What should be done with the Paramount Story?

italianchef

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put the "Park" back into amusement park is a great quip, Stewart32. With it being so close the the Carousel it would be nice to have a Ferris Wheel in there, even if it isn't a giant wheel like the one at CP. I think it would be neat to also have a couple of quiet flat rides like an old style swings or maybe even a miniature train ride..... I also think it would be great to have an old school, band stand like the ones you see at the park in old musicals. It would be great to have a resident band or invite outside bands to come in and play. When I say "band" I mean brass, percussion, you know, marching/big bands. You could do so much with that setting to entertain people in a relaxing shaded area.

• 3 months later...

I have always loved the idea of a KI museum. I am 39 and I've been going to KI since the first season. Every time we go to the park, my kids are full of questions about what it was like when I was their age (and younger). A museum to show them would be phenonmenal....

They could build it several stories high, the top level being similar to the former 50 ft level of the Eiffel Tower with large picture windows overlooking the entire area from Coney Mall To Action Zone with a series of historical pictures between the windows showing the development of those areas fron 1972 to the present so that patrons could compare what they are looking at now to what it has looked like through the years.

Just an idea....

• 3 months later...
I have always loved the idea of a KI museum. I am 39 and I've been going to KI since the first season. Every time we go to the park, my kids are full of questions about what it was like when I was their age (and younger). A museum to show them would be phenonmenal....

They could build it several stories high, the top level being similar to the former 50 ft level of the Eiffel Tower with large picture windows overlooking the entire area from Coney Mall To Action Zone with a series of historical pictures between the windows showing the development of those areas fron 1972 to the present so that patrons could compare what they are looking at now to what it has looked like through the years.

Just an idea....

That sounds ok, but i think that International Street might look strange with a tall building. Maybe put the pics of the surrounding area on the Eiffel Tower.

I really must say that I really agree with all previous statements that approve of the

K.I. Museum. If this were to become a reality at the park, I am quite certain that it would be a

hit. However, I am almost willing to bet that Cedar Fair's Plans for the area are already nothing short of being complete. Of course this is nothing more than an educated guess. So nobody quote me on it please.

But with the way that rides are being renamed, it would not completely surprise me to walk in and

find it being named "WalkThrough" or something else undesiringly unappreciated and stating the obvious.

m.f.

With all the KI Story ideas, I think statues of Yogi Bear and Fred Flintstone would make it kinda nostalgic. (Or, better yet, Betty Rubble!) It would fit as sort of an homage (sp?) to the old HBL for us KI geezers to share with our families.

Sorry to tell you but the statues of Yogi Bear and Fred Flintstone that used to be over by HBL are now rubble. I would love to see something of old Kings Island in that area of the park. Come on Cedar Fair we all know you can do it.

With all the KI Story ideas, I think statues of Yogi Bear and Fred Flintstone would make it kinda nostalgic. (Or, better yet, Betty Rubble!) It would fit as sort of an homage (sp?) to the old HBL for us KI geezers to share with our families.

Sorry to tell you but the statues of Yogi Bear and Fred Flintstone that used to be over by HBL are now rubble. I would love to see something of old Kings Island in that area of the park. Come on Cedar Fair we all know you can do it.

I agree. I would love to see something old, from the park's history

Barney Rubble?

The Interpreter, who just had to. . .

SERIOUSLY??? Those statues were demolished? How stupid. They could have been sold or donated. What a pity!