Seat Belts on Vortex?

PKIVortex

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I just wish they would put some kind of extender on the seatbelts that come up between your legs so bigger people can ride stuff too. I am a big guy and while I can ride most everything at the park, with the exception of Drop Zone, I can't say that I can ride things comfortably. I am usually stuffed into the seat with the restraint jammed into my stomach. Its almost like they make rides for skinny people only! I'm not huge, like 500lbs or something, but I'm not small either. I come in at a cool 300, give or take a pound or two. I don't like rides where I am hanging and relying on the restraint to hold me in. Like TRTR and Face Off. Face off is great until you are at the top of the hill looking down, I feel like I am gonna fall out. TRTR is fine until the part where you are held upside-down.

Anyone know if there is a weight limit on these rides? Also, what about Firehawk, is there a weight limit on that one? I would love to ride it, because it looks really cool, but if I am hanging like on TRTR then I may pass on it cause I just don't feel safe like that.

And since, to my knowledge, there isn't even a scale at either ride, the reality is you either fit the restraint system or you don't.

Most rides are designed, by the way, for a 170 pound, 5 foot, 10 inch tall male. It's been that way for many, many years.

And INTAMIN, in particular, keeps making the restraints tighter and tighter on its rides. Several this year have noted that El Toro at Great Adventure in New Jersey now sports much tighter restraints. There are those who could ride last year who no longer can.

Anaconda at Kings Dominion has the belts and the good thing is that they are retractable. Here are two photos I snaped in the station.

http://pkdsource.freehostia.com/photos/dis...um=8&pos=11

http://pkdsource.freehostia.com/photos/dis...um=8&pos=10

^No the belts on the hand rails are not part of the belts. Those were just closed off seats that day. If you look towards the back, you notice they are shorter than Cedar Point's Corkscrew seat belts. ;)

Just a question from an operations standpoint. Were the ride operators having to buckle the seat belts on the seats that were empty? I know that when there are empty seats on The Racer and Beast, at least in past years, the crews have not had to buckle the seat belts in empty seats. The loading process could be slowed some if the crew has to fasten the seat belts in the empty seats.

Anaconda at Kings Dominion has the belts and the good thing is that they are retractable. Here are two photos I snaped in the station.

http://pkdsource.freehostia.com/photos/dis...um=8&pos=11

http://pkdsource.freehostia.com/photos/dis...um=8&pos=10

^No the belts on the hand rails are not part of the belts. Those were just closed off seats that day. If you look towards the back, you notice they are shorter than Cedar Point's Corkscrew seat belts. ;)

The belts on Corkscrew at CP are put on different too. They have the whole seat belt attached to the OTSR, not the buckle. Looks like someone got smart though to attach the buckle the OTSR and have a retractable belt in the seat.