Will Kings Island bring back a Campground?

AdventureExpresser

I was once told that a lot of the heavily forest land that Kings Island owns is protected as in they cannot cut down all the trees to build upon.

thats very intersting i did not know that but i do remember hearing something about Kings Island having over 700 acres of land if my memory is right

You either like to camp or you don't. We like the expirience at KI, did it since 1988 till the end of the CG. Tried the other CG's in the area, they suck, hence we have not returned to KI, nor will we until a new CG is built. We only have about 60 people in our group, so we are now small bananas to them, but before, our group was first on the list for resevations in the spring, since we needed up to 4 cabins and 5-7 campsites, for up to 10 days. We even got ert for awhile, until the wicked witch of guest relations decided we didn't qualify anymore. Having a few drinks at the park, a free ride to and from the park, watching everyone else caught in traffic while we eat, party at night, priceless..... Maureen, get off your butt and tell the brass that we are waiting for the CG to return..

• 15 years later...
On 3/8/2007 at 10:56 PM, AdventureExpresser said:

I know this topic might not be of importance to many people, but it has angered me ever since the closing of the campground. I understand that the Great Wolf Lodge was a great new addition to enhance the experience at the park, but why destroy the campground especially in an area that statistically has a very high number of campers. Cedar Point keeps improving their camping facilities because more people in this day and age are buying RV's. Even Kings Dominion and Carowinds kept their campgrounds and are very good ones at that. One of the reasons I bought an RV was so I could spend many, many days right next to Kings Island, and I know I wasn't the only upset Kings Island fan over this, I have many friends and family members who own campers that would take their whole families there for extended days of fun, and they could let their children ride their bikes to the park, while they relaxed in the shade in the campground. Now the closest campground is 8 miles away and that is too far to drop kids off at the park and go back to the campground. I guess the most irritating thing about it all is why after paying over 65,000 dollars for an RV why would I want to leave it in the driveway and go and fork out another 200 a night to stay in a hotel. I can understand it is all about making money, but remember to be successful you need to accomodate all types of people and we campers are a large population of the many who visit the park day in and day out.

I think I can understand where you're coming from. The pictures of Camp Cedar....they look like nice housing for a vacation stay. Nothing wrong with that, but that's not a campground. It's a much different experience than pitching a tent, sitting around a fire, making s'mores, sitting outside.... Perhaps you might enjoy camping at East Fork Lake for a day or two, & then making your way to KI the next day?

5 hours ago, MeredithGrey said:

I think I can understand where you're coming from. The pictures of Camp Cedar....they look like nice housing for a vacation stay. Nothing wrong with that, but that's not a campground. It's a much different experience than pitching a tent, sitting around a fire, making s'mores, sitting outside.... Perhaps you might enjoy camping at East Fork Lake for a day or two, & then making your way to KI the next day?

I have to agree with you, If it's a place that you can't put a tent, is it really a campground? My wife and I do a lot of tent camping, so Camp Cedar is out of the question for us.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I have to agree with you, If it's a place that you can't put a tent, is it really a campground? My wife and I do a lot of tent camping, so Camp Cedar is out of the question for us.

“I just bought a 2-bedroom house, but I think I get to decide how many bedrooms there are, don't you? 

"F you, real estate lady! This bedroom has an oven in it! This bedroom's got a lot of people sitting around watching TV. This bedroom's over in that guy's house! ‘Sir, you have one of my bedrooms, are you aware? Don't decorate it!’”
- Mitch Hedburg 
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

... Yes?  Tents are not an inherent part of camping, that's only one way about it.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/camping

camp noun (1), often attributive

\ ˈkamp  \

Definition of camp

(Entry 1 of 5)

1a: a place usually away from urban areas where tents or simple buildings (such as cabins) are erected for shelter or for temporary residence (as for laborers, prisoners, or vacationers)

// migrant labor camp

b: a group of tents, cabins, or huts

// fishing camps along the river

c: a settlement newly sprung up in a lumbering or mining region

d: a place usually in the country for recreation or instruction often during the summer

// goes to camp every July

also : a program offering access to recreational or educational facilities for a limited period of time

// computer camp

// a resort offering boating and hiking camps

e: a preseason training session for athletes

// the star pitcher injured in camp this spring

camp verb (1)
camped; camping; camps
Definition of camp (Entry 2 of 5)
intransitive verb

1: to make camp or occupy a camp
2: to live temporarily in a camp or outdoors —often used with out
3: to take up one's quarters : LODGE
4: to take up one's position : settle down —often used with out
// camp out in the library for the afternoon

13 hours ago, Shawn Meyer said:

I brought back the dreams thread, but nobody responded to it. I guess nobody has dreams of the park anymore.

Reading a lot of the posts, it seems people are probably having nightmares about the park based on their experiences in the park (not sure if LOL or sad emoji is correct, probably both).

But regarding this original thread about a campground.  Given the issues they have had at the high price Camp Cedar, I don't know why they would want to take on an economical campground...

• Like 1