Opening Weekend Weather

Guest faceoff

Guest faceoff

With the weather being very unlike spring-how many people think Kings Island will either cancel

opening weekend if snow showers are in the forecast or close early? Opening weekend is also

music in the parks and scouting days. I am a bit concerned,since i live four hours away and would

hate to be spending the weekend watching tv and being bored in the hotel room-and also money

spent-that i cannot get back. What is everybody opinion?

Currently, Accuweather Premium is calling for

Saturday:

Cloudy to partly sunny, high of 57

Sunday:

Rainy, high of 65

Just remember, this is more than a week away...forecasts that far in advance aren't too awful accurate. Hell, you can't really count on tomorrow's forecast to be accurate. ;)

Close, but not quite as early a close. I was there for that. The weather sucked bad, but they managed to stay open until 4PM with about 1000 people in the park. 2005 had less people, and they gave up at noon.

And if there had been a preview weekend this season (which would be this weekend) the weather would suck too.

Another weather forcast from Intellicast:

http://www.intellicast.com/IcastPage/LoadP...mp;prodnav=none

But, as was stated before, the forcast is for over a week away. I wouldn't put too much faith in it.

For example: I was *supposed* to go to the Cleveland Indians home opener last Friday. The weather forcast a week before called for light snow on Thursday, and cold & wet conditions on Friday. It ended up snowing in Cleveland all weekend.

Weather.com and Intellicast are both showing sun and mid-60s currently. Accuweather is predicting 0.02 inches per hour from 10am to 9pm.

Again...like I've said before and as Browntggrr just said, these dates are over a week away. Right now, it's pretty much a stab in the dark. Wednesday on you'll probably get a much more accurate forecast. By then, it could be 10 degrees and a snowstorm, or 80 degrees and sunny...or anything in between.

ooh that weather sounds-....like we're not in ohio anymore xD seems like almost every opening day, im standing in line saying 'okay, next year, ill REMEMBER the gloves'.

that week of high 70's got my hopes up then these last 2 weekends quickly smashed those hopes into tiny tiny bits. so im staying neutral and praying to the merciful coaster gods

but here's hoping the weathermen are RIGHT about that n.n

Guest faceoff

The latest weather report from the weather channel is - partly to mostly sunny with high

temperatures in the upper 60's. This is for friday,saturday, sunday. The weekend should be

perfect. The god's of rollercoaster will be blessing all of us.

I have been there with good and bad weather. When you have good weather there are many people there. When you have bad weather they say they are closing after you have been there for five minutes. If you are like me and live 200 miles away with 3 dollar gas it's better to wait for good weather.

I never had Cedar Point close on me before. I wonder if they do close like KI as I have never heard of it if they do.

I remember a photo on point buzz of a coaster running with a tornado right by it at Cedar Point but haven't seen it lately.

Here it is http://www.pointbuzz.com/Gallery.aspx?a=363

Guest faceoff

I was at Cedar Point, when that tornado was taking place. The tornado was over lake erie.

From the boardwalk at the hotel breakers,you could see it really good. I just came off the

corkscrew, when i first saw the tornado. I am coming from west virginia for opening weekend

and staying at the Kings Island resort. Anybody else coming from out of town? Where are you

staying?

I won't be at the park opening weekend...busy doing yard work..BUT...this will be the first season at my new house in Mason, so I'm looking forward to the fireworks...especially since I can see them from my backyard.

On another note, they started lighting up the Drop Zone at night, so it's visible along side the Eiffel Tower.

I guess you can say i am coming from out of town but i live in Richmond Kentucky which is almost right in the middle so it is only about a 2 hour drive or less. I hope the weather permits because i have now changed my baseball work schedule where instead of working a saturday game i am now working two Friday night games and will be working until about 11 O'Clock so i guess you can say i am a little bit obsessed. But now i have just received word that my dad might have to work and we might have a scrimmage that day buy my mom said i dont have to go to the scrimmage. so lets just hope Dad doesnt have to work so i can enjoy opening day.