Eiffel Tower - New Lights

Lauch

Not sure if these are the new lights, but I remember someone posting about new lights being installed. Either way, the Eiffel Tower is ablaze tonight in several colors...transitioning between white and red and blue and yellow.

(I was trying to figure out the best way to get pictures from my house, but really couldn't get any good pics....too far away. )

The park installed several dozen special lights before Nights of Fire in 2005, which were only to be used during events such as NOF, Winterfest, and Fearfest. I know that as of last year, the park owned the lights installed permanently on the tower however had to rent the control board. Of course, there has been a lot of speculation in the past several months about whether or not the tower will be illuminated by the multicolored lights at night since Cedar Fair seems to have a love affair with such a thing (Millennium Force). If what you're saying is accurate, then that time may be now.

These lights are not new! There were 8 lights installed for winterfest on the tower. They never left, the park also owns a very nice lighting console to control those 8 fixtures only. (The nicest console in the park mind you!) For all of post season last year the tower changed color on non-FearFest nights. On Fear Fest nights it was it's signature purple color. This year the tower will indeed change colors nightly from dusk till midnight. They will be running nightly starting tonight to make sure all the programming bugs are worked out of it.

And security doesn't work on those lights....Entertainment does.

Nope, no color changes at all and the Nick parade is NOT coming to PKI this year like LAUCH claimed. Two strikes.

Ok I understand where Launches 1st strike may be, but we have no proof as of yet as to whether the tower is changing or not. For all we know the timing of the colors could match the refresh of the camera for some odd reason. For right now I think Launch only has 1 strike....not 2.

I just took another look at the webcam and hit the refresh button and the tower went from a lighter blue color to a dark blue almost purple. Take this how ever you want.

Not understanding the two strikes thing, I didn't mention the parade at all. And why should I get any strikes, when I am just making an observation that is fact....you're telling me because you can't see it on a webcam that I'm not telling the truth?

As for the lights, they were multi-colored last night when I was looking at it. I was trying to think of a way to video tape it, but unfortunately, my camera is a pain in the ass when it comes to video. Also a problem, is that I'm far enough away from the park that the pictures I was taking weren't really any good. Especially when the ET would change to a dark blue, it didn't even show up on the pic.

I saw a few colors: white, blue, red, yellow, green. The yellow could just be a white that was transitioning to green, though I'm not sure. I wasn't quite sure if these lights were new or not, since I just moved here at the end of last year, and really haven't been able to visit the park the past few years.

It's not a guessing game at all.....as Guy 1115 confirmed, and I can back up, the tower will be changing color every operating night. Last night the tower was being testing and was indeed changing color. The lights are not new, they have been in place for a few years and used for events such as NOF, Winterfest and FF, as well as post season last year.

And yeah....security doesnt work on the tower lights, why would they? You "friend" doesnt seem to know what he is talking about.

It's not a guessing game at all.....as Guy 1115 confirmed, and I can back up, the tower will be changing color every operating night. Last night the tower was being testing and was indeed changing color. The lights are not new, they have been in place for a few years and used for events such as NOF, Winterfest and FF, as well as post season last year.

And yeah....security doesnt work on the tower lights, why would they? You "friend" doesnt seem to know what he is talking about.

I love it when you post because you always bust people up with the truth. :P

It was definitely a pleasant surprise. I was enjoying it enough with the regular white lights...yet another thing to look at on my deck!

My step-daughter responded when I pointed it out to her....

"You are really waaay too excited about living so close to Kings Island, Lauch"

Lauch, let me start off by apoligizing to you. You'll notice my post is edited, sorry about the whole two strikes thing. I mistook you for another forum member who was trying to convince everyone that the Nick Parade would be back this year when in fact it is not. I am extremely sorry for the accusation, it was very irate and wrong of me, thank you for letting us know about the lights as I am very glad to see them come to the park this year! I hope you and your step daughter enjoy KI numerous times this season!

Lauch, let me start off by apoligizing to you. You'll notice my post is edited, sorry about the whole two strikes thing. I mistook you for another forum member who was trying to convince everyone that the Nick Parade would be back this year when in fact it is not. I am extremely sorry for the accusation, it was very irate and wrong of me, thank you for letting us know about the lights as I am very glad to see them come to the park this year! I hope you and your step daughter enjoy KI numerous times this season!

Not a big deal, I was just a little confused...lol. :unsure::blink: