Kings Island Tempts Taste Buds in 2007

Not anymore...Didn't you know it's becoming a Hooters this year? :P

But in all seriousness, Cedar Point has had one. Kings Island had Coke before the Cedar Fair purchase of the parks, and continues to serve Coke this year. Cedar Point had Johnny Rocket's before Snyder purchased the chain, and Cedar Point will continue to have one this year. That isn't to say we won't ever see a Johnny Rocket's at KI...There's always a possibility. It would bring money to the restaurant chain...Snyder would be stupid to not allow it.

That isn't to say we won't ever see a Johnny Rocket's at KI...There's always a possibility. It would bring money to the restaurant chain...Snyder would be stupid to not allow it.

I would hope not to see another fast food chain at KI, I never eat at them (heck, I didn't even know there was a Chick-fil-a at the park!). KI really needs a sit-down full service restaurant.

Has anybody been to the GWL restaurant yet, and was it good?

http://www.greatwolflodge.com/Locations/Ma...ampcritter.aspx

Well, if they were going to make any place be a full service restaurant, I would think that the easiest locality where they could pull this off without drastic remodeling or changes would obviously be Wings in Rivertown. But it looks like they are going to be trying out the buffet thing in there again. It wasn`t terribly bad when I ate there on the last day last year, but some of the food (buns especially) were not the freshest, to say the least.

Do you remember when Kings Island used to serve brats, mets with 'kraut and German potatoe salad and be able to wash it down with a cold beer in either the beer gardens or the Festhouse? I would like to see some German fare brought back.

Mike

Nothing says Oktoberfest like pizza and Chinese food...

I agree with you, it would be really nice to see the Festhaus start serving German food again. The Chinese restaurant should've gone on International Street. But for now you can add the new Panda Express to the list of misplaced rides and restaurants at Kings Island <_<

With that being said though the rest of the new places look to be welcome additions. :)

and I hope this doesn't sound off.... but once a place serves chinese food, it is next to impossible to get the smell out.

I agree with the thought of "why is a chinese place going in an Oktoberfest area?" Why don't they just turn it into a food court? That poor place used to be so much more than it has become. Was hoping that CF would return some of the good shows that used to be there. I remember back in the late 80's.. the shows there were a pretty big deal. One show, I think called "Fire and Ice" had national recognition. And some of the Christmas shows were absolute professional quality.

That isn't to say we won't ever see a Johnny Rocket's at KI...There's always a possibility. It would bring money to the restaurant chain...Snyder would be stupid to not allow it.

I would hope not to see another fast food chain at KI, I never eat at them (heck, I didn't even know there was a Chick-fil-a at the park!). KI really needs a sit-down full service restaurant.

Has anybody been to the GWL restaurant yet, and was it good?

http://www.greatwolflodge.com/Locations/Ma...ampcritter.aspx

I've had the buffett and it is actually pretty good.

Well new great food options, great new shows, and a thrilling new coaster. Thank you Cedar Fair, looks like 2007 is gonna be great. The park opens shortly, I for one cant wait to see all the changes.

Dont tell no one but Firehawk is only new to people who havent rode it. If you rode it as X-Flight then its just a coaster with a new name and paint job.