heading back? Just an idea...

Just an idea... what if KI were refurbishing the trains for use on the Raging Wolf Bobs at Geauga? RWB has been using one old train and one of the Villian's for a few years now. Maybe with the Villian's retracking the missing train could be heading back? Just an idea...

I doubt it. Villian hardly ever uses both trains as it is(Not even during the high times back in 2001).

Won't work. It has track built for flanged wheels on PTC Junior trains.

Wait. Let me get this right, PTC Junior trains don't have underside running wheels? Are they like a side friction coaster? (I've been dreaming up my backyard coaster.)

They have underside wheels but not side wheels. A flange on the main wheel like a railroad wheel takes the place of the side wheel.