Kings Island Tempts Taste Buds in 2007

Kings Island, Ohio – Mouths are watering as Kings Island kicks it up a notch with tasty additions to its food lineup. The increased variety of dining options - from Chinese cuisine to personalized Panini sandwiches - is the perfect ingredient for a scrumptious visit during the 2007 season.

Panda Express: Kings Island’s fortune cookie exclaims that this is the destination for flavorful gourmet Chinese food, including Kung Pao Chicken, Sweet and Sour Pork, fried and steamed rice and crisp spring rolls. Chopsticks are optional, but a delicious meal is guaranteed! Panda Express opens late spring in the Festhaus.

Fontana Bistro: Fresh-fruit smoothies, Jolly Rancher frozen drinks and gourmet pretzels are sure to tempt taste buds this summer in the all-new Fontana Bistro on International Street. This fun walk-up establishment opens April 21.

Midway Treats and Eats: That sizzling sound is a made-to-order Panini sandwich grilling to perfection. The meat and gooey cheese stuffed meals are sure to be a hit! In addition, savory French bread pizzas make guests say, “Mmmmm!” as they walk down Coney Mall this summer.

Bubba Gump Shrimp Shack: Human claws are pinching away for southern-style crab cakes and crab cake platters. In addition, Lt. Dan’s Back Porch Bar serves up deep fried pretzels, mega nachos, boneless wings and ice-cold beer every single day.

International Street LaRosa’s: This Kings Island staple receives a complete makeover, debuting April 21. From all-new décor to shiny new floors and counter tops, this restaurant is opening in style!

“Kings Island continuously offers guests signature food items that can’t be found anywhere else,” said David Zellner, the park’s director of food operations. “Our wide variety of dining options is sure to please all appetites.”

^HOpefully on the un-used side so that, that are of the festhaus doesn't look abandoned and nasty. I hate to say it but for once I think I'm actually excited about the food at the park. No offense but the LaRosas pizza is awful and they never had much choice of anything else. Boneless Wings, Chineese Food, Deep Fried PRetzels.....mmmm!

Bubba Gump Shrimp Shack: Human claws are pinching away for southern-style crab cakes and crab cake platters. In addition, Lt. Dan’s Back Porch Bar serves up deep fried pretzels, mega nachos, boneless wings and ice-cold beer every single day.

Boneless Wings? OH HELL YEAH :lol:

Well KI could have had a Chick-fil-a, like CP, which does not open on Sundays. I understand that it is corporate policy that they don't open on Sundays, but for a seasonal park I would expect something that is open 7 days a week. But it doesn't hurt their business in other stores, so what do I know.

Ironically CP is also getting a Panda Express. I can see it now, General Tso's chicken and immediately following a couple spins on either Delirium or MaXair.

... what a mess! :wacko:

More food choices & variety is always a good thing.

The last time when we went into the Festhaus I felt like it really needed to have more food choices, so if it can not be located on International Street then I think Festhaus is the next best choice as far as location goes.

I just hope that the if they are going to keep the arcade games in the Festhaus, that they will turn them down to an inside dinning acceptable level. I did not even go in their to have dinner last year because of the arcade noise level.

Across from the Child Care center on the Tower-side entrance to Nick Universe.

Used to be Magilla Gorilla Grill or something.

Back in 1972 when the park first opened Humble Pie was in that location. In the building where Sky Line is now on International Street, Kahn's had a shop where you could watch them make hot dogs and they served hot dogs and other types of food in their restaurant. All back in 1972.

Mike

Aw man i cant wait to taste that chinese food. Looks like Cedar Fair isnt just another big roller coaster loving company at all. Do you think there is any chance thay they might decide to float a Johnny Rockets down here anytime?

Aw man i cant wait to taste that chinese food. Looks like Cedar Fair isnt just another big roller coaster loving company at all. Do you think there is any chance thay they might decide to float a Johnny Rockets down here anytime?

I think you'll have a better chance of getting a Johnny Rocket's fix at Kentucky Kingdom than at Kings Island. ;)