Firehawk Dual Loading Station

notredame0608

• 1 month later...

I am a huge fan of the duel loading station for Firehawk to try to get people through quicker. But how will fans be assigned seats? Will it be the normal KI way with the patrons choosing their own lanes or how IJ:ST is (and how all Disney rides are) with attendants telling people which row they are in?

idk, i bet they'll use the regular Kings Island way.

I have a feeling that with the possible massive flocks of people going to ride Firehawk when it opens, they may have attendants there at first. However, I have never been to a coaster opening nor another Cedar Fair park.

I myself understand line control, but I don't like being told where to sit. For example on KI's coaster such as Vortex I usually always ride in 1-1 or 7-1, 7-1 more then 1-1. Italian Job is okay that they tell you where to sit. If they do this on Firehawk till the newness wears off it will okay too. But I hated at MGM that they told us where to sit on Rock 'N' Rollercoaster. I got stuck in the second row of the car, and for us taller folks the back seats of the cars don't give you much leg room.

Except I have noticed something at Disney:

Yes, they do assign seats on almost every ride, however they do it to keep that line moving as fast as possible. They realize that most people don't really care, and some will.

I can speak for Rock N Roller Coaster that if you make a request to the seat assigner they will usually honor your request, AS LONG AS the seat you want is still available. I have long legs as well, so as such I will typcially say "2 people - odd number row please" More often than not they will send me to an odd number row, even if it means sending the people who were behidn me to the row ahead of me.

There was a time when Tower of Terror had one seat with just a seatbelt, and the rest all had lapbars. (Now they have taken the lapbars out and all seats just use seatbelts) If you'd ask for the seatbelt seat, and no one in your elevator load of people ahead of you had also asked for it, you'd get it.

Again, since most people don't care, or won't question it, the seat assigning helps maximize throughput, if you get an exception every now and then who knows what they want and it isn't going to gum up the works, they will usually work with you. Remember they are world renowned in the area of customer service. "No reasonable request refused"

All that said - I think if they did a wholesale move to seat assigners at Kings Island, there probably would be a LOT of bellyaching at first, as it would represent a huge culture shock.

The reason that they assign seats is because of capacity. On IJ, they pair singles and groups of three to eliminate empty seats being sent out. That in turn improves capacity and shortens the amount of time you spend waiting in line. I`ve been told by my parents, that they used to do this on The Beast back when it first opened. (Heck, during a season pass holder preview day back in 1999, they were assigning seats on Face Off because of its low capacity.

Yes, they do assign seats on almost every ride, however they do it to keep that line moving as fast as possible. They realize that most people don't really care, and some will.

I can speak for Rock N Roller Coaster that if you make a request to the seat assigner they will usually honor your request, AS LONG AS the seat you want is still available. I have long legs as well, so as such I will typcially say "2 people - odd number row please" More often than not they will send me to an odd number row, even if it means sending the people who were behidn me to the row ahead of me.

There was a time when Tower of Terror had one seat with just a seatbelt, and the rest all had lapbars. (Now they have taken the lapbars out and all seats just use seatbelts) If you'd ask for the seatbelt seat, and no one in your elevator load of people ahead of you had also asked for it, you'd get it.

Again, since most people don't care, or won't question it, the seat assigning helps maximize throughput, if you get an exception every now and then who knows what they want and it isn't going to gum up the works, they will usually work with you. Remember they are world renowned in the area of customer service. "No reasonable request refused"

All that said - I think if they did a wholesale move to seat assigners at Kings Island, there probably would be a LOT of bellyaching at first, as it would represent a huge culture shock.

This is very true. People may be agitated about being told which seat when they'd prefer the front or back but at Disney you could easily ask the attendant for a special lane. I've have asked for and been granted this many times. Plus this would help eliminate empty rows where groups of people are riding together but hop into unequally distributed lines and can't find someone to fill the empty space. I would be excited if KI started this trend.

yea i went to Disney and Universal Orlando over spring break, disneys fast pass was very useful, but i would think that due to the diffrence in the park guests, KI would only need it for Firehawk...most of the rides usually arent more than a 20 minute wait.

Too bad they didnt do something like the dualing dragons at Universal Orlando.

It would be cool to have a racing flying coaster!

If they did that.. They would def. need a automatic alignment system like the DD... Because we all know how the racing with The Racers go!

Can't wait to ride Firehawk! Its going to be amazing