Firehawk Now Has Track!

Spring is here: it's warm out, the birds are coming back north, and KIC user DirtySteve is dropping $400 on Reds Opening Day tickets. Most importantly, the NEW for 2007 attraction, Firehawk, is beginning to take shape!

There are now over a dozen pieces of track up in their final resting place in the air waiting to be primed, painted, and enjoyed by thousands! The duel-loading station is beginning to take shape as well as the track is in place, and the roof is beginning to be created over head.

Ah, but that is not all! A few days ago, Captain Nemo was able to fly his biplane over the park to get some amazing views of the park from a hawk's eye perspective.

Click here to see KIC's latest Firehawk construction update!

Regards,

Ryan

KICentral.com - The source for Kings Island!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First post, long time reader.

Just wanted to thank all involved for getting these great pictures. The flyover shots as well as that one picture with Firehawk's turn peeking over the FOF building have really gotten me excited. This site is really helping to hold me over during the off-season!

Braden

Someone already said once vertical construction started it would take long. The ground work and the footings are the longest things to do. I would say they will probably be pretty close to if not completely done by opening day with track work.

That is the primer for the one millionth time.

Anyway really nice update.

Hey even they were taken today they still might have a few more pieces of track up.

Ok you dont have to be an ass about it...Still does not answer my question though.

1.) Its easier to paint pieces in the air so that you dont have to "turn" them

2.) if they were painted on the ground, they would get scratched up while being picked up and moved. Any attempt to touch up would appear splotchy!

The color will be a dark shiny almost candy apple Red.

The color on there now is a primer.