What's open on Opening Weekend?

indiana1986

Opening weekend, don't expect Son of Beast or Firehawk. They won't be ready. All of the other rides should be open, but, as with any machine, things can change at the drop of a hat. Opening weekend is a great time to go...anytime during April is usually a great time to go, as it's not too busy and it's not hot.

Just keep in mind, opening weekend there could be rides periodically going down throughout the day. Just be patient and remember they've been hibernating all winter and are coming right out of their sleep. :) That said, I've attended the past two opening weekends and haven't had to deal with too many issues. Most rides, when they go down on opening weekend, usually come back up before the end of the day. *usually* :)

Enjoy it! It's a fun time to go. I'll be there with some friends on April 22. And use, use, use your season pass! It's a great thing to have and it comes with some great benefits. I wish I could get one this year, but it'd be a waste of money. ;)

I agree with Reclaimer, April and May are good times to go. The earlier in the season you make it to the park the more likely rides arent to need parts replaced like they do in the middle of the season typically. If Cedar Point can change one thing it would be the downtime that rides at KI have had in the past under Paramount. But typically at the start of the season the rides have that "new" feeling to them!

What I said was that those problems do arise, Delirium especially, maybe you should read my post again!

In reference to CP's problems on rides not being open, I know that is a problem at all parks, but it is something that I would like CF to change if there is one thing that they could and that is downtime!

Well, in reference to down time, there are some things that are simply out of the park`s control. When a part breaks, and the park has to wait for a replacement part from the manufacturer, it is out of the park`s hands. That is what has happened with Millenium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, and Delirium. Heck, back in 2003, the Round Up at Coney had to be disassembled for several weeks while the mechanics waited for a replacement part for the ride.

Opening weekend, don't expect Son of Beast or Firehawk. They won't be ready. All of the other rides should be open, but, as with any machine, things can change at the drop of a hat. Opening weekend is a great time to go...anytime during April is usually a great time to go, as it's not too busy and it's not hot.

Just keep in mind, opening weekend there could be rides periodically going down throughout the day. Just be patient and remember they've been hibernating all winter and are coming right out of their sleep. :) That said, I've attended the past two opening weekends and haven't had to deal with too many issues. Most rides, when they go down on opening weekend, usually come back up before the end of the day. *usually* :)

Enjoy it! It's a fun time to go. I'll be there with some friends on April 22. And use, use, use your season pass! It's a great thing to have and it comes with some great benefits. I wish I could get one this year, but it'd be a waste of money. ;)

Not going the 21st? I'll be going the 21st with some friends..

Next he'll be telling a guy that ran Racer in 1972 that it's white, has four trains and goes up and down hills! :)

Well it dose, and there is a posibility that that guy has not been to the park since they painted it all white. However unlikely depending on who you are talking about.

Also I would just like to add that the front gate will be open on opening day.

It will probably snow that day. Seems like theres bad weather on most opening days. Some of the rides (besides Firehawk and Son of Beast) will be closed due to technical or staffing delays. And the crews are usually at their slowest since most of them are new to the job and still learning, and some are even still training.

Usually though it is a good day to go. Even if you dont ride anything its still fun to be there on opening day and see the park coming back to life. I dont know about this year however since they have scheduled two or three crowd drawing events on the same day. It could be really really packed.