New Info On New Sob Trains!

mbpavilionfan

Notice how Maureen did NOT mention that the trains are definitely for SOB. She said the RUMOR on the street is that they are G trains. Then she went though and mentioned the process which is going on.

But still, as much as I love Maureen, she doesnt tend to be as bad as Jeff was with twisting words. Now there was the master, and Maureen is the.............mistress?

They have been working on SoB since the middle or end of last season. By the looks of the flyover photos they the are committed to getting the ride open but not in 07.

I don't know what the problem is but there was a time where complete rides could be built in the off season and be open on opening day.

It's not the fact that they hadn't been working on it long enough, it's the fact they didn't know what they are doing. I assure you that it would not be an easy task to redesign that portion of the ride, they have to have the right angle, speed, etc. going into that helix for the ride to not tear itself apart. Not only that, but they are building another large rollercoaster at the same time. Keep that in mind.

Hi! I'm knew to these message boards. But I want to stay on subject. I have heard that they are in fact using the Hurricane's trains to use on the Son of The Beast. I think that is a little crazy don't you think. :blink:

Did someone tell you that, or did you read it at another message board? I just want to read up on this a little more.

I read it off of a Wikipedia Article. If you type in Myrtle Beach Pavilion at the bottom they have a trivia section that says it. :D

Editing (by KNOWN professionals) is a good thing. If you want to consider all information equally, you may as well go down and ask the town drunk. Or the Dippin' Dots guy.

Besides, the park PR rep has spoken, in a very careful way. And that has/had been covered here, IN THIS VERY THREAD.

New posters really should, IMHO, at least read the THREAD they are posting in before posting. I'm funny that way.

We should have a poll on which source you trust more between:

-the Dippin Dots/Lemon Chill guy

-the Town Drunk guy

-the Wikipedia guy

-the Screamscape guy (not in this particular thread, but should be noted as a contender)

Oh, and KICentral doesn't count 'cause, then, it would just be too obvious...

During a Beast Birthday party (25th I believe it was), there were tours of the park for party attendees. It was stated then, by Jeff, that they knew that the trains for SOB were too heavy. But supposedly they needed them for the seat configuration because of the loop. We were even shown where the trains were causing washboarding of the track at the bottom of the main helix. What I found interesting was a rumor that the design house (Stengel) said that regular trains would be fine. KI decided to go against it with the Premier trains.

I have mixed feelings about SOB. I've tried comparing the ride on SOB with Beast and thinking about the trains. There is SO MUCH more flex in the trains on Beast with virtually none with the old trains on SOB. I can't believe that houses like PTC or GCI would not, or were not, willing to build trains to accomodate the gauge on SOB. I would love to have seen, or see, PTC trains on there. GCI would be good too. I've never had the experience of a MF train.

I have experienced Gerstlauer trains. Something is just not totally right with the trains. Can't put my finger on it. The Legend at Holiday World was originally operated with a G train which was replaced 2 yrs later with PTC trains. I really hope that PTC makes the new trains for SOB.

• 2 weeks later...
Any word on SOB? I know its not going to be open at the start of the season, but with Firehawk coming long you think we hear something.

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../704190348/1005

That article confirms that wheelbase modifications are being made to new trains...(it probably means to say that gage modifications are being made...as the gage of the coaster is not being changed, the gage of the trains must be if they are fit the non-standard width of SOB!)

The Paramount Story is now going to be an awesome area for getting away from the loud noises of the park. Since Paramount kinda messed up the quiet peaceful area with IJST. Im really looking forward to it having one again! =^)

If delerium and tomb raider have the same restraints, why did delerium's height restriction go down and tomb raiders did not. And Delerium has always had a maximum height and tomb raider has not. I have also noticed before that the seat belts on delerium are longer than the ones on tomb raider. Shouldnt bigger people be able to ride on delerium then? Maybe it has to do with your feet dangling.