Five New Shows for 2007!

BoddaH1994

Kings Island Announces FIVE New Shows for 2007

Ice skating, 60's review, Dora the Explorer highlight much expanded

family entertainment package.

Kings Island, Ohio – From incredibly cool ice skating and non-stop hot island rhythms to Dora the Explorer LIVE and twistin' the night away, Kings Island's 2007 all-new, fully expanded entertainment package has it all! Five family-friendly shows highlight the season-long program, which will have guests singing and dancing in the aisles.

Dora's Sing-a-long Adventure: Dora and Boots are in search of the Big Red Chicken and need help from the young explorers in the audience. Singing and dancing is part of the fun in this highly interactive, high-spirited performance. Show opens April 21 in the Nick Theatre.

Hot Island Rhythms: Summer is here to stay! Island-worthy pop songs have guests singing along, celebrating the carefree fun everyone loves about a summer vacation. Pack your bags and get ready to dance, mon. The rhythm starts April 21 on the International Street Bandstand.

Endless Summer on Ice: The popular Kings Island ice show is back! Talented performers celebrate summer fun – complete with singing, popular music and dancing – all on ice. The Paramount Theatre gets frosty beginning June 9.

Nicktoons Live at Five: Kids of all ages delight in getting up close and personal with their favorite Nicktoons, and there is no better way than with a high-energy meet and greet experience. The characters parade out with much fanfare to introduce a true "happy hour." Guests should prepare for many hugs and lots of smiles. The fun starts June 16 on the International Street Bandstand.

Twistin' to the 60's: All hip cats are invited to a crazzzzy good time, as a full cast of talented performers belt out everyone's favorite 60's tunes. Guests should be ready to twist and shout as Kings Island celebrates summer in a peachy keen way. Opens June 23 in the International Showplace.

In addition to brand-new shows, the tradition of character meet and greets and nightly fireworks continue throughout the season. Characters are located at the front gate and in Nickelodeon Universe ready to hug, dance and frolic with kids of all ages. Kings Island's innovative fireworks display lights up the night on days when the park is open until 10 p.m. or later.

The all-star entertainment lineup compliments Kings Island's first flying coaster, Firehawk. Opening Memorial Day weekend, the innovative flying coaster propels willing test pilots 115 feet in the air and through five inversions at speeds of more than 50 mph – all while facing the ground, experiencing the inconceivable feeling of human flight.

"This year, there is something new for everyone," said Greg Scheid, Kings Island's vice president and general manager. "The full compliment of new high-quality shows, top-notch thrills, a fantastic water park, and an award-winning kids' area, combined with very attractive ticket prices, makes 2007 a special year to visit. There is something new and unique at every turn for each and every member of the family."

Kings Island opens for weekend operation Saturday, April 21. Gates open at 10 a.m. Daily operation begins Wednesday, May 23. Boomerang BayTM opens Saturday, May 26. For more information about Kings Island, guests can call the park at (800) 288-0808 or visit www.pki.com.

Individual gold season passes and four-pack family passes are now on sale by calling (800) 952-PASS [7277] or online at www.pki.com. Discounted park tickets are also available when purchased in advance at Kroger, Meijer and Speedway, by calling (800) 288-0808 or online at www.pki.com.

Edited by Dane

Im glad they have finally released all this information, especially since it has been decided for awhile. Let me just say this.....wait until you see these shows! It's gonna be a great improvement. The return of a kids show to the Nick Theater, the return of the long-awaited ice show, the return of a major singing show to the bandstand and the showplace theaters. Its gonna be great this year.

Well I really disliked the parade because people would gather around to watch and they didn't want to move to let you bye. Really I don't think Kings Island is set up right to have such a thing. It just seems to make the pathways that much more crowded.

So the line for The Beast used to go all the way into the main Rivertown pathway, blocking anyone from going through. Does that mean KI should have gotten rid of The Beast then too?

Its different when you are talking about a line because usually if a line overflows the turnstiles the line would be moved on the side of the pathway. I am not 100% if that is correct for The Beast because I was not alive then. I know Fear Fest lines always get moved off to the side if the line is too long. Durning the parade you have guest that just stand right in the middle of the pathway and on the sides. The parade comes then you have no where to move because the parade in marching down the middle of the pathway and people are blocking your way on the outside of the pathway.

So you go down a different pathway. It's not like the parade was some pop up thing, it happened at the same time everyday. Same thing happens at Disney World too.....parade time comes and you have pathways that are blocked off and unaccessable, if you want to go to a different place in the park you have to find a way around it, which is completly possible.

So you go down a different pathway. It's not like the parade was some pop up thing, it happened at the same time everyday.

...Not to mention its route was clearly marked on the maps. You knew what time it started and where it went. You could avoid it if you wanted. I've been at the park many times when the parade was going on, and up until last year, I always avoided it. Last year, I decided to watch it an actually enjoyed it. :)

If memory serves me, they had the prints place back on the pavement for the 25th anniversary in 2004. They quickly wore off though. They also used to have stripes denoting where The Vortex line should be if it overflowed the queue, these stripes went all the way to almost the "Obey the Net" game on Coney Mall.

Sorry, I was just responding to the Interpreter`s post.

One thing that I found somewhat interesting, is that the Nick Theater will once again be used for a show. I wonder how they are going to get a stage in there, since they filled in the seating bowl.

After last year with just School of Rock and the Nick Parade, an expanded live shows line up will likely be a big hit. The ice show, will likely be extremely popular. It is nice to see this emphasis on live entertainment again. That was one thing that WinterFest was not lacking in its brief return.

Sorry, I was just responding to the Interpreter`s post.

One thing that I found somewhat interesting, is that the Nick Theater will once again be used for a show. I wonder how they are going to get a stage in there, since they filled in the seating bowl.

After last year with just School of Rock and the Nick Parade, an expanded live shows line up will likely be a big hit. The ice show, will likely be extremely popular. It is nice to see this emphasis on live entertainment again. That was one thing that WinterFest was not lacking in its brief return.

I agree on the Nick stage. When I first saw how they filled it in I was mortified! however they can undo that carnage or even build up a stage like they did back in 1997 in "Entertainment Tonight" at the PT. That stage was built about 2 feet above the decking we all know now......