Seat Belts on Vortex?

PKIVortex

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldnt matter to me if they add them or not unless it slows down the loading process drastically. I think parks are starting to do it now as a required safety feature because they are starting to have more and mroe malfunctions of the harnesses.

If Vortex does get seat belts, can anyone tell me how'll they'll be? Do the ones on Corkscrew make any difference as far restrictions of the ride or rider? I'm a bigger guy, I can ride every ride at KI, don't have any problems with Face/Off, Delirium, or Tomb Raider as far as the belts. I'm just wondering what these new seat belts may mean to me on Vortex if we are truly getting them?

I hope they do add belts to The Vortex. I also hope they do the same to Top Gun. I enjoy both rides but rarely ride them because they don't have seats belts like Face/Off, Tomb Raider, Delerium, and Drop Zone. I have had several rides while riding Vortex that my harness moved up a couple of clicks. Scared me to death.

Maybe it's just me, but I think that Cedar Point as a whole went way over the top with seatbelts. I definitely think they are good to have on Millennium Force and Dragster, but Gemini, Corkscrew, and Cedar Creek Mine Ride just don't seem to need them. I guess it's a liability issue so they are good to have, but I would hate to see Vortex enter it's 20th season with the addition of seatbelts.

Except for the seatbelts on Flight of Fear. Those are what cause some of the slow load times for the trains on Flight of Fear, simply because the guests do not know where to buckle the belts to.

Yes, the addition of the seatbelts comes down to liabilities the park protecting themselves from lawsuits. As a result, the some restraints become redundant, but it ultimately adds to the safety of the rides. Look at the Scrambler at Kings Island. It had seat belts added about six or so years ago, after an incident at another park involving a Scrambler. But yet at some parks, like at Coney Island and Stricker`s Grove, the Scramblers do not have seat belts. A big player in the issue of what rides get seat belts added is likely the parks insurance company, who would likely have to shell out money in a lawsuit.

Iron Dragon still doesn't have seat belts correct? But just like it was silly to add them to Corkscrew it's silly to add them to Vortex. I bet Adventure Express will get lap belts. As long as it don't make the ride more restricting I guess it will be okay.

The seatbelt on Corkscrew isn't that bad. As some of you know I'm a pretty big guy and I had plenty of room with it. Having worked on Vortex, I think the seatbelts would be a good idea. It would ensure that the bar is down to a predetermined position, and prevent some people from leaning way forward to get a really loose bar. Also some really skinny people can actually climb out through the middle of the bar, and the belt might keep the restraint tight enough to make that impossible.