Firehawk Now Has Track!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the primer for the one millionth time.

Anyway really nice update.

Hey even they were taken today they still might have a few more pieces of track up.

Ok you dont have to be an ass about it...Still does not answer my question though.

1.) Its easier to paint pieces in the air so that you dont have to "turn" them

2.) if they were painted on the ground, they would get scratched up while being picked up and moved. Any attempt to touch up would appear splotchy!

The color will be a dark shiny almost candy apple Red.

The color on there now is a primer.

Thanks for clearing that up and not being an ass about it unlike some people.

To answer the question about when the pictures were taken in further detail, Ryan and I took those pictures around 3 o`clock today. Yes, they could have very well put in place a couple more pieces of track today.

I`m sure the park is aware of the proximity of the brake run to the midway. I`m not exactly sure how the exit for the ride will be set up, but if they use both stations, as they fully intend to, the trains will not be sitting on the brake run for any extended amount of time, unless one of the two stations goes down for mechanical reasons. And I`m sure that area will be in clear view of the operators, who could police the spitters/ trash throwers to a certain extent if sufficient barriers aren`t provided for.

Great Pictures!

Just looking at the area entrance, I'm wondering how crowded it will be going under The Racer. There's not much room there. Maybe they'll have another path leading up to this area to alleviate some of the congestion?

Cool pics!

Firehawk sits in a slightly different configuration than I imagined...I thought it would stretch out more in the opposite direction of FoF. You can tell CF is rebuilding the ride...look at how conservative they are being with real estate by hugging the structure up close to FoF's building :) .

Even after it's finished, there should be quite a bit of space back there for more development. (More than enough for a B&M floorless, inverted, or a hyper! :D )

Even after it's finished, there should be quite a bit of space back there for more development. (More than enough for a B&M floorless, inverted, or a hyper! :D )

Haha that would be nice to have a hyper coaster! A record breaking coaster would be nice, maybe not the tallest or the fastest but the longest!!! Then we would 2 longest coaster records, that being The Beast and the hyper coaster they could build ;)

Well I have noticed that Paramount and Cedar Fair have completely different ways of developing their parks. Cedar Fair likes to keep their rides nice and jammed in and close to each other. I notice I do a lot less walking at Cedar Point than I do at Kings Island. Not that I am complaining but I just think Cedar Fair is more carefull of the land that they have. This might be the two closest coasters in the park.

I went to MarineLand in Niagara Falls, Canada in the summer of 2005 and could not believe the distance there was between attractions. And I mean ALL attractions. They have so much land to use it is rather undescribable. It makes CP and KI look like every attraction is on top of one another.

So does anyone else think that the midway will be made into a full loop someday allowing for more expansion? Right now, they have 2 major attractions at a dead end midway (not that its stopped BGE haha). Maybe they can make it make a loop and exit under recaR and Racer down by Vortex? A continuous midway always seems to work better. Just a thought.

Wow those are some nice pics. I can hardly wait to get on that bad boy and take a ride. The construction is coming along very fast, faster than i expected but what can you say, Kings Island always finds the finest crews.

I wonder what the effect will be in that overbanked turn right next to FoF will be. Imagine that one.

As for the primer, it looks like they put the majority on already while it was on the ground. If you notice, the rails on the track still have green on them, while the rest is the primer.

I dont know if they can go that route with the midway. There are too many maintenance sheds in the way. One idea is to take the midway around FoF, and either installing a coaster in that valley or something, and then connecting around the other side of Racer, next to the basketball game. That would be the safest play.

Speaking of that area, while I was working last year, I saw landscaping doing some major work on that hill. Looked like they were either expanding the maintenance road behind FoF or starting to fill it in a little. Just some speculation for you guys.

I wonder what the effect will be in that overbanked turn right next to FoF will be. Imagine that one.

As for the primer, it looks like they put the majority on already while it was on the ground. If you notice, the rails on the track still have green on them, while the rest is the primer.

I dont know if they can go that route with the midway. There are too many maintenance sheds in the way. One idea is to take the midway around FoF, and either installing a coaster in that valley or something, and then connecting around the other side of Racer, next to the basketball game. That would be the safest play.

Speaking of that area, while I was working last year, I saw landscaping doing some major work on that hill. Looked like they were either expanding the maintenance road behind FoF or starting to fill it in a little. Just some speculation for you guys.

If that's the case, they'll probably do it during FearFest if they decide to run PsychoPath again. Now that Firehawk is next to FOF, talk about some major clutter during October, especially if The Asylum returns in the Red Shed next door.

I was thinking somehow, that maintenance road beside The Racer would be a logical path to transport guests away from the dead end of the FOF/Hawk midway, and would make for a very interesting fear zone, perhaps the return of the WorkSite that actually LOOKS like a construction site. I still think Destruction Zone was a better name.

I think the maint. road cuts behind the old Laser Tag building and the Launch Pad before making its way to the FX Theater. The only problem I see about that is when the trucks come through to do scheduled maintenance; then, it would be an issue. Unless they decide to move both PsychoPath and the Asylum away from FOF and Firehawk and put them somewhere else. That's my two cents.

Guest TombraiderTy

If they take out Psycho Path, I would be so ticked...

I don't think they should completely loop the midway, but a pathway from Flight of Fear and Firehawk to where Laser Tag once was would be nice. They could also move The Asylum somewhere else.... is the steel coaster building an option?

Ok, the story behind those maintenance roads are such:

Behind the old Laser Tag building is indeed a maintenance road, however, you have to go around the turn by FX theatre of The Racer in order to go on it. The clearance on this road is like 6` something. So maintenance rarely uses it.

Now the maintenance road behind Racer is a huge maintenance road. This one is used quite often, except for the part that is located between the FoF midway and The Racer station is abandoned. Its not used other than to turn around. However, there is no room for anything big in that area, so I personally would leave it alone, maybe make it a nuclear waste area with a lake or something.

As for the construction, I cannot say at this time, however where I saw the work is nowhere near where Firehawk is on that old maintenance road. I am thinking though that the park is kicking away the road a little from the back of FoF because it constantly has potholes, as well as erosion every year.