The End of Bring a Friend Free Days?

Young Gunz

BaFFD is a great marketing tool for smaller parks. But for a popular, well attended park, like KI, it is chaos.

Can you imagine how a family would feel if they would hit the park, on their one trip/ year, and it happens to be on BaFFD? I would be rather upset.

Not to mention, unless you are a season pass holder, the general public has no idea what BaFFD is or when it happens.

• Like 1

Well from a park personnel standpoint it is bad because they make a whole cas hload of money on that day. But for us hardcore enthusiasts it is good because now, no more going up to the park and riding The Beast and maybe getting a ride on Outer Limits.

I beg to differ. For any money they make that day, it costs them tons and tons of repeat business. People who don't normally don't go to parks don't need to see one at its very worst. That's a great way to win friends for the park...NOT.

If Burger King gave out free Whoppers one day a year, and by the time you could get one it was old and cold, would that make you think good things about Burger King?

Also mentioned in the article:

The show lineup will bring new life to what was once one of the park's strongest selling points, along with its blockbuster rides, and which seemed to have become a secondary priority during the park's 14-year tenure as a Paramount park.
Of all people to put live entertainment on the backburner, Paramount?...
  • Like 1

Also mentioned in the article:

The show lineup will bring new life to what was once one of the park's strongest selling points, along with its blockbuster rides, and which seemed to have become a secondary priority during the park's 14-year tenure as a Paramount park.
Of all people to put live entertainment on the backburner, Paramount?...

Sure, theirs is all digitally recorded.

I can say from working those BAFFD's, I'm so glad they won't be returning. Just from that fact that during launch time on I-Street, you can't move around to sweep let alone push or pull a cart throw the crowds. I'm glade I missed the last one, think it was in July. Face/Off's line was full and the line went all the way back to Stunt Crew Grill. So yeah employees don't like BAFFD.

• Like 1

Great article in The Post! I am glad that the Paramount theming has been removed from what was once The Paramount Story, Action Zone, and Boomerang Bay.

And I am so excited that Scooby Doo (who my 3-year old son ADORES) and Yogi Bear will appear in the ice show!!! And hey - 5 shows!!! It has been YEARS since we've seen that many.

This season at Kings Island will rock!!! I cannot wait until Saturday.

Have a great weekend!

Italian Chef

PS - I LOVE my new job and my new company. Also, I am so grateful to be out of my former place and position. :lol:

• Like 1

I am not 100% sure but I think there is no longer BAFFD. This caused just way too many problems with the parks capcity.

Yeah I hope they did away with it. I think it was awful from both sides of view. When I worked there BAFFD was always nuts. Long lines, frustrated guests, trash everywhere - the feeling you cant breathe cause theres people stacked on top of other people everywhere. And even as a guest I avoid the park on these days. It was actually more worth it to me to pay to bring a friend in on a regular day when we can ride everything than try to fight the mob on bring a friend free day. So in my opinion its bad for both the park and the guests.

• Like 1

At the end of this interesting article, it is confirmed that Bring A Friend Free Days are OVER:

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../704190348/1005

Thanks, that is about the most comprehensive preview article I have seen. I'm feeling more pumpeed about this season.

The live entertainment department gets a budget and support from senior management, some new food options (such as the Backyard BBQ), and of course Firehawk.

Oh, also of note from the article - if you hold a paper Temporary Season Pass from last fall, you don't HAVE to exchange it for the plastic pass if you don't want to, it will scan at the gate. However, the park is strongly recommending you change it over to the plastic card for durability issues. (read: water rides)

This is good to know if you arrive at the park this weekend and season pass processing is jammed, you can go ahead and enter the park on the temporary pass and take care of getting the card changed out later.

• Like 1

Thank Goodness....AMEN!!!!!

Bring a Friend Free Days were HORRIBLE, TERRIBLE, THEY MADE ME WANT TO PUKE. These days were so horribly busy, that guests who came to the park from a great distance, and most likely had to pay for a single day admission, and were unlucky enough to stumble upon the park on this day COULD NOT RECIEVE ANYTHING FOR THEIR MONEY, except for long exhausting lines, and the ability to pay more money after waiting in another long line to buy food, or merchandise, or to wait in another line to go to a restroom.

THANK YOU Cedar Fair for doing away with Bring A Friend Free Days. It is the 1 gold pass perk that I would have removed myself.

m.f.21

• Like 1

I agree, it really is a good feature being able to go into the park and get your plastic card later! That will really help people who hate standing in lines .. aka me ;)

I was in line last year and the park was letting everyone in line that wanted to go in the park that day with a temporary pass for the day. Also I did not use it as the line went from 30 mins. to 5 mins. after that.

• Like 1