Kings Dominion 2007 changes

KI/KD fan

This weekend was Kings Dominion's opening weekend. I was able to take a trip down there and see some of the changes. This is what I noticed:

The park was very clean

many new trashcans

fresh paint everywhere (everything looked nice)

Paramount was everywhere. I looked like they made NO effort to get rid of the old Paramount logo. Even the workers wore Paramount uniforms. I only saw the new logo a few times. I knew they would not get rid of all the Paramount logos throughtout the park but it was everywhere.

Overall I had a great time and the park was in great shape, it looked so fresh!

What does this mean for Kings Island?

Well the uniforms bit, is somewhat worrying quite a few employees of KI. I personally have no preference however, I know that the old KI uniforms are not liked too much by various members of the KI community.

The uniforms never bothered me, while I would never ware them out and wear them in public compared to what other companies have to wear I think they are quite comfy. When I went to Paramounts Great America in California they had to wear these shirts that looked more like dress shirts.

Now at GWL we had some sweet uniforms in the arcade because they are really light weight and comfy. They just need to work on their nametags cause no one can read them beyond 5ft away.

About what was said above, I've heard one park would be keeping there paramount logo's. Yes were getting new trash can's to, for Firehawk and other spots that need them. So Kings Dominion look great, I would say Kings Island will be shinning on its opening day.

Well noone has a problem with Cedar Fair buying pants this year. Lots of employees hated having to buy their own shorts because very often Paramount wanted them to buy a certain type that they couldnt even find, so obviously people just wore what they could find and everyone was mismatched. I was talking to a girl who worked at the park for some time, and either this year or the year before it girls had to have like a 2 1/2 inseam on their shorts, and she said that she looked everywhere and couldnt even find anybody that made nice khaki shorts that short for girls. So it wasnt just that employees didnt have common sense to look alike, but they couldnt always find what they were supposed to have!

As for the shirts noone minds wearing all the same shirts either...the beef amongst some employees this year, is that they are just hoping toget a new style of shirt not just the old Paramount ones! They like the cut and things and even wearing them...just not the colors in the past!

Speaking of new paint.....

....anyone wanna explain to me why there is a crane next to Ruunaway Reptar today? I don't have a picture of it, but I saw it on the way to HR to get "processed." I guess Reptar is in desperate need of a new shade of green, huh? Or maybe they're taking out the giant Reptar statue on the ride! :blink:

Speaking of new paint.....

....anyone wanna explain to me why there is a crane next to Ruunaway Reptar today? I don't have a picture of it, but I saw it on the way to HR to get "processed." I guess Reptar is in desperate need of a new shade of green, huh? Or maybe they're taking out the giant Reptar statue on the ride! :blink:

The paint on Run Away Reptar was looking a little bad in some areas. Also it would KI could be cleaning the Reptar Statue out front he needs some paint.

Before CF took over, there were various types of shorts and pants being worn. Lots were wearing cargo shorts and pants, various lenghs of shorts, different shades, some pants and sorts worn far below the waist like what is worn on the street. It was hard to find styles that would fit if you required a XXL or larger at a price within reason. It is good to have them provided like they were in the past. This way we all have the same style that would match. As for the shirts, I felt the blue shirts did not breath and were hot. With the uniform being provided, will we still have to laundry them ourselves? What type of jacket will be provided? I hated the thin wind breakers they provided last year and wore my old, much warmer blue jacket from 96.

Mike

I wore the park-provided shorts in 1998-99, and I admit they weren't the most comfortable, but there's reasons why uniforms exist. I'm hoping everyone gets all-new shirts, too, but overall not having to see droopy pants, butt cracks, and untucked sloppy shirts this year is in itself a makeover!