New Rides

ssdd1970

I have a hypathetical question for you all, if KI sent out a survey and asked the public to pick a couple of new rides for the 2008-09 season and one of those rides would goto the Nick land and the other somewhere else in the park what would you say or choose?

Well I Would Suggest:

For Nickalodeon Universe,

A custom Gerstlauer Spinning Coaster. With some indoor elements highlighting not only Sponge Bob, but the entire Nickalodeon Family. Combined elements like: water, fog, fire, and mist will enhance the experience. A nice height of 80 feet, and a overall track length of 3200 feet would be nice. A lengthy ride chock full of comedy and uncontrollable spinning with low speed and not so steep drops. A onride video system should be installed in the middle of each train capturing the total experience.

For Coney Mall or Action Zone:

A Millenium Force Style out and back giga coaster speeding towards the "Little Miami River" would be super. With a theme that ties into the whole "Beast Family". Height should be 335 feet with a below grade drop of 355 feet, speeds well over 100 mph, several themed tunnels, mist, fog, and fire effects to enhance the experience. The turn around should be something thats unique and mind blowing. A high speed figure eight helix and ejector air bunny hops will end the experience. I'm looking at a track length of 8000 feet.

Honestly, I think both of these attractions are very very possible. Cedar Fair may have already looked into concepts like this. I really hope so!

Kings Island Forever - Airromeo 2007

Well I Would Suggest:

For Nickalodeon Universe,

A custom Gerstlauer Spinning Coaster. With some indoor elements highlighting not only Sponge Bob, but the entire Nickalodeon Family. Combined elements like: water, fog, fire, and mist will enhance the experience. A nice height of 80 feet, and a overall track length of 3200 feet would be nice. A lengthy ride chock full of comedy and uncontrollable spinning with low speed and not so steep drops. A onride video system should be installed in the middle of each train capturing the total experience.

For Coney Mall or Action Zone:

A Millenium Force Style out and back giga coaster speeding towards the "Little Miami River" would be super. With a theme that ties into the whole "Beast Family". Height should be 335 feet with a below grade drop of 355 feet, speeds well over 100 mph, several themed tunnels, mist, fog, and fire effects to enhance the experience. The turn around should be something thats unique and mind blowing. A high speed figure eight helix and ejector air bunny hops will end the experience. I'm looking at a track length of 8000 feet.

Honestly, I think both of these attractions are very very possible. Cedar Fair may have already looked into concepts like this. I really hope so!

Kings Island Forever - Airromeo 2007

Your hired :lol:

This is easy, The Eagles. also Phantom Theater

If they brought back Phantom Theater, they could loosely theme it to danny phantom, and redo the outside to look like an even better haunted theater. They could add new animatronics made to look like ghosts from danny phantom, add a new jimmy neutron themed flying eagles, and add the gerstlauer coaster that Airromeo4Ever came up with and call it an expansion to nick universe.

• 4 months later...
How about a corkscrewing wooden coaster that goes 300 feet for the kids area, and a see-saw for the main part. That should go over well for the guests.

even though that sounds cool so that we could have an inverting wooden coaster again it would be cooler if we had an "Inverted Wooden Coaster" that loops twice corkscrews 4 times and has an inverted zero G roll!!!

here's an idea of what it could be like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3m49OiA9fs

How about a corkscrewing wooden coaster that goes 300 feet for the kids area, and a see-saw for the main part. That should go over well for the guests.

even though that sounds cool so that we could have an inverting wooden coaster again it would be cooler if we had an "Inverted Wooden Coaster" that loops twice corkscrews 4 times and has an inverted zero G roll!!!

here's an idea of what it could be like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3m49OiA9fs

Are you on something? :huh:

I have way too many questions about a wood inverter. First, how would the track be laid upside down? It's not like steel rails at all. Next, how would you make inverted cars for said track? Maybe if I was on something it would make sense.

Anyway, my choice(s) would be to bring back a lot of the classic flats like a Tilt-A-Whirl, Rotor.

The Jump 2 looks interesting. I'm not really sure what is left that is non-coaster that would fit in Nick Central. I'd also like to see a ride like Skyhawk at Cedar Point.

I have way too many questions about a wood inverter. First, how would the track be laid upside down? It's not like steel rails at all. Next, how would you make inverted cars for said track? Maybe if I was on something it would make sense.

Anyway, my choice(s) would be to bring back a lot of the classic flats like a Tilt-A-Whirl, Rotor.

The Jump 2 looks interesting. I'm not really sure what is left that is non-coaster that would fit in Nick Central. I'd also like to see a ride like Skyhawk at Cedar Point.

all that you'd have to do is make the post holding the rail extended to the supports and it wouldn't be too hard to get cars just think of the seats the same (not upside down) but the wheels are on the opposite side and put the metal rail on the wood in between the wood...

but if you think i'm on something.....uhh i got nothing cuz im not on anything. :unsure:

all that you'd have to do is make the post holding the rail extended to the supports and it wouldn't be too hard to get cars just think of the seats the same (not upside down) but the wheels are on the opposite side and put the metal rail on the wood in between the wood...

but if you think i'm on something.....uhh i got nothing cuz im not on anything. :unsure:

You forgot one thing... its wood! Remember what happened the last time someone tried to make a wooden coaster go upside down? Wood is not made to work againse gravity. Steel is different, you can weld steel, wood, all you've got is bolts, screws, and nails. The supports on the loop of SOB had to be made out of steel because wood would not support it. How could you possibly build a wood structure strong enough to hold trains upside down.

A support that looks like this |"' made out of steel is a lot different than one made out of steel. Steel could hold a train, wood could barely hold itself.

You forgot one thing... its wood! Remember what happened the last time someone tried to make a wooden coaster go upside down? Wood is not made to work againse gravity. Steel is different, you can weld steel, wood, all you've got is bolts, screws, and nails. The supports on the loop of SOB had to be made out of steel because wood would not support it. How could you possibly build a wood structure strong enough to hold trains upside down.

A support that looks like this |"' made out of steel is a lot different than one made out of steel. Steel could hold a train, wood could barely hold itself.

i think the only reason they got new trains is because of too much stress on the loop and then the lighter trains couldn't make it around the loop???what i heard

but i can dream can't I

did i dream this or did Son of Beast get stuck up-side down in its loop? and if i wasn't dreaming then wood is stronger than you believe it is because its track that it ran on in the loop was made of wood not steel and it held a train up more than once if i remember right.

i would like the worlds first giga-diving coaster to find its home at ki and put it were top gun is and for nick central how about a small version of delerium for them i mean it would keep the small but there theme of taking big rides and shrinking them for the little kiddies those examples are the fairly odd coaster(small version of beast), danny phantom flyers(somewhat small version of Firehawk),plankton plunge(small version of drop zone),and wild thornberrys(small version of congo falls)

This is easy, The Eagles. also Phantom Theater

If they brought back Phantom Theater, they could loosely theme it to danny phantom, and redo the outside to look like an even better haunted theater. They could add new animatronics made to look like ghosts from danny phantom, add a new jimmy neutron themed flying eagles, and add the gerstlauer coaster that Airromeo4Ever came up with and call it an expansion to nick universe.

You would want to re-theme a classic ride that was a cornerstone of the park and re-theme it to a nickelodeon show which in my opinion is not even that good. That is why i do not watch Nickelodeon i always watch Boomerang now because it gives more of a classic feel for cartoons.

As far as rides i would like to see something like the flying eagles go back into Nick Central and it get re-named HBL. And for the main pat i would like to see a major steel coaster go in there well over 200 feet and full of airtime.

• 2 weeks later...
did i dream this or did Son of Beast get stuck up-side down in its loop? and if i wasn't dreaming then wood is stronger than you believe it is because its track that it ran on in the loop was made of wood not steel and it held a train up more than once if i remember right.

Bad coaster_junky! We go stupid outside! Bad!

Seriously. The loop was a steel element, no wood involved. No word on whether it ever stalled in the loop, but the rest of your hallucination was, well, just that.

Now, if I may make my suggestion for the park, all I really want for next year is a little theming and maybe a Starship 2000 for the X-Base area, and I guess either a set of Eagles or Sports Cars (Cedar Point used to have a set... not the Antiques, I liked this other body style better) for Nick Universe. I know that's not very ambitious, but I've developed this thing for flat rides lately. Ann and I put extra focus on making sure we hit every non-kiddie flat we could last time at the park, and it was just *so* much nicer than waiting in coaster lines all day. So there's my vote.

-Steven

Why do you want a kiddie ride? Nick Univerise? wtf. I'll take 3 flat rides and expansion of xbase please :)

Because the thread starter asked for two rides, one in NU and one elsewhere? Not that I dislike your suggestion or anything. KI needs a few more flats to fill things out. Just feels a little coaster-heavy to me lately.

:)

-Steven

Seven, sorry to say but you are wrong. There was wood involved in that steel spined loop. A wood coaster may run on steel plates along the track but wood is used to bolt that steel down. Take a closer look at the track in that loop.

http://coasterbuzz.com/rollercoasterphoto.htm?i=2695

Ugh. That's what I get for ignoring that little voice in the back of my head shouting "You're wrong! Don't post that!" I'll make sure I do my research better in the future. I was sure that it was steel track in the loop, because I just couldn't reconcile the idea of using regular wood coaster tracks through it. Fair call then, thank you for correcting me.

Apologies then to coaster_junky on that point. However, I remain displeased with your follow-up post and the notion of anything going back "were top gun is." Don't you *dare* touch my ride. Not even for a giga-diving coaster.

:)

-Steven

And with regards to someone mentioning Son of Beast getting stuck upside down. It never was stuck in the loop with riders. The first season it was open, a train did get stuck half way up the lift hill, and the riders had to be evacuated down the lift stairs.

i would have bet money that Son of Beast got stuck upside down with people more that once and as for seven every one makes a mistake but top gun may be your ride but Son of Beast is my ride