season pass lines opening day

bonafidefreak

What was the deal with having to stand in yet another line to get temporary passes traded in for permanent cards. That was so rediculous. In years past..you took your picture..and withing moments you had your pass. I bought mine online in October...went to Fear Fest and had picture taken...only to have to come on opening day and stand in line for 2 hours to get my permanent cards. Only three windows open..and they had us mixed in with people paying for season passes....waiting for credit card confirmatios..etc. It was insane...people were so angry. Cedar Fair really dropped the ball on this one. If I have to go through this every year..I am done with it! :angry:

The reasoning behind the temp passes last year (at least when I got mine), was that Kings Island didn't yet have the non Paramount logos with which to print the 2007 passes. At least that's what I was told. Given that the new park logos weren't around until the wintertime, I can understand. Even so, anyone who's waiting on opening day to process has to know that there will be a line, along with monkeywrenches that are present during every opening day. One could have also used their temp pass to get in if they were that excited, and then cashed in during the day sometime.

You could also go into the park with your paper pass, enjoy part of your day, and then get your permanent pass later in the day.

Can someone confirm this? This sounds promising but I don't want to wait to enter the park only to be told that I need my permanent pass when I reach the ticket takers.

You could also go into the park with your paper pass, enjoy part of your day, and then get your permanent pass later in the day.

That is exactly what I did...when we showed up at 9:30 am....the line was a mile long..so we went into the park...came back out at 7:00pm..and the lines were still long.

"Cincyboy79: not sure where you are located but they DID have season pass processing open 1 week before the park opened and they do have hours during the week so you wouldnt have had to wait 2 hours in line to get your pass exchanged "

I couldn't come during the week to get passes exchanged..because I live 100 miles away and I work for a living.

My original thought was to use my temp pass, and exchange later, but as we were going in there were only to other groups at the window so we exchanged before the park was open. At lunch when we were going out, there were multiple lines stretching about one fifth of the way to Boomerang Bay. My wife took cell phone video of it because it looked insane. :)