Skywriter's opening Day Trip Report

Skywriter

Okay I left me house at 8:00 got to the park at 9:15 there was a rather large line to park and the parking computers where being slow and I heard the manager out there say this is just not going to work. After 20 min waiting to park when parked in Gold pass even though anyone could I have a gold pass but I had the temp form last fall me friend had to get his processed and I was impressed he got his in 30 min. I exchanged with took around 15 min. I must say that they really want the park to be clean this year there was tons of eco. Workers. I must say that this new Gold Pass it a little bit less quality of pervious years it's not as strong. I noticed that some employees had new Cedar Fair shirts and lots of people did not. I got a park map like I always do. They took my pic. Like every year. The park was not really crowded it was like 10 something by then. I waited one cycle on for the Deli rum. I noticed lots of trash cans and I also noticed that there was a lot of down rides Face/Off was closed and Drop Zone but Face/Off opened later. I like the new signs in Action Zone. Next was The Beast. It was supposedly closed so I rode Tomb Raider which had no Themeing or lights on it were kind of cool riding it that way. Next The Beast opened. I waited in line. I learned that they where closing it to add more trains. Then the lap bars were malfunctioning. There were manticnece guys. Someone asked when was the SOB was opening he said Memorial Day weekend. IJST was closed a lot today also Supposedly Panda Express is in Construction and Sling Shot. SpongeBob Ride is still there Hanna Barbara ride has left. I like the Use of the new logo and it's many colors on the new Ride signs. Firehawk I'm sorry but I looks kind of like a flying form of The Vortex and looks rather short. They were painting it today. It looks cool and I really want to ride it. I rode some other rides. I must say this much I went back for another spin on The Beats and I waited forever because of the Lap bar problems. The Racer is smooth it's a great ride now then did some wood work. Shake Rattle and Roll was painted. I hate the new seatbelts on the AE Vortex and Top Gun. The Vortex one and Top Gun one the seatbelt rest on your nuts.lol. The Paramount Story is gone the marble bricks lettering was scratched off and the employees are really happy about Cedar Fair and all the mangers where happy. I think this is a new Thing at Coney mall there is a Guy that walks around and has extra money and watches everyone. The best change ever now the Q line TVs now show Sony Music videos I really like that and when you walk into the park they have music playing off of the TV's no more paramount songs. I ended the Day with hot Island Jams with was as good or better Than School Of rock. It has great songs that appeals to everyone there’s even comedy. There were many changes but this all I remember today was a perfect day only flaw was lots of down times and even got stuck on The Racer.

I hope this was informational.

"Edited it for grammer and spelling mistakes."

it was a beautiful day to be at ki. it was a terrible day for maintenance at the park.

we ran to The Beast when the rope dropped. it ran one or two cycles and shut down. we waited about a half hour and finally left. trtr was closed, stunt job was down, Vortex had people trapped on the lift hill, bumper cars were not up. got in line on fof. we got to the front and it went down, but only for a few minutes. first ride was fof at 11:30. went back to beast. everybody was coming back out of the entry gate, down again. did racer and ae. went back to beast. got close to front of line, went down. we decided to wait it out. for two hours we waited. they would get it going and go right back down. we finally got on, front car of course. we got stuck on the waiting line to get back into the station. 1/2 hour later we were off.

sorry guys, i just had to vent.

the day ended pretty well after such a rough start.

I didn't ride AE today, line was too long, How are the seat belts on AE? Do they go over your lap like on Racer and The Beast? Are they retractable?

I heard a lot of people complaining about ride down times, but what do you expect? This is first full day of the season that these rides were running. They haven't ran this much since October of last year.

I didn't ride AE today, line was too long, How are the seat belts on AE? Do they go over your lap like on Racer and The Beast? Are they retractable?

ae now has lap belts like racer. they was plenty of room for us plus size guys.

Vortex and top gun have a strap between the legs that attaches to the shoulder bar.

kinda like face off , except they retract. shake rattle and roll has lap belts like racer.

There's new padding on Vortex?? that's awesome, cause i rarely ride Vortex because i always so deep in my seat and i really bang my head. maybe now I won't feel to far down in the seat!

I will admit I didn't even notice that AE had seat belts! I know something was different about that!

And I didn't even get to ride Racer! I wanted to see if i could feel the new wood. Did The Beast have new wood cause it was really rough today, but i enjoyed it!

Keshia

I saw some new wood on The Beast but I really wasn't look for it. I did see it though on Racer.

Vortex was running really smooth today too, I don't know if it was the new wheels or what. I didn't get the usual shaking feeling on the bottom of the first drop. I also noticed a piece of tubular steel under the first drop, probably a piece they just replaced.

Yes you read right I rode it in the Dark but I think they were just down but later they may have worked I was the first guest to ride Tomb Raider but I could tell they fixed the music later but I heard lots of compalnits aibut themeing was worst than ever. The lap bars hurt me and most likely other guys.