Why dosn't Fire HAwk have a Construction Cam?

felix

I have been kinda disappointed that Firehawk doesn't have a Construction Cam for fans to watch the progress???? Maverick has 2 cameras on it right now at CP. All they gotta do is mount one on top of FOF. I don't understand why they haven't done that yet.

Well, to be honest with you I would assume the reason is because they are putting so much more money and effort into getting both the sob and the Firehawk ready, that putting a vid cam up is the least on their mind. Maybe next year when they have everything, or at least the major things, re-done then you might see a vid cam ;)

• 2 weeks later...
At least KI is putting up pictures when KIC can't get there to take pictures for the site.

I extend a big T H A N K Y O U to KIC for keeping us up to date with construction pics, but I am disappointed in KI that they are using an unofficial source to keep the fans posted of construction progress. That should be the park's responsibility. KI has always been LOUSY about keeping construction progress posted for its customers and potential customers. I have been working in retail for over 20 years and I think they have most assuredly missed the boat in some very cheap advertising by being so inept at keeping people posted of their new progress. I LOVE KI, but don't think they keep their public as informed as they really should. :wacko:

Why install a construction cam for a ride that has already been built at another park?

There won't be any changes to the ride itself. So what would be the point?

Maverick has a construction cam because it is a new coaster. CP also had one of the best marketing campaigns for a new ride that kept enthusiasts guessing as to what they were doing. The cam was just another marketing tool.

And quite honestly, it was a brilliant move. They knew that the ride was not going to break any records, so they had to find a way to keep everyone's intrest. They got it.

Well, Kings Island has for Firehawk, been posting construction pictures to their website under the media center, to keep us and their customers up to date when the KIC staff can`t get access to get updates on the progress. And, Kings Island has done this in the past. Attractions like Italian Job, Nickelodeon Universe, Boomerang Bay, Delirium and Scooby Doo, and TR:TR all had construction pictures posted on pki.com. So KI does a fairly good job keeping people up to date on their website.

And, with fan sites like KIC, we are able to further keep the public aware of changes and happenings that are occurring at the park. After all, it is the park that gives us permission to go on these tours to keep everyone up to date on the new attractions.

Agreed, Kings Island already has their hands full enough with basically the re-building of two rides. Maybe next year they might bring in some vid cams but I honestly dont see a point right now. They post plenty of pictures, I mean they dont even really have to do that, but they do. ;)