What should be done with the Paramount Story?

italianchef

Guest TombraiderTy

Kings Island history area and possibly play some old ride music, like Cartoon Friends from Enchanted Voyage, Phantom Theater, ect. Plus have a King Cobra car, pictures and photographs, dates on the stones, a Phantom Theater character, a Zodiac car, ect.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kings Island history area and possibly play some old ride music, like Cartoon Friends from Enchanted Voyage, Phantom Theater, ect. Plus have a King Cobra car, pictures and photographs, dates on the stones, a Phantom Theater character, a Zodiac car, ect.

Well the only two things still at Kings Island are the cars from King Cobra and Phantom Theater. The Zodiac is long gone with only pictures left. Music might be hard with copy rights. I would like to see some pictures of years gone by.

Guest TombraiderTy

Zodiac was moved to Australia, and when the park, Wonderland Sydney, closed down, the ride was dismantled and stored in those moving containers. I am not 100% positive if they are still there, cause they have been sold as scrap metal, but it wouldn't be too difficult to get one or two of them.

Guest kwindshawne
Zodiac was moved to Australia, and when the park, Wonderland Sydney, closed down, the ride was dismantled and stored in those moving containers. I am not 100% positive if they are still there, cause they have been sold as scrap metal, but it wouldn't be too difficult to get one or two of them.

There is development at the old wonderland site-I have been unable to find zodiac's final resting place-but here is a link to the memories of the park....

http://www.wonderland.com.au/zodiac/

Was emotional for me to see a beloved memory end up the way it did

It would make a good designated smoking area as well.

ABSOLUTELY NOT....This is pretty much the only place left in the park with the original landscaping. Children should be able to enjoy this without having to breathe in someone elses cigarette smoke.

m.f.21

ABSOLUTELY NOT....This is pretty much the only place left in the park with the original landscaping. Children should be able to enjoy this without having to breathe in someone elses cigarette smoke.

m.f.21

That's the whole point of the smoking section idea! So the kids can enjoy the area while breathing in their OWN cigarette smoke!

Joe Camel says: Take Your Vitamins.

m.f.21

That's the whole point of the smoking section idea! So the kids can enjoy the area while breathing in their OWN cigarette smoke!

Joe Camel says: Take Your Vitamins.

Oh My Gosh!

I was thinking the same thing!

Make the park an outdoor table service cafe, with wine ,candles, and light food. Could be romantic at night.

Nah. That area is too wide open. People can see everything. If you want romance, check out the photo booths. They are much more private. :lol:

During Winter Fest this area was used at a Meet and Greet area. If it was a meet and great area for part of the season this could free up a stage for a show. Also it would be neet to see all of the past rides at Kings Island on those stones with the year it opened and year it closed. During Fear Fest this area could be used.

Does anyone know what of old Kings Island is still around at the park? Like old ride signs, cars, props, and ect.? I know some Bat stuff is around that would be neet to see.

Guest TombraiderTy

I don't know about any of the things from The Bat, but...

-Phantom Theater cars

-Phantom Theater characters

-King Cobra cars

-Old Hanna Barbera signs

-Old shop signs

-Old ride signs

-Hanna Barbera ride pieces

-Water wheel from WTRA (but it would be better if they just put it back on... <_<)

There may be a few others, and I know some rides were sent to other parks and the parks eventually shut down (not all of them), so rides like Zodiac could possibly be bought back, or at least parts of them.

Guest kwindshawne

It was nice to get on you tube and see the zodiac in operation on an old commercial. There was also private video on another site from an aussie that was filming the last hour of the park being open. That was pretty cool.

I visited the area today and it was very relaxing considering it was just my girlfriend, the waterfall, and I. I think they should keep it peaceful, add some more benches to relax, and maybe some informative plaques about KI past or possibly a small quiet outside eating area like many have suggested. I am not a fan of the adding a ride there idea because that area is one of the few peaceful/quiet areas of KI.

Actually I love it the way it is right now. My daughter and I go to Kings Island each week and that is a great place to just go and talk - relax and it is a very peaceful parklike setting. The stones could tell the Kings Island Story so I would just redo them in that manner. Possibly add a few more benches and allow that part to be a place to let parents and grandparents catch a few minutes of peace, a place to reflect, possibly place some nice flowers in there and turn it into an AMERICAN BEAUTY garden of sorts. Why put in a Japanese garden in an American Amusement Park? Makes no sense I am sorry hun.

The waterfall is breath taking and a place where young lovers are often seen getting their pictures taken. I have even seen families posing for pictures there because of it's senic beauty.

Just add to it's tranqual beauty - not a major change - just some nice touches but honestly I would keep it peaceful. It has lots of shade, and in the midst of an amusement park it is really pretty quiet.

I know we were really tense and went there for a bit. After an hour of talking and just taking in the beauty of it all we left much more relaxed and enjoyed the rest of our day more fully. Sometimes park visitors are mean and unthinking so after awhile it gets to you. That is a great place to unwind for a bit.

I was up in the ET a few weeks ago and from that vantage point I got an idea for a possible coaster that could go through there, the empty space next to the theater, and over top of Swan Lake.

Were you by any chance the person responsible for the siting of Italian Job at Kings Island?

No I'm just a noob.

• 2 weeks later...