Cedar Fair, I know you Care.

father_of_ki

I would like to make one point very clear. I have always enjoyed Kings Island, and any statement that I choose to make at KICentral ( this being the 1st )will specify that, along with the fact that I believe myself to be very professional. So at times you may not agree with what I have to say, please don't hate me for it, just politely disagree. That being stated I have a few comments about the park that I would like very much to list. I am quite certain that Cedar Fair representatives glance at this web page from time to time, so perhaps this will be worth my while.

I believe that the park has lost a lot of its grand luster since the ownership of Paramount. The once beautiful gardens have turned into empty holes that todays children look at and simply keep walking by. This is the whole point. They should be encouraged to desire to do great things. And Kings Islands gardening, in the past, made people stop and stare at what they wished they could have had in their own backyards at home. I sincerely hope that Cedar Fair is going to brighten the park up a bit with spectacular colors and scents.

I also hope that Cedar Fair has the intention of fulfilling the desires of guests of all ages. Not just the overexcited crowd that thirsts for more intense thrills. Granted this is the type of person that I am, but I feel bad for individuals who pay to get inside of the park only to find that over the last few years, anything that they could enjoy due to being elderly, having infants, or perhaps injury has been slowely removed without a trace. I have noticed that Cedar Fair is bringing back some shows such as Ice Skating that people of every size and description can enjoy, and I applaud them for doing so. And I sincerely hope that this is only the beginning of a lot of fantastic shows to come. Events that actually touch peoples emotions, and leave them begging for more have been long lacking at Kings Island.

Furthermore, I hope that along with the intention of satisfying the desires of all ages, that Kings Island steps up their thrill rides just a notch. Or 2. The idea that Paramount has added many steel coasters to Kings Island's resume is not enough. These rides are for the most part mediocre. Kings Island has always been destined for great things, and I can see no reason why this park should not be the home ground to glorious new techniques in Roller Coaster Design. Firehawk is GREAT. A flying coaster. Cedar Fair is off to an excellent start, as being the new caretakers of the park. ( hopefully the name will not switch hands again after this one ) Perhaps in the future we can expect to see a design like X, or a new lifthill or launch design. Perhaps an underground coaster or something with seats that spin like an office chair. If you are reading this, you get my point. I am not giving specifics, I am simply stating that Kings Island is the perfect candidate for experimentation with coaster design.

Another change that I believe would be great for Kings Island is to make better use of its amphitheatre, "TIMBERWOLF". Sure Kings Island still has some top artists appear every year, but perhaps they should experiment with attempting to bring in more concerts with more big names, or some old favorites. Even traveling shows for kids like maybe "The Wiggles" for example could be a huge hit for this amphitheatre.

I understand that a lot of what I am mentioning in this statement is already being looked into by Cedar Fair. But another reinforcer, or an original thought can never hurt. So if you are reading this, and you can truly make a difference as to what awaits the fans of Kings Island in the future, please, consider this, and thank you for your time.

I believe that the park has lost a lot of its grand luster since the ownership of Paramount. The once beautiful gardens have turned into empty holes that todays children look at and simply keep walking by. This is the whole point.

Do you mean that the park has lost it's luster since CF took over last summer, or do you mean the the park has lost it's luster under the Paramount years?

I believe that the park has lost a lot of its grand luster since the ownership of Paramount. The once beautiful gardens have turned into empty holes that todays children look at and simply keep walking by. This is the whole point.

Do you mean that the park has lost it's luster since CF took over last summer, or do you mean the the park has lost it's luster under the Paramount years?

I think he's trying to say that the park has lost its luster during the Paramount years, and is trying to persuade Cedar Fair to bring some of that luster back. I happen to agree with most of what he says, as well.

Original things are great, but things have to change over time. It's a balancing act, trying to keep 'classic' items, but also bring in new items. The way I look at it, if the Park didn't make changes and remove older things for newer, the Park would not be the successful place it is today.

I also hope that Cedar Fair has the intention of fulfilling the desires of guests of all ages. Not just the overexcited crowd that thirsts for more intense thrills. Granted this is the type of person that I am, but I feel bad for individuals who pay to get inside of the park only to find that over the last few years, anything that they could enjoy due to being elderly, having infants, or perhaps injury has been slowely removed without a trace. I have noticed that Cedar Fair is bringing back some shows such as Ice Skating that people of every size and description can enjoy, and I applaud them for doing so. And I sincerely hope that this is only the beginning of a lot of fantastic shows to come. Events that actually touch peoples emotions, and leave them begging for more have been long lacking at Kings Island.

I just copied the above statement. But I will have to say that I agree with a lot of this. Especially the shows at Kings Island. I really hope that what Cedar Fair is introducing to the park this year is just a taste of what is yet to come of their ownership. The park really has lost a lot of its emotion during the Paramount years. Especially for individuals of all ages. It would mean so much to see that emotion return to it's atmosphere.

m.f.21

I too am very happy with what Cedar Fair has done so far seems like Kings Island will return to be the same park I adored as a child not some fancy Hollywood themed family-friendly park..I wish CF would return the popular HB characters like the flintstones and jetsons,yogi bear,scooby doo as meet and greets at the front gate but neverless I'm happy with what I've seen so far done to the park thus far.

Well, if you read the article that appeared in the Cincinnati Post, both Scooby Doo and Yogi Bear will be featured in the Endless Summers on Ice show!

I could not find the article about Yogi Bear and Scooby Doo being in the show on the Cincinnati Post website?

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../704190348/1005

I totally agree that the park has lost its luster and needs more outreach for all ages.

I have heard great things about Cedar Fair and their willingness to invest lots of money in their parks (look at Cedar Point).

Rome was not built in a day and it may take a while before we see the traditional Kings Island that we grew up with.

Don't get me wrong, Paramount did some nice things but there is always room for improvement.

Tomorrow, we will see what Cedar Fair has brought to the table.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the poster especially on reaching out to more ages, one of the things I love about Cedar Point is my parents can come and have things to do such as the sky ride, an awesome train (not just transportation to the waterpark), the paddle boat ride, a nice indoor dining experience, the spiral tower and oh yeah NICE SHOPS, I would love to see things go this way at Kings Island, Have a nice variety for all ages, and a state of the art coaster would be nice at some point too :P

Paramount did a lot of good things for the park during their "reign," but I agree- the park lost a LOT of it's luster.

Cedar Fair should and probably will bring back a lot of it. My only fear in this is that Cedar Fair's flagship park is already in Ohio, so KI might not get the latest and greatest.

Here's one good suggestiuon- how about some flat rides? Kings Island used to have good flat rides by the job lot, and Paramount seems to have taken most of them out.

I too am very happy with what Cedar Fair has done so far seems like Kings Island will return to be the same park I adored as a child not some fancy Hollywood themed family-friendly park..I wish CF would return the popular HB characters like the flintstones and jetsons,yogi bear,scooby doo as meet and greets at the front gate but neverless I'm happy with what I've seen so far done to the park thus far.

I agree with you totally because i am an old cartoon fan. I remember going into Hanna Barberra Land and seiing all the old characters running around for meet and greets. I took a picture with captain caveman one time and i still have that picture. But at least they are keeping SDATHC.