Dollywoods prices are crazy

I went to this park on my annual trip to Gatlinburg in the mid 90's and it cost a little over 20 dollars to get in, 25 tops, I was thinking about visiting it this year. I checked their website and it cost I think 48 dollars to get in, I thought wow! I looked at the map and their doesn't seem to be that much stuff their for that price, I mean that's higher than Cedar Point, ki, or any parks i've ever been to and it doesn't seem like there is much there, and they give a big senior discount of 3 bucks, like my parents in their 60's wanna pay 45 bucks to walk around and watch their kids and grandkids, I would have liked to visit the park again, but that is way overpriced. Anyone been there recently, is it close to being worth it?

Dollywood is not your typical park. It is aimed more at senior citizens and grandkids than it is teens and young adults. It is a show park, with beautiful landscaping, great shows and fantastic foods and crafts.

And $48 today is not that much more than $25 was back in the day.

Is Dollywood worth it? Well, there's Thunderhead, Mystery Mine, some of the best water rides anywhere, Blazing Fury, one of the best Arrow looping coasters ever built, and on and on.

You and you alone can decide whether it is worth it. The park is frequently packed. Apparently, many, many people think it is "worth it."

Dollywood is not your typical park. It is aimed more at senior citizens and grandkids than it is teens and young adults. It is a show park, with beautiful landscaping, great shows and fantastic foods and crafts.

And $48 today is not that much more than $25 was back in the day.

Is Dollywood worth it? Well, there's Thunderhead, Mystery Mine, some of the best water rides anywhere, Blazing Fury, one of the best Arrow looping coasters ever built, and on and on.

You and you alone can decide whether it is worth it. The park is frequently packed. Apparently, many, many people think it is "worth it."

I remember blazing fury that was pretty cool, I thought that bridge was going to hit me :lol: I'm considering it, I don't mind it being adult themed, I like milder stuff too, but I guess there is many places down their to go and buy crafts and eat great food without that kind of entrance fee, I don't know I'd almost go myself, but I think i'll have a hard time convincing the rest of my clan (parents, sisters) to pay the price, Too bad I don't have a time machine, but then I think I would opt for Magic World ;) but thanks for the info.

My honest opinion for what DollyWood offers it is one of the few parks that can charge $48 and I dont feel like Im being screwed. Sorry but that place offers one of the best combinations of entertainment, rides, attractions, food, and scenery in the biz. If you cant relax at DollyWood and have a great time something is wrong with you.

I'm not a really big show person, so I think it probably won't be worth the price for me, I just kinda like to walk around amusement parks and enjoy the the rides (and they don't have to be wild) and atmosphere, don't really care for sitting down and watching alot of shows, I think if it were 39 to 40 dollars I think we'd all go and enjoy it I just find that a little to steep, sounds like the place is more show oriented and I guess that explains the higher prices probably good shows but I just wanna basically walk around so that's probably going to be too much for everybody, but thanks for the input, I do wanna go back sometime, when I'm not with so many family members, but this probably won't be the time.

I was really wanting to go to that park but the high prices are keeping from going to the park.

What kind of prices were you expecting?

I don't mind paying $14 more to go to a park that I usually don't go to. I can then decide if it was worth it to travel back and pay the extra bucks. I did this a few years ago with KD (when Volcano first opened) and hated the park, but the next day we went to BGE and the park made the trip worthwhile. And BGE was about $10- $15 more for general admission ( I had my season pass, so KD was free). Even the food was more expensive at BGE, but the thing is, the food was fantastic. I would try DollyWood out, you maybe surprised.

Let's not forget Timber Tower! I like Dollywood's surrounding mountains. Beautiful! And, there's something about a park of which one of its attractions is a church. Nifty!

Paying that much to get into any amusement park makes me want to take care of the place; i.e., I'm not tempted to litter, or to vandalize, or to use foul language. Somehow, parting with a chunk of my paycheck to enjoy a theme park makes the experience that much more valuable, so I find myself wanting to keep it nice and amusing.

I've never been. What kinda shows do they put on, meaning what style of shows? :unsure:

Good old-fashioned, down-home Tennessee music (such as gospel quartets). The church there actually has non-denominational worship services on Sundays (haven't been on a Sunday; don't know what they're like). They also have wood carvers, glass blowers, etc.

Have a look-see:

Dollywood

Sounds like Dollywood likes to charge a premium for their park. I've never been there, so the high price sort of turns me off. On the flip side, some of the positive viewpoints have me interested. So I'm kind of split. Either way, it seems like a pretty interesting park.

-S

Dollywood is worth every penny in my opinion. The park is beautifully landscaped, is well run, has some of the friendliest staff you will find, and has an incredible atmosphere. If you like country, you will love the shows. Even if you do not, the bird show is great, and they have a 50's show as well. During different times of the years they also have special shows in conjunction with special festivals. (I have heard the shows they have during their Festival Of Nations in the Spring are amazing.) All the crafts are interesting to see, and the food is better than at most parks. (Their funnel cakes are the BEST and I have also enjoyed good fried chicken here.)

They do have incredible water rides like Smoky Mountain Rampage, Daredevil Falls and the incredibly fun Mountain Slidewinder. Then their coasters are great: Thunderhead, Mystery Mine, Tennessee Tornado and Blazing Fury. I also love the Timber Tower, their train ride which is long and really scenic, as well as the Disk-O coaster and some other flats in the Country Fair section.

I think Dollywood is one of the best 5 parks in the country. I always find it worth the money!

I haven't been to Dollywood since 2000, but I'm looking forward to going in a couple of weeks. Especially with everything that's been added since I was last there, I'd definitely have to agree that Dollywood is worth every penny. It's an absolutely beautiful park in a beautiful setting.

Also, remember that if you enter the park after 3pm, you can get in the following day for free. That's like a day and a half for the price of one. Season Pass prices are also very reasonable.

I can't wait to ride Mystery Mine. That's one of my most anticipated new coasters this year.

I wont spend too much time on this because everyone here in favor of you going has said what I would say. Dollywood is a splendid park! A truly amazing experience, and I am quite sure that there are very few men in this world near as funny as The James Rogers! I have everyone of his CD'S! FYI James Rogers has a show at Dollywood, which has near 40...yes I said 40!!! shows running throughout the seasons, and 20+ on any given day! The shows are great, and so are the rides, the scenery is beautiful. The Nostalgia and memories created are well worth the price. just watching all the shows and riding every ride, I think one person could spen 3 days at Dolly wood easily! That is more to do than one day at Universal! The park is truly a great experience!

Good luck, and I hope that you decide to go, If your family loves shows and some rides that are worldclass as well than you should deff put them first and have a day at the spectacular DollyWood! You won't regret it!

On a side note, if Dollywood can have 40 shows all throught out the season, why cant KI even muster 3 that run the full season?? Talent is one reason I know....but there is always a way!

Heres all the shows! All of Dollywoods Shows!!