Should Kings Island get a record breaking coaster?

Dalefan

Well they have spent all the money this year allotted to SoB ;). And remember that isnt even Cedar Fair's largest expense, If I can remember right, they just spent 1.24 BILLION dollars that wasnt really theres to buy the PP's. So although they have money alotted each year for park upgrades and rides, I dont see that figure going to far over the 84 Million dollars CF had earmarked for capital improvements this year. I would just like to see something like Maverick, that would be good to me, it doesnt need to break records.

And again, you all know by now...I want a Splash Mountain or something like it, haha!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, what I would really like to see is a big flume ride. Congo falls styled flume (not exactly sure the correct term for that kind of flume, and yes I know congo falls is already that style but its a pretty simpel ride they could upgrade :P ) like the Jurassic Park one in Florda at Universal. That ride is so much fun and has so much to it, it has an amazing theme to it that I thought was one of the coolest themed rides ive been on. ;)

Pictures for those who dont know what im talking about :

jurassic_park__the_ride2621.jpg

2.jpg

That ride is fun but I really don't think that is what Kings Island needs. I just don't think it would look right.

Really I think they need something more along the lines of Spiderman.

lol well I didnt really mean the jurassic park themed in itself I just meant a flume that is that in depthed in theme!

and to Cory yeah well I do what I can, however I've never been on Splash Mountain so im going to go with the Jurassic Park ride for now ;)

I personally think they should eventually add a world-record breaking roller coater. It would add more excitement and attract more fans to Kings Island. I don't think it will hurt nearby parks but simply give them a little friendly competion. Besides Cedar Fair owns a few record breaking rollercoasters one more at their newest accquired park could help. Do I think it will happen if so not any time soon. It would certainly be nice though. B)

i think we will see it happen very soon.

Xflight i think was an inexpensive and easy addition for the year...

and i think making KI a jewel in the cedarfair empire will only help both parks.

there closeness and ability to attract people accross the country and world to come and visit both parks should be a strong marketing goal for them.

plus, unlike the restricted pennisuala of Cedar Point, king's island as an abondunent amout of land unused and a topography that is truely an asset.

i honestly believe amazing things are in order for the future of Kings Island.

Kings Island needs to make a roller coaster that like Flight of Fear, starts in one place and ends in another. For instance. It could start in RiverTown and end in Boomerang Bay.

I also feel that Kings Island could make good use of a Hyper-Diving-Flying Coaster.

Over 200ft. Diving like SheiKra. Flying like Firehawk. And going through tunnels, and splashing through water, with a splash zone trailing from the coasters rear train. Granted that this would not be a record breaker for speed or height. But oh buddy. What a rush that would be.

m.f.21

Nemov22, Firehawk is by no means an "inexpensive" ride for Kings Island to get. The entire capital budget for the park this season is $10 million, although not all of that is earmarked for Firehawk (I`ve heard about $7.5 million is for the relocation of Firehawk).

Also, I think it is safe to assume that Steel Venom will find its way into another Cedar Fair park next year. But I don`t believe that will affect any of the former Paramount Parks.

And why would they build a ride where you start in one place and end in another place? Granted, both Flight of Fear and IJ have separate load and unload platforms, but that is just to improve capacity of the rides.

Well they have spent all the money this year allotted to SoB ;). And remember that isnt even Cedar Fair's largest expense, If I can remember right, they just spent 1.24 BILLION dollars that wasnt really theres to buy the PP's. So although they have money alotted each year for park upgrades and rides, I dont see that figure going to far over the 84 Million dollars CF had earmarked for capital improvements this year. I would just like to see something like Maverick, that would be good to me, it doesnt need to break records.

And again, you all know by now...I want a Splash Mountain or something like it, haha!

....How about a Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls-style ride? Maybe we should retheme the Wild Thornberrys ride to resemble Ripsaw Falls. I'd call it NickToons Falls or something like that. Since RF has a Mount Rushmore-thingy with the characters from Dudley Do-Right, NF would have a Mount Rushmore dedicated to the characters of the NickToons (SpongeBob, Tommy, Cosmo, and Wanda). Only here the setup of the ride would be similar to Splash Mountain. You know, where it's just a general romp through the world of NickToons. And it would have the quirky theme song from the Nick Celebration Parade. It doesn't really have a name, but you know what I'm talking about.

Kings Island needs to make a roller coaster that like Flight of Fear, starts in one place and ends in another. For instance. It could start in RiverTown and end in Boomerang Bay.

Is this going to be a single circut track, or a loop track? Either way, the wait times would be terrible since one option would be a single train, and the other would be a 2 train system, but you could not start a full train until the other was ready as well.

FoF is just a unload/ load station with a wall between them.

If you want someting to go from point "A" to point "B" for transportation reasons, put a monorail system in, or put an addition onto the train.

....How about a Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls-style ride? Maybe we should retheme the Wild Thornberrys ride to resemble Ripsaw Falls. I'd call it NickToons Falls or something like that. Since RF has a Mount Rushmore-thingy with the characters from Dudley Do-Right, NF would have a Mount Rushmore dedicated to the characters of the NickToons (SpongeBob, Tommy, Cosmo, and Wanda). Only here the setup of the ride would be similar to Splash Mountain. You know, where it's just a general romp through the world of NickToons. And it would have the quirky theme song from the Nick Celebration Parade. It doesn't really have a name, but you know what I'm talking about.

You know what, I actually like that idea. Im not neccesarily to big on the Nicktoons, but it would be nice if CF could either use that or get a separate licensing and take us into a whimsical fun-filled journey on a 8 minute long Flume Ride, I'd be all for that!

Cory, who is Splash Mountain's biggest fan!

• 3 weeks later...
Should Kings Island get a record breaking coaster? This applys to any type of steel coasters loop or non loop.
I think that it would not matter very much because some other park will just end up topping them. After all KI has two jems in the Guinness Book! Although it would be nice to have a coaster on a grand scale that Cedar Point does'nt. One fact remains WE'VE GOT The Beast!

• 2 weeks later...
I think that we need a floorless coaster or a stand-up coaster.

If not that then The Beast should get an inversion, like a corkscrew or something.

Please don't post comedy like that.

I just spit coffee all over my monitor.

Great joke though!

I would like to see something never dun. Like a stand up inverted coaster.

Do you know how much stress that would have on the riders and the track? The train would be so heavy due to the fact that B&M would have to find a way to design the proper bycicle seat and everything...total gimick

I know one thing, in the first years The Beast was open, there was a lot less breaking AND, I remember doing this but I don't remember when it was, there were times, I think the first run of the day, they would run it with NO breaking. That was SOMETHING. The Beast without breaks was amazing. They say the speed is what..65-68 now? I don't even know. But I would be willing to bet with no breaking, that sucker ran about 75-80. I might be letting time cloud my judgement, but man it was lightning. I'm sorry none of you got to experience that. No wooden coaster to this day can top it. Even with breaks.

I also got to ride The Beast with little or no breaking. Wow it was a different coaster fast and air time. Me and my friends would go up after it rained so we get some good runs on The Beast with a 2 hour wait.

Back on Subject I don't think Kings Island will see another record breaking coaster anytime soon. Kings Island is getting Firehark and a some what fixed SOB. I would like to see another wooden coaster with a lot of twist and turns.

• 2 years later...
Yea an inversion ot The Beast will never happen.

The only thing Kings Island really needs is a nice airtime coaster and a smoother inversion coaster maybe a flooress.

It took me a minute to realize that this was an 07 thread so this seemed like and odd comment. 2 years ago FlightofFear1996 had some pretty good foresight.

For those that complained that DB wasn't ground breaking, I think the challenge in them now is refining and perfecting the experience not doing something new. Besides, it has a record breaking ammount of airtime, stadium seating new to the US, and as smooth of a ride as I could ever ask for. I think it's perfect...love the fangs too!