Music on International Street?

Mikewhy

I really am curious what they plan to do with the music that is played on International Street. I know Maureen was asked this question during the ACE Winter SOAR and she did not know yet. I hope once someone finds out, they will post it here somewhere.

I think the music played here is really important for creating a mood when you enter the park. I love the entrance to Kings Island, and think that International Street is the best theme park entrance I have ever seen. I assume that eventually, if not right away, they will remove the Paramount movie music and replace it with something else. It is my sincere hope that is remains instrumental and something that adds to the overall atmosphere. I know I would be rather sad if I entered the park and heard top 40 music or something like that on I-street. (I personally would like something 'International' to be played!)

Just wondering what everyone thought!

I think the music played here is really important for creating a mood when you enter the park. I love the entrance to Kings Island, and think that International Street is the best theme park entrance I have ever seen.

Never been to a Disney park have you.

Also I agree that International Street does have a certatin feel to it due to the music played. Almost a nostalgia to when we saw the movies whos themes are being played. I will as well be curious to see what is done with this.

This is directed to some of our more seasoned Kings Island fans who remember Taft and KECO. What kind of music was played on I street or any area for that matter, if any, before Paramount played Hollywood Music?

Actually I have been to Disney World many times and while I love the entrance to the Magic Kingdom, I love the entrance at KI just as much. The main reason is the fact that KI was the only park I went to as a kid, and so I get a warm, fuzzy feeling everytime I see International Street. Plus I love the fountains!

As for the music they used to play, I remember it being instrumental music from the various European countries represented by International Street. At least I think that is what I remember!

While I agree that the Hollywood music will be ending soon, I would doubt that you will see that change by the park opening. In fact, I would guess that we will see a lot of the same old Paramount things (Paramount Story, Paramount Theater, Etc.) as the de-branding will continue into the future.

I think the music played here is really important for creating a mood when you enter the park. I love the entrance to Kings Island, and think that International Street is the best theme park entrance I have ever seen.

Also I agree that International Street does have a certatin feel to it due to the music played. Almost a nostalgia to when we saw the movies whos themes are being played. I will as well be curious to see what is done with this.

This is directed to some of our more seasoned Kings Island fans who remember Taft and KECO. What kind of music was played on I street or any area for that matter, if any, before Paramount played Hollywood Music?

I'm sorry? Have you been to Disney? What exactly makes it's main gate more special than Kings Island, Kings Dominion, Canada's Wonderland or Carrowinds?

I have got to say I see exactly NOTHING special about Walt Disney World's The Magic Kingdom's entry. I am more impressed by Adventureland's entrance in Iowa, which is modelled after the Disney one! :) Go figure.

That being said, arriving by boat is nice...but I still miss cars in the parking lot being readily accessible. Imagine evacuating that place in case of a real emergency.

You guys are probably going to kill me, but i think Disney is overrated. Dontget me wrong, disney is awesome, I just dont get why everybody thinks it's the greatest thing ever?

I agree...I think that its way too expensive to spend the day walking around and waiting in 2 and 1/2 hour lines to ride the three or four different thrill rides.

I liked the different music that was played in the park. International Street had French style accordian music with a European flair. I listen to all the music while working at the park that I knew the order of all the music that was played. When the Smurfs were feartured in HB, I knew all the lines that was sung from the Smurf's TV show in that area. I am waiting on the music that is chosen when the season opens in April.

Mike

I remember a specific trip in 1978, when music was coming out of older-style, conical speakers mounted under the 50-foot platform of the tower. I specifically remember the songs "Sir Duke" by Stevie Wonder ("...they can feel it all over...); and "Jive Talkin'" by the Bee Gees (and those songs always remind me of Kings Island) coming out of them. You had to be closer to the International Restaurant to hear the more classical-sounding music. As I remember, it had a lot of banjo and accordion pieces that set the mood for the day.

I'm sure if Kings Island done some sweet talking with Dolly they could play some Dolly Parton music from rocks everywhere. Just kiddding

What works at Dollywood doesn't neccesarily work anywhere else

Speaking of does anyone know if Silver Dollar City plays Dolly music?

BTW only 29 days til MYSTERY MINE opens up. Which IMHO I feel will be the best and most creative ride of 2007.

I'm sorry? Have you been to Disney? What exactly makes it's main gate more special than Kings Island, Kings Dominion, Canada's Wonderland or Carrowinds?

Yes I have, in fact I'm going again this coming week for 5 days. Personally I think that the entrance to the Magic Kingdom is incredible. The old time town feel with the castle at the end is amazing. Not to mention how pristine condition all th shops, buildings and pathways are kept up. I love KI as much as the next guy, probably more, but a lot of the international street shops and paths could use a bit of an update. Especially the upper levels of the shops.

I will say one thing that Magic Kingdom has that Kings Island does not is the "Streetmosphere." The people going up and down the area in character, the trolly that goes back and forth, the street performers, the barber shop quartets. Please I love Kings Island, but usually one of the first thoughts when you walk in is "No I dont want my picture taken."

BTW they have played Dolly Parton in rivertown.

When I'm entering the park, I really pay no attention to what's going on. I'll be making a game plan to ride the most coasters that I can, usually Beastie or Beast first.

When I walk into a Disney park, I'm usually swept up in the euphoria of magicalness. (Yes, I do think WDW is greatest thing since sliced bread, and that is how I feel about KI as well.) Looking at the scenery, gardens, and whatever else is there to be seen. The rides are the second thought in my head.

You guys are probably going to kill me, but i think Disney is overrated. Dontget me wrong, disney is awesome, I just dont get why everybody thinks it's the greatest thing ever?

I agree...I think that its way too expensive to spend the day walking around and waiting in 2 and 1/2 hour lines to ride the three or four different thrill rides.

Disney World isn't all about having the tallest and fastest rides out there. It's about guest experience. The rides have superb theming, the shows are great, the scenery is unbelievable, and so is the food. It's the same thing with Universal. They offer unique experiences.

But back on topic, I think Kings Island has one of the coolest entrances out there. The fountains with the tower at the end and the shops on each side (now only if the shops were worthwhile and weren't the same thing in each one). I hope they keep the music the way it is with the instrumental music. It's relaxing and adds to the overall feel of Intenational Street.

Actually some of my fondest memories of visiting the park in the 80s was the music when I was young. The classical music really added to the experience and it resonated with me to a point that I've developed a fondnest to it since it reminds me of my visits as a child. I can't believe that I remember this but a particular favorite of mine was the "Sabre Dance".

PS We should also petition to bring back the clown band =o)

Guest TombraiderTy

I love entering International Street and hearing all the music, but they really need to do a better job in all the areas.

A side note on International Street is that there is a fake door on the side of Emporium. Nothing to do with music, but I thought it was cool.

<p>Sabre Dance. I didn't realize that was the name of the song, but I always remember hearing it throughout the park. <br>

</p><p>

It's one of those things that if you played the song for me, I'd instantly think of Kings Island trips when I was a kid. It played constantly..over and over, and I don't even remember them playing any other song.

</p>

<p>

For those of you who are curious <a href="http://www.musicabona.com/catalog/SU3107-2.html">This is Sabre Dance</a>

</p>