Firehawk Flight Deck

dr_humor

Just curious what your thoughts are on the theming that is going to go into Firehawk (if any). For those of you that never rode XF at Geauga Lake, it had subtle nice theming around some sort of "secret flight test" type of environment (i.e., the entrance sidewalk resembled a runway, etc.).

Being installed next to Flight of Fear, and with its obvious "military-esque" flight machine logo, lends the ride to be re-introduced with a nice theming atmosphere, but what will it include? Intense music? Maybe some nice fog machines a la Top Gun's glory days? Sweet lighting package?

Has anyone heard anything? Seen anything?

Just curious.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cedar Fair is big on theme music in the station of it's coasters (MForce, Xcelerator (sp?), TTD) as well as nighttime theatrical lighting. I would suspect that's the extent of what we'll see on Firehawk. I doubt we'll see elaborate theming, fog or special effects.

Shaggy

Maureen stated that the neighboring maintenace buildings will be receiving some fresh coats of paints and schemes that will go along with theme but she didn't go into great detail. We'll just have to wait and see. I wish they would do some sort of theatrical lighting, i love the old school running lights on the lift hills of Vortex and Racer but I think for an example; Vortex would look pretty asthetically pleasing if it had some neat multi colored lights under its structure giving it a better image at night. Same could be done with a ride like Top Gun, if you put some neat lights out there for night rides or if you lit up the Son of Beast lift hill from under the structure.

I think that would be really really cool! If they had a really sweet station design and erie night style music to go with it I think that would be perfect. I also hope/want them to take out those stupid lights inside of fof, if they took them out then it would be pitch black in there which makes it more exciting ... at least when they didnt have the lights on every once in a while i enjoyed fof a lot more and its definatly one of my favorite rides at the park ;)

Yeah Cedar Point looks awesome at night. It looks so alive. Other than the blinking lights on top of the Eiffel Tower and Drop Zone, and the occasional ride cycle of Drop Zone, there isn't any real activity visible from the road. I really hope they fix it up like Cedar Point. Its almost worth the 40 dollar ticket to just watch the light effects after dark from the parking lot!

I think Combat said earlier... i agree. Lights under The Vortex structure would be excellent. I feel that PP was all about the pomp and circumstance of the ride introduction... and letting the "little things" go. Think about IJST... all the hype that came with it's opening. How long after it opened did the special effects stop working?

I would like to see a middle eastern landscape and layout underneath of Firehawk, as well as cannon blasts representing gun fire, and explosions and things of that nature. They could make the whole ride like a modern day combat run!

Now, as bad as this is, that's hilarious :lol::lol:

I think that would be really really cool! If they had a really sweet station design and erie night style music to go with it I think that would be perfect. I also hope/want them to take out those stupid lights inside of fof, if they took them out then it would be pitch black in there which makes it more exciting ... at least when they didnt have the lights on every once in a while i enjoyed fof a lot more and its definatly one of my favorite rides at the park ;)

From what I was told by my supervisor when I worked on FOF they planned to have it pitch black or as close to pitch black as they could but were forced to add lighting by the state. Not sure how true it is but thats what i was told.

As crew members we would do "night rides" and turn out the drum lights and the blue safety lights and would ride 2 at a time. That is one fast ride when only 2 ppl ride due to the way it launches. I always loved the ride more when we did that!

Prior to FoF's opening, the rumors at the time on rec.roller-coaster was that they were testing it in complete darkness, but was resulting in pretty intense nausea for the riders. So, they added some lights.

Not sure if there is any truth to that or not, but those were the rumors circa 1996 :)

Doesn't even necessarily have to be Middle Eastern... or even war... if it just had a good solid flight theme it'd be perfect!

Personally, I'd incorperate the whole Area 51 thing.

Do you think KI might put a run way theme around Farehawk. It would fit in very well with the area 51 air foce base already their.

From what I was told by my supervisor when I worked on FOF they planned to have it pitch black or as close to pitch black as they could but were forced to add lighting by the state. Not sure how true it is but thats what i was told.

As crew members we would do "night rides" and turn out the drum lights and the blue safety lights and would ride 2 at a time. That is one fast ride when only 2 ppl ride due to the way it launches. I always loved the ride more when we did that!

huh interesting thanks for the insight ;)

As for the runway, I think that would be pretty sweet, I definatly would like to see them expand that area over by fof and now Firehawk ... we need some more area 51 stuff ;)

Prior to FoF's opening, the rumors at the time on rec.roller-coaster

A fellow RRCer! My RRC days began back in 99. Can't say I post on it anymore though.

Yeah...I started reading RRC back in the mid-90s ('95, '96 or so). I haven't read it for a couple years now...never did post too much. Those people could just be absolutely brutal. Before RRC I was an avid reader/poster on Prodigy's theme park bulletin boards...now that's been a long time ago! :)