new Firehawk pics

Delirium_Guy

Must we not forget the permanent entrance to "The Asylum" will be installed. -Hauntguy

Permanent as in, we can walk past it and plainly say, "Hey, that looks like an entrance to a haunted house", in the middle of May?

Permanent as in (as both myself and coastersRZ noted when we walked by on saturday evening) they are putting in a cement sidewalk to the building. The Asylum sign has been removed.

I hope it's grass and not gravel underneath the ride. It be nice to hear how much more of the ride has changed since last weekend. More red paint, que line etc.... I would say they will have to start testing the thing here very shortly, to have it opened by Memorial Day weekend.

Yep, I believe that your assumption is correct. I believe that they are giving the station a hangar theme, which will fit in well with the whole military base feel that Flight of Fear already has. They will also be painting some of the neighboring maintenance buildings (at least that was the plan as of earlier this month).

Re: Year round haunted house...

You know, haunted houses always scare me... and not in the way you may think...

Many years ago, several people died in a permanent haunted house attraction at Great Adventure. It was terribly gruesome and horribly sad. Also, fires are not uncommon in stand-alone haunted attractions. I can think of a handful of news stories right off the top of my head where people were trapped by fire in haunted attractions.

I've never been a fan, mostly because haunted houses are too predictable (oh here' comes a dark corner... wonder what's going to happen?) But the older I get, the more concerned I get about putting myself in a fire trap.

(Hint... cargo netting, fenced in corridors, dangling muslin, smoke machines and hot light bulbs are a lethal combination.)

I always wonder about the insurance concerns a haunted house attraction raises.

Shaggy

Guest TombraiderTy

How the people die in the haunted house at Great Adventure?

And there has been a small fire on Psycho Path before when a piece of prop rope caught fire.

Haunt operators just need to be more responsible. Alot of times, it's all about $$$... if it's close to the haunt season and money gets low, haunts won't bother with flame proofing. I know this is NOT the problem at KI... I know for Cowboy Carnage is was sprayed down with retardent every night!

It's sad that these are the ONLY haunt articles to make the news and thats how people think EVERY haunt is. They assume that if one haunt burns down and kills a few people that all haunts will/could. I have seen haunts literally take torches to EVERYTHING and NOTHING catches a flame! -Hauntguy