Hot Island Rhythms Preview!

BoddaH1994

Opening day is only a few short days away but the members of KIC just can't wait! One of only a few shows to debut this Saturday, Hot Island Rhythms will begin daily shows on April 21st. Entertainment Area Manager Kevin Brunck was so kind as to share some photos of the fine performers rehearsing for opening day!

Click here to see the photos from Hot Island Rhythms'rehearsals!

Kings Island’s five new shows for the 2007 season: Dora’s Sing-A-Long Adventure, which debuts in the Nick Theatre on April 21st, Hot Island Rhythms featuring the carefree songs of summer vacation will also debut on April 21st in the International Bandstand, Twistin' to the 60's opens June 23rd in the International Showplace and invites guests of the park to ‘twist and shout. Come ready for hugs and smiles as The Nicktoons Live at Five debuts on June 16th at the International Bandstand this meet-and-greet with the characters is certainly going to be a kids’ favorite. The crown jewel will be the Endless Summer on Ice Celebration in the Paramount Theatre featuring ice dancing, signing, and popular music and it begins June 9th!

Do the shows start on opening day or do we have to wait a month or two like last season for the shows to start back up?

Did you read the opening post??

Kings Island’s five new shows for the 2007 season: Dora’s Sing-A-Long Adventure, which debuts in the Nick Theatre on April 21st, Hot Island Rhythms featuring the carefree songs of summer vacation will also debut on April 21st in the International Bandstand, Twistin' to the 60's opens June 23rd in the International Showplace and invites guests of the park to ‘twist and shout. Come ready for hugs and smiles as The Nicktoons Live at Five debuts on June 16th at the International Bandstand this meet-and-greet with the characters is certainly going to be a kids’ favorite. The crown jewel will be the Endless Summer on Ice Celebration in the Paramount Theatre featuring ice dancing, signing, and popular music and it begins June 9th!

Uhhh, because it's normally a pretty grueling schedule for the performers. Ya have to have the energy to be able to get out there and sing/dance when it's 90+ degrees.

Woofer is right on the button!!!! When we did the Nicktoon's Block Party show in 98 you would have thought it would have been cool under that big canopy however it was like a scorching oven! I was the oldest cast member in that show and in great shape and it about killed me. I had a friend say, WOW you only do 5 , 20 minutes shows a day then your done!!! Well it is alittle more to it than that. Those young performers work thier asses off and earn every cent of their paycheck. I have alot of respect for the kids who do these shows, even if the show is a flop!

Wow. Someone who likes KB. Sorry, just not my favorite person and has quite a bad rep with many people I know...and he's no Bill. Anyway, I am very happy that they will finally have multiple shows throughout the park again. I saw Hot Island Rhythms yesterday. It's better than nothing (and no it's not awful), but still not the best show they've had. Maybe I'm a little biased, but I've seen what the dept used to be like approx 10 years ago. Definitely looking forward to the ice skating though.

EAM (Kevin Brunck) Is a very gifted and quality minded manager who will do everything in his power to make these shows a hit. That is why he is at top of the entertaiment food chain. He will do right by these new shows thats a fact.

I worked for KB about 11 years ago. I agree with everything you say. He's really quality minded and talented too. He expects a lot from the performers and honestly, I learned more from him in the 2 years I worked for him than I ever learned in my theatre classes. He's a great guy and the entertainment will definitely improve with him around. I saw "Hot Island" yesterday....best show at the Bandstand in years!

• 1 month later...

KB is the man!!!! He's awesome!!! I don't know of anyone who will work harder at their job. He always expects a lot from those who work for him as well. He is like Simon Cowell in that,,, he is honest, and will put quality and professionalism over personal relationships,,, all the while truely caring for anyone who work for him and show loyalty to him and the department.

His manner sometimes rubs people the wrong way. However, most people that have bad things to say about KB,,, are people that worked for him who never really got to know him,,, have never seen how hard he works to make the department successful,,, or people who have not worked that hard at their job to begin with and never got on his 'good side.'

He helped put me through college, and we keep in contact even today.

With that said, Bill was a great manager as well, and KB would echo that statement. He did a lot for that department and it was a shame that Cedar Fair got rid of him simply for financial reasons. None of my statements about KB should insinuate that Bill wasn't great as well.

However the department is still in good and capable hands with KB at the helm.

Entertainment 10 years ago versus now.... Not comparable.

Then there was much more emphasis and money put into entertainment than there is today. Escapade had like 2 full casts of over 20 some people.

When Kings Productions was dismatled and Paramount took over the reigns, funding, facility usage, and many other factors contributed to the department not being as big. That is no managers fault. Bringing back an ice show is a step in the right direction for expanding entertainment,,, but honestly,,,,,, I was in the department for like 7 years,,,, and when I come to the park now I go for the coasters,, not to see shows. It makes sense that the money is allocated where it is.

However I do miss some atmosphere the entertainment department provided back in the day; clown band, magicians, jugglers, weird spanish guys with flaming balls on strings,,,,.

^ So... you double post, and say that Brunck is 'the man' in the first and then say that the entertainment department can't be pinned on one person in the next? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I think the entertainment department is having a turn for the better, and I think it started in 2005 with the show (which I still absolutely love) School of Rock. Of course, no one can go on without tipping their hats to the cast of Toy Factory either.

I mean, they had several down years. I mean, Magic of the Movies was flat out painful to watch, but there have been many buoyant moments since then.

Woofer-,,, right,,, fire balls on strings.

Bodda-,, yes double post,, because to me,, I was commenting on two seperate issues. One, KB's ability to lead the department. Two, the size and scope of the entertainment department in general,,,, which cannot be pinned on one person.