Kings Island! Where else? Campaign

beastfan11

I also just saw the commercial, once during "The Bachelor" on ABC WCPO 9, and FOX WXIX 19 during the 10:00 news.

- Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal is shown, even though it last operated in 2000.

- The looping ship from Kings Dominion is shown.

- The PKI logo is clearly shown in an IJST shot.

- See the guy in the front row, on the right, in the Congo Falls shot? You might know him. He looks very familiar.

- A few years ago, Sears used the slogan "Where else?" I'm just sayin'.

Its a lovely 28 degrees this mourning in Dayton and I have been listening to K99.1 all morning since 6:15 am where Kings Island has been sponsoring all the weather and traffic updates. Nancy keeps calling it Paramount's Kings Island and the actual "Where Else" radio ad of course doesn't say Paramount of it.

The radio ad itself basically touches on Firehawk and mostly talks about the new shows and what family fun their is to be had.

KI radio advertising in the Columbus market usually begins the week before the park opens. (I've been listening to XM all the time, so I'm not sure if that's true this year or not...)

KI TV commericals usually start immediately before opening weekend. I usually notice them starting on the Thursday or Friday before the Saturday opening.

I wonder what kind of advertising approach CF will take in the Columbus market this year? The Columbus MSA is a shared market between KI and CF, and both usually advertise heavily here. I wonder if there's anyway that they could get any benefit from doing a combined marketing campaign for both parks? It would certainly make their media buys more efficient, but could both parks be effectively promoted with one campaign? I'm sort of thinking along the lines of the generic "Disney Parks" campaign that promote all of the parks in one campaign...

Just kind of thinking (rambling) out loud here... :)

• 2 months later...

I've noticed the commercial running more and more now. Is it the same commercial now as was discussed in this topic in April?

I am still trying to figure out what most of the rides are in the commercial, certainly NOT ones at KI.

Any of you other more diehard fanatics than me figure it out? ;) (I just don't have as much fun time available as some of you)

I'd post the commercial on YouTube (as I've got it on my computer), but posting would be a copyright violation. :(

I will say that the mom in the commercial is pretty good-lookin'.

Are any of these family members actually featured on ANY of KI's rides? It doesn't even appear that they filmed any of the commercial at King's Island (besides stock footage from the park).