Seat belts take over

Cody

Park of the fun of riding roller coasters is airtime, sliding in the seats and the element of danger of falling out. Now we are locked tight into the cars like we are going to an execution.

They (Cedar Fair) have taken 90% of the fun out of riding them now.

Ok this goes outt o some people not all.Have you ever rode The Vortex and the harness goes up 2 or 3 clikcs and you are scared.If yes then the belts are for you i have had this happen to me.Thiking hoping it dont go up a few more or your could be a goner.They added belts makes me feel that they really care about being safe after all the SOb stuff last year they cant take any chances to be put back in the news with some other stuff and all that.

Scoot

1. Everyone new the seatbelts were coming, not a big surprise. Cedar Fair believes in them and what to make every ride as safe as possible.

2. They do not hinder your ride experience and if you have ever felt the restraints on Vortex move a click or 2 you will agree these are a blessing.

3. I would rather ride any coaster more safely with a seatbelt than have a restraint fail and fall out and either die or be seriously injured.

Everyone complaining now about this will be silent by the end of May because nobody will care once everything is in full swing. People hate change and will find anything to complain about. If this is all you have to complain about then I would say its going to be a great seasson.

^ Has anyone else ever experienced anything of the sort on Vortex? I mean, I've seen the OTSR click a few times, and that dosent bother me. Honestly folks, is that even possible? :huh: -- I just have a quick question for anyone that knows. Do the new seatbelts keep it possible for larger guests to keep riding? -- just a thought, because I remember when CP installed belts on the lapbars belonging to MF... Sadly, it kept me from riding, and I'm not even that big of a guy (~250lbs) :(

Pretty much every rollercoaster at ki has seat belts now. Vortexs ones suck and Top Guns ones suck. Its like we have been takeing over by seat belts.

I THINK THAT The Vortex NEEDED THE SEAT BELTS I ABOUT FLIPPED OUT OF IT LAST SEASON. I AM TALL TO SO I THINK THAT IT IS A GOOD SAFTY FACTOR.

I doubt you almost fell out of it last year. The restraints do move a little, when they are in between clicks. My first ride on Vortex yesterday it was like that, and the op stapled me in my seat. He pulled up and it moved a little, and it pushed it down till it clicked again, ouch!

P.S. Please don't type in all caps.

I THINK THAT The Vortex NEEDED THE SEAT BELTS I ABOUT FLIPPED OUT OF IT LAST SEASON. I AM TALL TO SO I THINK THAT IT IS A GOOD SAFTY FACTOR.

There is no need to yell. While some people of larger proportions may not be able to ride this year due to the seatbelts they are an added safty feature and I have to give props to Cedar Fair for that move. I understand that Top gun and Vortex were more friendly to those guests that were larger last year and I am sure Guest Relations will hear alot of complants due to this.

Probably because Top Gun goes higher and faster than Iron Dragon, and who knows maybe Iron Dragon will have them when the park opens this year. I bet they will change the one's on Corkscrew to match the newer seat belts like on the rest of the Arrow loopers too.

Guest kwindshawne
Ok this goes outt o some people not all.Have you ever rode The Vortex and the harness goes up 2 or 3 clikcs and you are scared.If yes then the belts are for you i have had this happen to me.Thiking hoping it dont go up a few more or your could be a goner.They added belts makes me feel that they really care about being safe after all the SOb stuff last year they cant take any chances to be put back in the news with some other stuff and all that.

Scoot

Yes someone in the train right b4 me this happened 2 him: he was going up the lift hill,

and his harness completely came up!!!! :(:o Luckily, he yelled loud enough, and he was near the top.

Thats why im glad.

Oh (*^%!!!!