Kings Island Prepares for its 2007 Season

Its a nice warm 34 degrees in Kings Island today. The birds are no where to be found, but the activity is buzzing!!

Workers continue their work on Firehawk (including some painting), the landscaping crew plants flowers and lays down mulch, the shops are getting stocked and the Strollers/Wheelchairs are all getting a good wash down, rides getting certified for the 2007 season, and painting all around.

The most exciting part in preparation is watching the Theater get a whole new floor of Ice! The boarders have already been constructed, and the first layers of below the Ice material are put into place.

Click here to see some late 2007 offseason preparations and Firehawk construction!

Regards,

Dane

KICentral.com - The Guide to Kings Island!

Agreed, the coaster seems to be about 75% complete the only major parts of the coaster left are the other horseshoe coming back and the twists ;). I simply cannot wait for the testing to start and the entire coaster to be painted :P

Yes, they have started putting the final coat of paint on the track and a couple of the supports. All the track on the north side of the lift (from just past the loop to the start of the brake run) still has to be installed. They`ve made great progress since last week.

No official word on Son of Beast beyond what was described at Winter Soar. Which is to say that they hope to have the ride ready to roll this year.

It was kind of odd seeing a lot of the flowers on International Street covered up with blankets and table cloths to protect them from the frost. It is supposed to get down to 23 degrees tonight.

hey just be glad you have a president, if you didnt wed be waking up in the land of the rising sun!

Haha I sound like an amvet...

I think its funny when people call out presidents whether they are horrible or not, freedom of speech truly is great! I love how we can say what we want...sometimes things are overused though :(

Having an american flag will remind us of a president that some of us dont like? I guess we should remove them from schools to, and if they are at half mast for fallen soldiers, well lets just get rid of them, dont want to be reminded that we have a democrocy and a president, heaven forbid.

People that make those types of comments not only have failed ideology but a real serious problem of dilusion, grow up and honor your flag for its whole, not its parts!

Actually they currently dont have "Red Racer" or "Blue Racer" painted on them, but the colors of the trains and the ride yes obviously do resemble those of the American Flag as well as the French Flag and Russian Flag, but this topic isn't about the flags of a nation(s). ;)

.. andddd to jump back on track.. =]

-- Being that only there are only 16 days until opening day , Son of Beast is REALLY going on the hush about details? Has ANYTHING been offical other then hoping to have to up this year?.. Trains?Re-Tracking?..

-- Firehawk.. ohh Firehawk.. just.. it's.. you're .. Ahh.. :D

-- sings to myself " Its the most, wonderful timeeeee of the yearrrrrrrr".

It amazes me how fast they're assembling this coaster. Just insane!

-S

does anyone know if theyre going to change the name of face/off, drop zone, tomb raider, top gun, ect...???

and shouldnt they like get red of the paramount's Kings Island logo on the trains???

just saying.

[yeah im new to this web site]

:wacko:

Search is your friend!

Honest.

But, to answer your questions:

Ride names will not change immediately, as the licensing on each is separate from that for the park name. Scooby and the Haunted Castle will probably be the last to change, if it changes at all before being redone. The Paramount's Kings Island references will be gone within twelve to eighteen months, we are told.

The park sign is not changing before the season starts, apparently. Some of the signage inside the park has changed.

It really looks like Kings Island is coming along nicely so far. Firrehawk looks really nice. For those who said that Firehawk would look like a giant behind Flight of Fear might be wrong. Because in the pictures I've seen so far it barely sticks out in the foreground. Anyways love the story and pics.

P.S. I like the picture of the stuffed aniamals the best as well. :D